Private Messaging

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Private Messaging

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    valtmy
    @valtmy
      • Total Posts: 732

Hey just to check: is there a PM function in this forum somewhere? I’m thinking of sharing the first few chapters of my projects to get feedback from some of you guys but I’m a little iffy about posting links directly on the forum since it’s available for public viewing.

(embarrassed whispers) I’m really uncomfortable with random people seeing and commenting on my work without my knowledge.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 😀

NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

@valtmy If you click on someone’s name, and it takes you to the page with their posts and stuff, there is an option for “Public Message,” which lets you send them a message apart from the forum threads. However, other people can see the message if they look at site wide activity page (which I found once, but never found my way back to. Hm.), or if they look at your posts, or the posts of the person you’re messaging.

I don’t think there’s a way to send a message that only you and the person you’re messaging can see though.

Does this help?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

valtmy
        @valtmy

@daughteroftheking

Yep. I guess I will just have to get over myself if I can’t think of another way. 😅

Thanks!

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@valtmy You can public message a few people and then share the doc directly with them.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@valtmy Usually people on here are really nice about it if you just let them know you only want a specific few people on the document.  You might get a few random views of people reading it, but they won’t comment unless you want them to.  People always ask me for permission before commenting on my documents, and I do the same for others.  So if you are afraid of extra people commenting, just put a comment in the same place where you post the link to the doc that you want people to ask before they comment, and you probably won’t get any random comments. 🙂

Hope this helps!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

Hey @valtmy, I’d also like to point out that google docs does have a feature you can set the doc to that allows you to pick and choose who has access to your doc based on their email, so if you wanted to do it that way, you could.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Elizabeth.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

valtmy
                @valtmy

@daeus

I might consider that. Thanks!

@rochellaine

Haha I know you guys are all really nice. The problem is that people outside the KP forums can access it as well and I’m shy about my writing. 😳

@that_writer_girl_99

Hmm… I did think about using that feature but I know not everyone may want to give out their email so I wanted to check if there was another way.

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine
                    • Total Posts: 3322

@valtmy I guess the best way to do it would probably be to just put the link out there for everyone, and say that there’s a limited time – say one or two days, or maybe less – to access it.  After the time is up, you can copy everyone’s comments into your own notes and then delete the document.  Then the link will be empty and no one can read your stuff.

What do you think of that idea? 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                    @valtmy

@rochellaine

Yeah I think I might do that. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >