Putting a Character where you live? XD

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Putting a Character where you live? XD

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Okay y’all, may seem odd, but I have a question for y’all! Have any of you had a character that’s from the same place as you?

I ask because, though many of my characters are from Germany, England, or the Northern US, I put one of my MC’s, Ezra, in Kentucky.

And if y’all haven’t looked at my profile, I was born in and have lived basically my whole life in the Bluegrass State. 😉

I love Kentucky for various reasons, but in light of Ezra, I thought of a question!

So, have any of y’all made a character that’s from the same state/county/city as you? If not, would you ever be willing to try it or have you ever thought about it?

Alright, time for some tags. 😉

(If y’all write fantasy, whoops. Either just ignore me or join in anyways. XD)

@gracie-j
      . @starshiness. @lydia-s. @joy-caroline. @wilder-w. @horsegirl13. @koshka. @elishavet-pidyon. @katthewriter. @eaw24.

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

OOH! Good question! I have TONS that are from Georgia…a few from cities close by…and a series set in a fictional version of my hometown!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Anonymous

@gracie-j. Aw, thanks! 😀

Cool! It’s fun to have characters from where we live. XD

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@freedomwriter76 It certainly is! 😀

Anonymous

@gracie-j. Ezra’s the only one so far, but he’s also one of my favorites, so. XD

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@freedomwriter76 Haha, that certainly counts for more than one! 😉

Anonymous

@gracie-j. Absolutely! XD Well…and his sister. But she’s not an MC. 😉

Koshka
                  @koshka
                    • Total Posts: 1424

@freedomwriter76

One of my old WIPs was about some Irish and Jewish families during the civil war. It was set in the Piney Woods of East Texas, where I’ve grown up. It was waayyy too complicated for my writing experience at the time, but I may pick it back up someday.

But probably not.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. That sounds REALLY interesting! Sounds like the kind of book I would read. 😉 And you’re from Texas? Awesome!

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice
                        • Total Posts: 3365

Only one! A dystopian novel I wrote is set in a futeristic version of the town where I live. I mean I really kind of destroyed my hometown and it was really quite fun.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Gracie J.
                        @gracie-j

@freedomwriter76 Haha, of course!

Anonymous

@seekjustice. Interesting. Destroying your hometown was fun? XD (Ahh, we Writers. XD)

Lydia S.
                            @lydia-s
                              • Total Posts: 399

@freedomwriter76

I’ve done something kinda like that! One of my MCs in a contemporary novel I started a while back was from a city in my (rather distant) area, but she moved from my state to WV, where the story was set. 😀

Anonymous

@lydia-s. Aww, cool! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >