Poem Tag Renewal Idea?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Poetry Poem Tag Renewal Idea?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
    @william-starkey
      • Total Posts: 634

@michelle @shannoncv @selah-chelyah @gh24682468999 @jenwriter17 @emma-starr @dekreel  @dragon-snapper

Hullo again from what’shisname Francis! I had an idea recently to open up this old idea in the before-times of KP, where you tag certain people to write a poem based on a comical topic. This idea is similar, but different. How about we tag people to write poems displaying, describing, or praising God? We could describe a particular perfection (…characteristic, attribute, you know what I mean) of God such as His righteousness or infiniteness. Or His lovingkindness and compassion. Or His justness; those kinds of things, yeah? Good idea?

Grace H.
      @gh24682468999
        • Total Posts: 199

@leon-fleming This sounds like a great idea!

You’ve been tagging me in a lot of poetry-related things, haha… but I’m not sure I would consider myself a poet, except perhaps in the long-rambly free verse genre.

I think for this thread, I would caution that we check our hearts before writing, so that we’re genuinely glorifying God and not trying to write for the ‘audience’ that’s going to be reading whatever we come up with. But yeah, apart from that, let’s go for it!

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
        literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 40

@leon-fleming Thank you for tagging me…however, similar too the other topic you tagged me in, I just don’t have time. This is a lovely idea and I hope you’ll get some other people who do have time for it!

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
          @william-starkey
            • Total Posts: 634

@gh24682468999 Thanks!

Hey, that’s okay; I write a bunch of long, rambling free verse, too. Though I usually stay at least within some sort of syllable-per-line principal. Sometimes I’ll go all out like Whitman.

Yes, that is very true, and also is something that we must do. We are here to praise and glorify our God through our poetry here, and I don’t see a better way than describing Him in all aspects. 🙂

@shannoncv Cool, that’s okay; poetry can be written when it can be written.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >