Self publish… HEEEELP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform Self publish… HEEEELP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elfwing
    @elfwing
      • Total Posts: 486

Hello all, the infamous Elfwing returns after long dormancy in writer burnout to ask an important question…

I want to self-publish. this isn’t an out of the blue thing, I’ve been looking into it off and on for a year or so.

I’ve been working on my novels for over 3 years and edging closer to a satisfactory disasterpiece that people so far have really liked when they’ve read it.

I was going to go with Amazon, mostly it’s been suggested to me the most by people, including @gracie-j and @daisy-torres. 🙂

Are there any other platforms i should consider? preferably ones that don’t cost an arm and a leg because I don’t exactly have money comin’ out of me ears. *cringes at my money dwindling like unguarded dragon gold because I have no job right now T_T

I try to do research before asking questions but in this case I figured i may as well ask for help from people who may have done it before. please feel free to tag anyone you think could help me out!

I’m just gonna tag peoples ‘ tags that i remember lol

@lydia-s
      @e-k-seaver @abigail-m @jodi-maile @godlyfantasy12 @issawriter7 @kathleenramm

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Elfwing.

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Daisy Torres
      @daisy-torres
        • Total Posts: 691

@elfwing Good luck!! There’s not much that I know that I haven’t told you already, but I hope you find something that works XD

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer
          • Total Posts: 243

I use Amazon/KDP. It’s been really easy and straightforward to use; my only complaint is that I don’t like having to support Amazon’s values by working with them. XP

I like the character/integrity of Vervante (an independent print-on-demand service), but they will cost you an arm and a leg; that’s why I didn’t publish with them, unfortunately.

AVOID IngramSpark; they’re both expensive and a massive pain in the neck. I tried using them for the sake of paperback pre-orders and gave up because there were so many issues. (And starting a shop on my site paid off, so it turned out to be a blessing in disguise!)

LuLu is the only other option coming to mind and I have no personal experience there, so the most I can say is that it’s another option to research.

I hope that helps! 🙂

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

Elfwing
          @elfwing
            • Total Posts: 486

@daisy-torres @r-m-archer thank you both

yeah i know amazon isn’t great to support but if it works… gotta pick the lesser of the evils and difficulties i guess lol

I’ll check out LuLu though

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >