So….does anyone else have any advice on how to jump my book sales?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support So….does anyone else have any advice on how to jump my book sales?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 147

Shello y’all!

Just hopping on here bc I have a book that I’m trying to promote/get a certain amount of sales in before the end of the year…and I’m just wondering, since this whole self-publishing thing is new to me, do any of you have advice on how to do thus?

I don’t know about tags, maybe: @joy-caroline. @freedomwriter76.
      And if anyone else wants to jump in that’d be appreciated a lot!!!

Btw, some of you know me as someone different then my pen-name…from other mentions…

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@wilder-w. Not sure how much help I’ll be…I’ve never published a book nor am I anywhere close to publishing one yet, but I will most certainly try!

Have you tried using Social Media? With the way things are now, almost everyone is on Social Media and the Internet at least once a day. It could be a great way to get the information about your book out. Or…have you maybe tried local things like the Newspaper or a Library? I’m not sure how many of them would offer promotional things, but it would never hurt to ask! Now, putting something in the Newspaper does normally cost something, so if you want something free, Social Media is probably the best and quickest course of action.

Not sure if any of this helped, but I’m rooting and Praying for you Girl! <3

Anonymous

Gosh….I put this is the wrong topic forum. Whoops.

Anonymous

@freedomwriter76 Shanks girl. I have an Instagram…but that’s about it. I don’t do Facebook…nor anything else. I have a website already. My parents aren’t big fans of the Social Media output these days.
            And I’m soon putting it into a bookshop and library. Just hoping it works!!!

Anonymous

@wilder-w. You’re Very Welcome! Good for you! Instagram can still work for getting your book out there! And I totally understand what your parents mean. 🙂

Awesome! I’m wishing and praying for the best of luck! <3 (oh, and don’t worry about it being in the wrong forum. We’ve all done it. XD)

Anonymous

@wilder-w. Here, let me tag a few more Keepers for you! 🙂

@jenwriter17
                . @kathleenramm. @gracie-j. @lydia-s. @jodi-maile. @emilysf. @godlyfantasy12.

@r-m-archer
                . @trahia-the-minstrel.

Hope they can help you in some way! 😉

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17
                  • Total Posts: 2522

@wilder-w So exciting! Here are some of the most important things in my opinion for promoting your book: 1) a website, 2) a newsletter/email list, 3) social media.

Think of your website as your “home base.” This is where you want to direct more traffic to, because there people will learn more about your book/whatever you’re selling, how to buy it and hopefully join your email list. It’s very important to have a website that is appealing and eye-catching and matches your author brand.

Email list numbers are more important than social media follower counts because you know the people who are willing to give you your email are “higher quality subscribers” then someone who just follows you on Instagram. They’re going to be more interested/more likely to eventually buy your book and be interested in future releases.

Social media can be a controversial topic among marketing. Some think it’s not that effective, but I disagree. Here’s how I view social media: it’s a platform to connect with people (other authors, readers/potential customers), share about your book, and direct people to your email list. I recommend picking two social media platforms to really focus on building (two platforms that you would most enjoy working on). Instagram has a very large bookish community obviously, but it also depends on who your target reader is as to which social media platform you choose.

Another thing that’s really valuable for authors (especially indie authors) looking to promote their books is reviews (especially on Amazon and Goodreads). You could try running a sign-up for readers to get a free copy (whether physical or ebook) in exchange for an honest review delivered within a set time frame. There’s always a chance not everyone will follow through on reading your book and posting your review, but those extra reviews will start boosting your credibility (plus if the review is shared by the reader on social media that also increases traffic toward you).

I hope that helps! This is a topic I love talking about, so if you’d like go deeper into it, just let me know. 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                  www.jennaterese.com

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@wilder-w

@jenwriter17
                    basically said it all and said it so beautifully . . . so, I don’t think I have a whole lot to add XD But marketing through social media definitely helps, like she said, and if you don’t already have a Goodreads author account, I highly recommend creating one.

P.S.: What’s your book called?

Power
                    @power
                      • Total Posts: 292

Look up S. D. Smith (The author of the Green Ember series), and scroll through his social media platforms (Try to go back a couple years) and website. He promotes his stuff through giveaways (Yes, bribes work), goals, and awesome quotes. I have watched his marketing over the past 5-8 year, and he has done very well.

p.s. Even though you might not be able to just giveaway a lot of books free, you might consider a drawing for those who share a post promoting you book, or letting people read a preview of your book if they sign up for your newsletter.

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous

@power. @joy-caroline. @jenwriter17. Thank you all so much!!! Seriously, it means the absolute world to me!
                        I will try social media…hopefully *crosses fingers*. And I will definitely look into a Goodreads account. Currently, I do not have one, but now that I think of it I should lol.
                        Again, thank you so much. And I apologize for not getting back sooner, but with life and all…oh well.

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s
                          • Total Posts: 399

@wilder-w

Ooo, good question! I have not published a novel yet, but I do know of a few ladies on here who have:

@gracie-j
                          @issawriter7 @mkfairygirl @e-k-seaver @r-m-archer

Hopefully they can help! Wishing you the best!!! <3333

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j
                            • Total Posts: 1789

@wilder-w Jenna said it all. XD I would HIGHLY recommend blogging (and I have an article series all about it on my blog if you’re interested!), and YES TO INSTAGRAM! I just got it less than three months ago and it has already been AMAZING! I haven’t noticed a huge jump in sales (yet!), but it has certainly expanded my reach and popularity!

And Goodreads. is. fabulous. You need it. Seriously.

If you’ve published through KDP, I suggest running a sale or even pricing your book as free for a couple days…even though you won’t make as much money, your sales will skyrocket! Plus, I’ve always noticed a few sales slipping in right before/after I discount my book, so that’s pretty epic!

If you don’t mind sharing the link to your book (like on Amazon) and your IG handle/website URL, I’d love to spotlight it on IG! 😀

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anonymous

@gracie-j Oh my word, I’m sooooooo sorry for not responding sooner….I’ve been busy. Well, that’s sugarcoating it really XD

Yes, I am published on KDP, and I also am setting up a Goodreads account right now. *click* DONE! Well, not really, still have to work out some glitches in our computer but you get the point.

Ahhh….you have already spotlighted my book, Grace. You just don’t know who I am ’cause I have a pen name on here…whelp!

Again, thanks for the advice!!!! You rock!

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j
                                • Total Posts: 1789

@wilder-w Oh, no worries, girl!! I feel ya!

Awesome! Ooh, I’mma go follow you! As soon as I figure out who you are…I have my suspicions…

Aah, I see. Well, that means you’re either M.C. Kennedy or Kylie Beevers. I’m leaning toward Kylie, because M.C. already has a Goodreads account and I can’t find her on IG, but Kylie’s on IG. There is a slight possibility you’re someone else entirely, but that’s my guess! XD

Aw, you’re welcome!! Thank YOU! 😀

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anonymous

@gracie-j Yup…you found me out, I’m Ky. Its pretty simple actually but *shrugs*, what’s the fun in your own name? Unless you have a better name, such as you do, but anyway!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >