Not sure if I should add an idea to my book

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Not sure if I should add an idea to my book

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Morgan
    @morgan
      • Total Posts: 51

@seekjustice Thanks for the advice and reminding me that even if I did ruin it, I could always fix it later. 🙂

Some people fail; others learn what not to try.

Lydia S.
      @lydia-s
        • Total Posts: 399

@morgan

I think it sounds like you could totally pull it off! It would add another element to the story as the siblings’ bond will be tested by an addition to the family. Also, depending on your storyline, you have an opportunity to have scenes where the twins get mistaken for each other, which, in my humble opinion, would be a ton of fun to write. 🙂 So, I say, go for it! As SeekJustice said, the worst thing that can happen is that you’d have to go through and edit/rewrite part of or the whole novel, and neither consequence is really a bad thing. In my experience (I’m the third draft of my main WIP.), the manuscript only gets better with rewrites.

*realizes I went off on a tangent*

Anyway, if the pros outweigh the cons, go for it! We’ll be cheering you on. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Lydia S..
        Morgan
        @morgan
          • Total Posts: 51

@lydia-s Thanks for the advice and encouragement! The triplets and single child already get mistaken for each other a lot, but a real identical twin would definitely make it more fun! The more I come up with answers to my concerns, the more I realize that I should probably just do it and see what happens. Like some of you have said, the worst that can happen is that I have to redo something.

Some people fail; others learn what not to try.

Lydia S.
          @lydia-s
            • Total Posts: 399

@morgan

Yes, of course!

Oh, how fun! I bet that makes for some pretty awesome scenes. 😉

Awesome! I hope it goes well for you! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >