Replies Not Posting

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Replies Not Posting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

So…I’m not very tech savvy… *squints at laptop screen, uncertain if it’s supposed to be glowing, since it was black as soot only a moment ago* …and I’m sure that there’s either a very good explanation for this… *glances askance at the little tiny dots of color that somehow form white on the screen* …or else a quick fix… *glares at all the letters popping up onscreen, wondering how they got there* …but since I don’t know, I’ll ask.

I keep trying to reply to a post–and I mean I’ve tried about seven or eight times, changing the word and even removing the links I included–but they never post. I’ll press the back button and try again or refresh the page or close out the window or turn off my PC and come back 12 hours later…still nothing. I’ve already given up on the intro post that won’t post on both here and SE. I think *flicks laptop screen with index finger* it hates me. *offscreen yelling ensues* I always loved you, Annie! I’ve given you so much of me! My entire life has been saved onto you! My fears and hopes and dreams reside within your motherboard! Why have you turned against me? And why have you used this innocent forum to enact your treachery? (And, no, I didn’t really name my laptop Annie. I’m still mulling over a few names. Margaretha’s a good one.)

Is this a common problem or something that can’t be fixed? Because I can always move on–no biggie–but if there’s a fix, that’d be great to know. 😊 Thanks!

And if anyone knows why my intro post wouldn’t work (tried that eight times too) I’d appreciate some insight!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
      @william-starkey
        • Total Posts: 634

@Gracie-j Well, I really don’t have an idea for what’s wrong.

What you could try, though, is take your post (copy and paste it, that is) onto a new NEW POST thing after refreshing your page.

I don’t know, though…maybe it really just doesn’t like you at all. I’ve heard of some computers like that.

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@leon-fleming Oh, so now you tell me that my computer hates me. Now, after two whole months of enduring Margaretha’s abuse. And here I thought I’d bought the Loyal and Loving model. Hmm. I need a refund.

Aside from that, I will try the copy/paste/refresh thing. (I’ll be honest, though, I think the forum hates it when I try to include a link. That’s the common denominator, so…)

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >