Post Your Writing Dare Results Here!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Post Your Writing Dare Results Here!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@ethryndal *straightens tie* *coughs* Well, thank you very much.

@gretald
      Thanks!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Jess
      @jess
        • Total Posts: 575

@dragon-snapper I love it! 😀

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper

@winter-rose Thanks for the dare.

Write about someone who really likes cake but is afraid to tell his family because they are all extremely vegan.

They wouldn’t notice. It was in with the rest of my school supplies, courtesy of Jonathan, but how long would that courtesy last? If my parents found out that we had been smuggling, even at the school, then I’d be in for it.
          I crept up the stairs, trying to avoid the inevitable creak that passed with each step. The safety of my room wasn’t far now. Five steps.
          Four. …
          Three. …
          Two. …
          Creak.
          “Robert Snaider! You get down here this minute!”
          I winced, and glanced inside the backpack. It was safe, but not for long. Not if I didn’t act now.
          “Robert! Don’t make me come up there.”
          Yikes. That wouldn’t be good. I set the backpack down, making sure it was zipped, then went flying down the stairs. “Yes, Mom?”
          Tall and fit, she stood over the countertop, chopping the worst type of vegetable out there. Beets. The juice stained her hands, as well as the wooden cutting board. I covered a gag and reverted my gaze to her stern face.
          “You’re late. Two minutes and thirty-seven seconds late,” she snapped.
          “Blame the bus,” I said, grabbing power shake from the fridge. It was so sweet. Much better than those beets.
          Her knife went through the beet with more force than necessary. I jumped with the CRACK that resounded. “Don’t tell me to blame the bus! You were out with Jonathan again, weren’t you?”
          Uh oh. She couldn’t find out… but I couldn’t tell her!
          CRACK!
          “Yes, Mom.”
          “And what were you doing?”
          “Just talking. Nothing more, really!” I sipped at my drink. It suddenly didn’t seem that delicious.
          “Hmm. Fine. Go do your homework.”
          I shrugged, though it was stiff as a frozen garden-hose.
          CRACK!
          The red juice flew up and hit my face. “One more thing, Robert. About Jonathan, have you convinced him to be vegan yet? All that cake is going to kill him someday.”
          My feet stopped in the Nike shoes that Mom insisted I buy. “Ah,” I stuttered, “No…”
          “Huh. Well, you warn him about that.” CRACK! She glanced up from her work. “Well, what are you waiting for! Go do your homework!”
          I nodded and ran up the stairs. My backpack was still there. Into my hands, then my door was slammed shut and locked. The blinds and shutters were closed and a fork I put into my hands.
          There it was. On my desk. Covered in cloudy-white goodness. Inside was even more fluffy with loveable sweetness.
          Cake.
          I took another bite and opened my laptop. The screensaver popped up. “Join the Dark Side; we have cake.”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper

@daeus & @Gideon-sowdon
            Since we were discussing writing two different character from first person POV, I decided to combine Daeus’ dare with that challenge. What do you think?

Write a comedic tragedy featuring two twins centered around icecream.

My Ice Cream and Not Yours
            Ice cream lays on the other side of the white door.
            My brother, he sits next to me on my quilted blanket.
            It’s my ice cream, and he will not have it.

It’s all mine.
            I have the ice cream in my head, rolling around in my memory.
            It tastes good.
            My sister wants it too.
            She wants it all for herself.
            She can’t have it.

When it comes to ice cream, I’ll do anything.

I would clobber her for some of that ice cream.

I glance back at my brother.
            He stares at the door too.
            It was a magic door.
            On the other side was cold.
            On the other side was ice cream.

My sister doesn’t like me.
            She loves ice cream but she doesn’t like me.
            I’d have to do something about that.

He glares at me evilly and I stick out my tongue at him.
            He deserves it.
            Evil twin.

She taunted me!
            She stuck her tongue out at me!
            I don’t return it.
            My tongue-sticking-outing needs to be saved for ice cream.
            Instead, I shove her to the floor.

“AHH! MOMMY!”
            He shoved me.
            He’s in for it.
            Mommy comes in.

Mommy picks me up off the floor.
            “What did you that for?”
            I shrug.
            She started it.

I watch Mommy carry him out of the room.
            A few seconds later, screaming fills the house.
            I grin and move towards the fridge.
            My hands don’t reach the knobs.
            No ice cream?
            My screaming soon mingles with my brother’s.
            No ice cream today.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Hey, you were able to do it @dragon-snapper.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper

@kate-flournoy

Write about a colony of owls who decide to take over the town library.

“This has gone on long enough!” Sir Hu’s voice rang through the night. His beaked servants looked through the branches of the trees. “The humans’ wisdom is growing. It’s that library that they have. Books give them wisdom, so tells us our spy, Mr. Raven.”
                “Caw.” The black bird alighted on the branch next to Sir Hu.
                “Mm, yes. Thank you very much, Mr. Raven,” Sir Hu said. The night-birds flapped their wings in gratitude. “But beside that,” Sir Hu waved his wing out, pushing the raven off the edge of the branch, “I have decided that this treachery must end!”
                “Hoozzah!” called Barney, the barn owl. Several other cheers soon followed.
                “Tonight, we shall take the source of their all-powerful wisdom. We, as the Colony, shall rule the woods and the skies above it. What say you to that?”
                “Hoozzah! Hooray! Hoo! Hoo!” The calls rang out like those in an auditorium.
                “Mm, yes. That was my idea!” Sir Hu, said. “Now charge! To the library! For the Colony!”
                He flew off, the hundreds of owls taking after his lead.
                “Tonight, the humans lose the power of their strength.” Sir Hu placed his determined yellow eyes on the small building beneath him. There was no chimney. “That could be problematic,” he sighed.

The janitor yawned and checked his watch. His eyes bugged out. “Midnight!” Then he shrugged. It was time he finished anyway, and that forest was giving him the creeps. He hung up his mop then waltzed out of the auto-doors. It didn’t occur to them that he was supposed to lock them.

“Mm, yes, that’s interesting.” Sir Hu watched the janitor drive off. “Alright, you of the Colony! That door opens by itself. Charge…again!”
                They flew to the door, which opened for them. The red carpet on the floor held no sign of dirt, but when they passed through, it held every sign of feathers. The desks were empty, and chairs vacant. But books, they were everywhere.
                “Hoo! We did it!” Sir Hu called, and the owls cheered. “Now, look within the pages for the source of wisdom. It is here somewhere!”
                Each of the owls grabbed a book, flipping through the pages. Sir Hu surveyed the Colony with his nocturnal vision. They seemed…confused. “Faster!” he called.
                Something rustled behind him. Sir Hu turned, and there next to him was Barney. “Mm, yes, what is it?”
                “Well, we’ve come across a problem, sir.” The owl scratched his head. “You see, we can’t really read.”

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper

@daeus YAY!
                  I was actually stuck with that dare at first, but I found a way around it.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 3976

@Dragon-Snapper lol! I love it! Poor owls… that wasn’t too well thought out, was it? 😛

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 77

@dragon-snapper Ahhhh I love the vegan/cake one so much xD The mom is hilarious xD
                      And the ice cream one is so cute and funny! xD
                      Have you gotten over your, uh, style block yet, then?

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1486

@dragon-snapper I agree with Robert, beets are the worst. Wonderful job! 🙂 I laughed at the end it was so awesome.

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper

@winter-rose @aysia-serene Thanks! Yeah, the CRACK and the beets were really fun to do. The mom was great to write. Watch out for that cake. 😀
                          And yes, I’m getting over it. I’m starting to like my style again.

To anyone concerned, STYLE BLOCK, my new writing term, means that a writer does not like their writing style anymore (or cannot write with a good style) I know I probably could’ve fixed that by reading…A LOT of books. *sigh* But I don’t want to. 😛

@kate-flournoy
                          Thanks! I kinda feel bad for those owls.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >