Short Story Contest

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Short Story Contest

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

@gracie-j

So cool! I’m a bit caught up in the throws of my novel, but I can’t wait to read all the winners!

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

@katherine Of course!!! Ah, yes, exactly!

@kathleenramm
        Thanks! Totally understand! I’ll have to share who won here once the contest is over!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

relia
        @relia
          • Total Posts: 47

@gracie-j

I just finished the first draft of it! It was so. fun. and really gave me the boost I needed, cuz it is so satisfying and fulfilling to actually finish a story from start to finish! I say “boost” in the encouragement sense, since physically I was up till 3 am writing in the pitch black, wondering whether it was ‘squeezing your eyes shut’ or ‘squeezing your eyes tut’ and I am paying for it now but hey one can always nap.

I think I’ll do a few edits and then submit it :))

Just a quick question, when you say “appropriate for younger readers,” how young are you talking about? My story is really quite clean, but deals with stuff that is a bit darker than I’d want, say, my 8 year old sister reading. I’m assuming you just mean no cussing or anything explicit, but I thought I’d make certain. (By the way, I just realized one of the blog posts I’d read a long time ago about portraying vs including was by you, so a) thank you so much for that! and b) I pretty much went by that principle.)

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@relia Oh, I’m sorry that kept you up all night!! But I’m sooo glad you enjoyed writing it and seriously can’t wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals with excitement*

Ahem.

Oh, that sounds fine. Nothing explicit, is all, yeah. (For real? That’s awesome! You’re so welcome! *grins*)

Elizabeth
            @lewilliams
              • Total Posts: 252

@gracie-j Oooh this looks so fun!!! I just started a new job, so no promises, but I maaaaaay try to throw my hat in the ring! Either way, I’m looking forward to reading the winner’s story! 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@lewilliams Oh, I do so hope you’ll have the time! I’d love for you to join in!!!

Abigail.M.
                @abigail-m
                  • Total Posts: 1242

@gracie-j

Your contest looks so amazing!:D I saw it in your newsletter, count me in!

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@abigail-m YAY!!! *pumps fist*

relia
                    @relia
                      • Total Posts: 47

@gracie-j

Yay, just submitted! The level of editing is awful since I’ve been gone all week 🙁 but I’m happy with the story itself, so cheers to that!

After the contest is over, all the entrants should consider posting a link to our stories on here, cuz I really wanna read everyone’s 😀

I can't think of anything witty at the moment.

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@relia YAY!!! I just read over it, and it seems fine!

Oh, that would be awesome! If they don’t share them, I just might!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >