Personality Types and Love Languages

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Personality Types and Love Languages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Hey y’all! I don’t know about y’all, but have any of you discovered your character(s) Personality Type and/or Love Language? I’ve recently started doing that. XD And interestingly, it’s been both helpful and fun to do! 😀

Anyways, y’all are free to share your character(s) personality type, love language, anything like that!

For mine, I only have a few so far, but expect me to come back, lol. XD

Leon is a ESTJ-A (Assertive Executive) I haven’t taken the love language quiz for him yet though. XD

And Riker is a ISFJ-T (Turbulent Defender) and has the Love Language of Physical Touch. Which makes sense both in how he’s always holding his wife and kids AND for people who have that love language, things like neglect and abuse are very destructive, which…*cough cough* makes total sense for him. Don’t know how that happened. XD

@gracie-j
      . @joy-caroline. @lrose5. @ava-blue. @koshka. @elishavet-pidyon. @keilah-h. @anyone-else-I-forgot-lol. @anyone-else-who-wants-to-join-in.

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1014

@freedomwriter76

Oh! I love personality types. I don’t have a bunch of mine lined out – in fact, I think I only have one. I need to fix that.

For now, however, here’s the one.

Viktor Mynclais is the adopted son of a farmer and the main protagonist in my second WIP. I don’t know what his love language is, (although I have a few ideas) but his personality type is INFJ-T.

I love this personality so much now, after reading a few books in which a main side character had it. Plus, Viktor’s story makes a lot more sense when his personality is considered.

And Reúven may have the same personality, come to think of it, but I’ve yet to check.

Wow! That does make sense for Riker. Poor fellow.

Please look into Leon’s! I want to know!!! 😉

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1427

@freedomwriter76

Poor Riker. That does make a lot of sense though.

Yeah, I’m definitely one of those authors with random research. I know the personalities for all my MCs, and one of my SCs too.

Hearts of Gold

Zlatan is ISFJ-T, or a turbulent defender. His love language is acts of service, which often manifests in close attention.

Vulkasin is ENFJ-A, or an assertive protagonist. His love language is time with little value at all on words.

Walls of Stone

Daithí is INTJ-T, or a turbulent architect. I don’t know his love language… it’s been difficult to figure with a personality that constantly hides emotion.

Wilkins is ENFP-T, or a turbulent campaigner. (LL unknown, but maybe time or service)

Seas of Fury

Mikkel is INFJ-T, or a turbulent advocate. (LL unknown).

Cécile is INFJ-A, so an assertive advocate. (LL unknown)

And now for Annia, my favorite SC! She is ESFP-T, so a turbulent entertainer, which by the way is the same personality as Peregrine Took from LotR (which I think is awesome, especially as I’m the same personality as the book version of Frodo). Her love language is either time or touch. She is also quite protective of anyone she loves, or any place she is particularly fond of.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. Ooh! Viktor sounds pretty cool! 😀

And yes, makes total sense. *sobs*

Haha. I do need to figure out Leon’s LL. XD

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@freedomwriter76

OOH AWESOME DISCUSSION TOPIC!! I may or may not be more than slightly obsessed with MBTI personality types and love languages. XD

Russell is a ISFJ-T (Turbulent Defender), and his love language is Physical Touch. Even before I took the love language quiz for him, I noticed that in each of his scenes with Eliza, he’s always touching her in some way – hugs, kisses, arm around her, rocking her, smoothing her braids, holding her hand, etc. Then when I took the love language quiz for him and found out that his love language is Physical Touch, I thought it was so cool! It really makes sense for him in how he interacts with Eliza and shows her affection.

Eliza is a ENFJ-T (Turbulent Protagonist), and her love language is Words of Affirmation. This makes sense because I’ve noticed that in her scenes with Russell, she mostly expresses affection by saying I love you, or telling him he’s her hero (adorable daughter XD), or other such things.

Anonymous

@joy-caroline. OHHH…GIRL…You keep making me LOVE THEM MORE AND MORE EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! 😍😍😍

And thank you! I was hoping it would be a fun discussion! 😜

Ava Blue
                @ava-blue
                  • Total Posts: 216

OOOO did someone say PERSONALITY TYPES?!

My beloved MC Bronwen is an INTJ-T (turbulent architect). She has a tough outer shell and she can take a lot before she finally snaps. He greatest and most well-kept secret is that she is secretly a cinnamon bun 🤫 All 3 of her friends are feelers, so she’s the voice of reason. However, she can be very hard on others. @koshka I’m having the same problem figuring out her love language! She’s so reserved and stoic all the time that it can be tricky to tell. I’m gonna guess quality time or words of affirmation, because if she doesn’t like someone she will be wasting no breath or time on them lol

(A character you guys haven’t met yet! I’ve got a million) Ilwyn is an INFP-T (turbulent mediator) and his love language is definitely words of affirmation. He’s such a baby, I put him through far more than he deserves 😭💖 His dad wasn’t abusive or anything, but he had very high standards and Ilwyn always felt like a disappointment. His mom wasn’t very emotionally supportive either, oof. (yes all my characters have mommy/daddy issues)

Muri is an ISTP and, like Bronwen, is allergic to emotions. She’s very practical, and I would imagine that her love language would be acts of service.

I’ve gotta sleep now 😢 but I’ll see y’all tomorrow!

that a northern wind
                  would cool my skin
                  and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. I sure did! 😉

EPIC! Haha, I love the characters with tough outer shells but are actually sweethearts on the inside. 🤩

And POOR ILWYN!!!! 😭 And I get you. Many of my characters have mommy/daddy issues too. 😣

Anonymous

@koshka. Ugh, sorry girl, I thought I had already responded to you, oof. 🤦‍♀️

All of your characters sound so EPIC!!! 🤩 And Mikkel….makes sense, lol. 😂 He’s the only one I’ve gotten to know the most, and his personality type makes total sense. 😅😁

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1427

@freedomwriter76

You’re fine! =)

At first I didn’t know if it fit, but I just found out my sister is an Advocate. It makes sense now.

@ava-blue

I know! It’s a tad frustrating at times.

I think Daithí’s acts of service, because if he loves you, he’ll do anything for you. He doesn’t trust words anymore, and he’s very prickly.

But I’ll probably have to write half the book before I get him figured out.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Yeah! Sometimes we look at it and we’re like: That doesn’t seem like it would fit or make any sense! I felt that way about Leon, then I read the Executive type, and I was like: Heh. Never mind. That’s Leon. XD Riker’s though….as soon as I read it I was like: Yep. That’s Riker all right. Lol. XD

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. @koshka. @joy-caroline. @ava-blue I took the LL quiz for Leon! His love language is Receiving Gifts, and only three percent behind is Acts of Service. 😀

The least for him is Words of Affirmation, followed by Physical Touch, and Quality Time is the third most. 😉

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 1379

@freedomwriter76

I’M SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE LOVES THEM AS MUCH AS I DO. 🥰

Also, isn’t it interesting how Riker and Russell have the same MBTI type and love language? XD

Anonymous

@joy-caroline. Of course! They’re both so sweet!!!! Eliza and Russell…I need you. Right now. 😂🥰

😦

I didn’t realize that! 😂 That is SOOO FUNNY! 🤣🤣🤣 He and Riker would probably get along! 🤩 Riker really struggles with a lot of shame and guilt, so having someone like Russell around would probably help him out. 😉 Plus, Eliza and Naja? They would be such good friends! 😀

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. @koshka. @joy-caroline.

Two more characters. 😉

Aadelheide: ENFP-A (Assertive Campaigner) with the LL of Acts of Service, followed by Physical Touch

Ezra: ESFJ-T (Turbulent Consul) with the LL of Quality Time, followed by Words of Affirmation @koshka, does this make sense for him at ALL? XD His personality type…in some ways does, other than he is most definitely NOT a people pleaser. He doesn’t care a wit what other people think, lol. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >