Pray for this Family!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Mission, Calling & Ethics Pray for this Family!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1626

@starofthenorth @freedomwriter76 @theloonyone @felicity @Wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @godlyfantasy12 @any-one-else

So, my mom just showed me this…and it is mind-blowingly sincere and just amazing. The grandfather of the girl that was murdered, he wrote this. And needless to say, I believe our prayers are helping and being answered :O 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6. Absolutely beautiful. <333

My vision just got blurry for a minute…

Lord Jesus, continue to help the family. <333

(Thank you soo much girl for sharing. <33333 Just another testament to the goodness of our God. <3)

Felicity
        @felicity
          • Total Posts: 811

@lightoverdarkness6

Thank you so much for sharing that!!

Praise the Lord for his power! It is only through Jesus and His forgiveness and love that someone who has gone through all that could still turn around and forgive. The Lord will bring justice to that murderer. He says, “Vengeance is mine. I will repay.” The Lord calls us to forgive our enemies, and not harbor hate towards them. Through a human perspective that seems impossible to do, but this Grandfather’s testimony proves that Nothing is impossible with God.

Amen!! May the Lord continue to help this family as they grieve.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2794

@lightoverdarkness6

Wow, what a sweet but sad story. I’m glad God is guiding him through this. Again, thanks for sharing.

へびは かっこいい です!

Arien
            @arien
              • Total Posts: 193

@lightoverdarkness6

Our world is broken. That’s why these things happen. I am extremely sad for this family but joyful that they know Jesus and the salvation He offers. May He keep them in His perfect peace, because He works everything together for the good of those who love him (Romans 8: 28).

I will keep Athena’s family as well as the man who murdered her in prayer!

And don’t forget:

“For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angles nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8: 38-39

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
              -Christopher Blakewell

Ava Blue
              @ava-blue
                • Total Posts: 215

That’s so horrible, I’m sorry to hear it 😞 And right before Christmas too :'( I’ll absolutely be praying for that family. Her grandfather seems like such a strong person, I hope he’ll be able to comfort the girl’s parents with that wisdom.

that a northern wind
                would cool my skin
                and fill my lungs again

Light
                @lightoverdarkness6

@freedomwriter76

Absolutely beautiful. <333

It is ❤️❤️. I couldn’t believe it when I read that. That grandfather must be very strong in the spirit of righteousness.

My vision just got blurry for a minute…

Yes. Totally get you girl. And after that absolute amazing, precious, testimony of the grandfather, you see the picture of a very cute sweet little girl…who is now in Heaven. Definitely tear jerking 😭❤️😢.

Lord Jesus, continue to help the family. <333

Yes, Lord. Protect them and send your angels to comfort them…

(Thank you soo much girl for sharing. <33333 Just another testament to the goodness of our God. <3)

You are sooo welcome. Yes. How does Joshua say it? Gott ist gut. 😊❤️

@felicity

Thank you so much for sharing that!!

You are so welcome! Thank you for praying 🙏❤️😊.

Praise the Lord for his power! It is only through Jesus and His forgiveness and love that someone who has gone through all that could still turn around and forgive. The Lord will bring justice to that murderer. He says, “Vengeance is mine. I will repay.” The Lord calls us to forgive our enemies, and not harbor hate towards them. Through a human perspective that seems impossible to do, but this Grandfather’s testimony proves that Nothing is impossible with God.

Amen, girl! Thank you for sharing! We should use that grandfathers example whenever we find it hard to forgive someone. Hopefully we’ll never have to forgive anyone for something as horrible as that, but we know that it is not impossible.

Amen!! May the Lord continue to help this family as they grieve.

Yes! ❤️🙏

@mineralizedwritings

Wow, what a sweet but sad story.

Yes. So bittersweet and precious❤️💔😢😭.

I’m glad God is guiding him through this. Again, thanks for sharing.

Yes. Me too. You’re so welcome. ❤️😊🙏

@arien

Our world is broken. That’s why these things happen. I am extremely sad for this family but joyful that they know Jesus and the salvation He offers. May He keep them in His perfect peace, because He works everything together for the good of those who love him (Romans 8: 28).

Yes. I know! I was shocked when I read what the grandfather had written. I hope he will comfort her parents. He seems very strong in righteousness. That is such a good scripture❤️😊.

I will keep Athena’s family as well as the man who murdered her in prayer!

Thank you! I know they would appreciate it. And the murderer needs as many prayers as he can get 😬😢.

“For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angles nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8: 38-39

That’s an even better scripture😊❤️. Love it.

@ava-blue

That’s so horrible, I’m sorry to hear it 😞

Yes it is. Our world is horrible; but not all the people❤️.

And right before Christmas too :'(

Yes. The adversary tries hard to disrupt anything kind or spiritual; Christmas is the best time for kindness and love. And best of all, it’s when we celebrate Christ’s birth. But he won’t be able to disrupt us. If we are strong in the spirit and Christ as our rock, he won’t be able to. And then we can pull others out of the raging waters of the evil of the world up onto our rock. That’s what we’re doing now, praying for that family. Thank y’all again for praying y’all!!

I’ll absolutely be praying for that family. Her grandfather seems like such a strong person, I hope he’ll be able to comfort the girl’s parents with that wisdom.

Thank you! Yes, I’m sure he will😊❤️. And I’m sure Athena will help in some way or another 😇😇.

@everyone

Again, thank you so much for praying for this family!! I know that each of you will be blessed. And thank y’all for being such great friends, and welcoming me into your community. I love each of you and know that God does too. Have a great day!! ❤️😊🥰🙂😀

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                  @felicity

@lightoverdarkness6

Love ya too, girl!!!

Erica
                    @starofthenorth
                      • Total Posts: 199

@felicity @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @arien @anyone else I forgot

Just wanted to share a couple verses that really spoke to me:

Job 19:25-27

As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take HIs stand on the earth. Even after my skin is destroyed, yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, and Whom my eyes will see and not another.

1 Corinthians 15:56-57

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law, but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings
                        • Total Posts: 2794

@starofthenorth

Wow those are some great ones! Thanks for posting

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law, but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

That one’s got to be my favorite.

へびは かっこいい です!

Erica
                        @starofthenorth
                          • Total Posts: 199

@mineralizedwritings

That one’s got to be my favorite.

I know. I was reading 2 Corinthians 1 this morning and that verse was across the page. It just jumped out at me and I was like “Whoa. That one’s going on Kingdom Pen.”

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Felicity
                          @felicity

@starofthenorth

“The Word of God is alive, and active, and sharper than any two edged sword…”

Thanks for sharing those verses! Amen!

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6

@starofthenorth

Love those!! Thanks for sharing! A few mornings ago I was reading the scriptures, but I don’t remember exactly what chapter or title, but one of the scriptures was:

“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he be drowned in the depths of the sea.”

And it went on to say that little children are the purest souls, and we should liken ourselves to a little child.

I thought y’all might like it😅😊.

#HugRikerSquad

Arien
                              @arien
                                • Total Posts: 193

@lightoverdarkness6

I love your new tag. Amen! It reminds me of this quote from The Warden and the Wolf King by Andrew Peterson.

“We face the enemy with steady hearts, for Dawn has conquered Dark since the Maker spoke the world. The night is deep, but light runs deeper.”

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
                                -Christopher Blakewell

Light
                                @lightoverdarkness6

@arien

I love your new tag. Amen! It reminds me of this quote from The Warden and the Wolf King by Andrew Peterson.

Thank you! A wise friend said that once.

“We face the enemy with steady hearts, for Dawn has conquered Dark since the Maker spoke the world. The night is deep, but light runs deeper.”

I LOVE that quote!! The Florid Sword said that, right?  Andrew Peterson is a master storyteller. I love his books.

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Amen.

#HugRikerSquad

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >