Put Your Happiest Story Moments Here 💛

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Put Your Happiest Story Moments Here 💛

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1626

@loopylin

Yeah, she was my pfp for a while. I change it so often, lol

Lol, yeah, it’s fun to see everyone’s new pfp ‘s every week or so. I haven’t found one to change mine to yet. But I will soon…😅😂

@mineralizedwritings

You’re so welcome! Yeah, me neither! 😊

#HugRikerSquad

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2588

@loopylin

She is so stinking adorable – I laughed out loud at the close-up frame!

@mineralizedwritings

I love the wonder in his face ❤

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2794

@whalekeeper

Thanks!

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2020

@whalekeeper

Thanks! I’m glad I made you laugh 😁

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Erica
            @starofthenorth
              • Total Posts: 199

@whalekeeper

Great topic 😊

@mineralizedwritings

I love the pic of Tauren! And yes, the stars are so wonderful. Every time I look up at night I’m like “and God knows all their names????”

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@starofthenorth

Glad you like it! 😁

And yeah, he knows all of them?!!!

へびは かっこいい です!

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3202

@whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @loopylin (I think I got everyone. Lol)

So this is not quite a happy moment, if you will, but more a really sweet moment. This is in my Refined Duology. I’m taking a break from it for a long time, as of now. So, this is from Tyrone’s (one of the MCs) POV. Brody is a 6 year-old boy he meets in the story. Brody is literally the sweetest thing!! (Btw, I took away someone’s name who died, just in case I ever share the story with y’all)

I sighed. “Come on. Tell me.”

With tears starting to fall he [Brody] said, “Why do people have to die?”

Again, I was surprised. I didn’t actually know how to answer. “Because that’s what happens,” I offered. He furrowed his brow.

“But why? *name* was so nice. He didn’t deserve to die! It’s not fair!”

“I know, Brody, I know,” I replied, trying to calm him down. He was right. He didn’t deserve to die. “I don’t really know the answer to your question though.”

He sighed. “I miss *name* already.”

I nodded and mumbled. “Yeah… me too.” My own eyes started to water. I tried to wipe away the tears. Brody met my gaze and said, “It’s all right to cry.”

I couldn’t help it anymore. I broke down and started to sob. Brody comfortingly hugged me and patted my back. My grief overtook me. After a few minutes, I controlled my crying and stood up. I grabbed Brody’s hand. “Thank you. You’re a special kid, you know?”

A huge smile stretched across his face. I couldn’t stop my own smile. “Come on, Brody. Let’s go.”

I just love this scene so much!! 🥰

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

@esther-c GAAAASP BROOOODDDYY *adds to another of my fav charries list. Adds to #ProtectionSquad XD*

UGH I LUV HIM ALREADY. I’m such a sucker for little boys. And little brothers. And brothers. And guys…..

🤦🏻‍♀️

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Whaley
                    @whalekeeper

@godlyfantasy12 XD Guys in general XD

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3202

@godlyfantasy12

I didn’t see your post until now. 😅 oops.

But yes!!!!!!!!! Brody is the absolute best! Here’s his moodboard:

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@esther-c AWWWW JUST SAW THIS!!!!! He is adorable!!!! He reminds me of Paxton.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@esther-c

That was soo sweet! I loved it!

へびは かっこいい です!

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6
                              • Total Posts: 1626

@esther-c

Awwww!!! Brody!!! My goodness. He sounds adorable! That scene is so sweet 🥲❤️❤️!! Love his mood board!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Light.

#HugRikerSquad

Whaley
                              @whalekeeper

Okay, this is from my newest\oldest project. I wrote this on a whim at eleven o’clock at night, but I think it turned out pretty well, all things considered.

Pax (temporary name) is a Pale One – a human race kind of disliked because of their greed and selfish nature. The people of Farless ( where Mustafa is from) have always had hope in the phoenix. But now the phoenix’ blessing has been given to the Pale boy. Every time Pax dies an untimely death (which happens a lot, considering he has no idea how to survive), he comes back as a baby, and swiftly grows back to his original age.

Mustafa doesn’t like Pax – Pax has replaced him as Talia’s closest friend, beat him in a fight several times, and always seems to highlight his weaknesses. They both detest each other – mostly.

Excerpt:

Finally, breath caught in his throat and side, Mustafa slid to a stop behind one of the market booths. The reports clicked past, missing him in the shadowed alley.

So close, so close, so close.

If they had been any closer, they would have caught him – and then what would Talia say? She would jabber on, spitting fire, even at his gravestone.

In an effort to calm himself, Mustafa swallowed and stared up at the cold stars above him. He gripped his bundle tighter.

A faint coo.

Mustafa sighed. “Be quiet, won’t you? They’ll hear, and then you won’t grow back to your proper, charming, handsome self ever again.”

The bundle squirmed. Dark green eyes blinked, as if filling with pools of ink.

“You don’t like it, do you? Being a baby, and all that. Well – I just want to let you know, from the bottom of my heart, that you look ridiculous.”

Pax didn’t seem to care very much. He blinked again, sleepily, and nestled farther into his velvet blanket.

Mustafa tried not to stare. It was so strange, to think that he had to change his sworn rival’s diapers. It wasn’t as bad as all that, but the strangest thing was… What was going on in baby Pax’s head? Could he still think? Was the old Pax, the stuck-up, fancy Pax still in there? What was it like, to hold the Phoenix’ blessing?

As if in answer, the baby raised his head, and held out his pudgy white hand for Mustafa’s rough, brown one.

“‘Afa.” Pax’s nose wrinkled good-naturedly.

Mustafa pulled his hand back as if it had been slapped. But the baby just reached for his hat tassel instead, and folded his fingers around the fluffy white pom-pom.

“What?”

“‘Afa, ‘Afa, ‘Af-”

“Shush,” Mustafa tried to say. But his chest was already pounding, pounding, pounding with a fierce, strong joy. The kind that wraps itself together so tight, it turns into love. The kind that catches a mother’s eyes on fire. The kind that moves mountains.

So what if Pax had ruined it all – ruining Mustafa’s chances of ever impressing his master, the other children, or Talia? The phoenix boy had way more on his plate to worry about. Everything Mustafa cared about was rubbish in comparison.

Quickly, before the jealousy seeped back into his tunic, Mustafa hugged Pax closer. The baby’s head was warm and feathery, and smelled of goat milk, mixed with the sweet spices of home. Curry, coriander, steaming cardamom rolls…

Mustafa began to cry. It was a good kind of crying – not doused in shame, but clean, and fresh, and bright.

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

@whalekeeper OH MY GOSH I LOVE THAT!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! That was amazing!!!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >