New writer needs advice!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE New writer needs advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hullofellowhumans
    @hullofellowhumans
      • Total Posts: 26

Does anybody have good writers’ advice? I am writing my first short story and I have some good ideas (At least I think they are good XD). I have written two screenplays before and a silly story I wrote awhile ago, that was basically nothing and me having fun lol

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@hullofellowhumans. Are you looking for any particular advice? Or just General Writing advice? I haven’t been writing for a VERY long time. (Two years, perhaps?) I would have to say my strengths are in Characters and Message. Any specific questions you have about writing? (I’ll try to answer!) 😀

Hullofellowhumans
        @hullofellowhumans
          • Total Posts: 26

Hmmm, is it better to have an outline, or just write with a general idea of where you’re going? Any advice would be much apritioated!

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@hullofellowhumans. It really depends on the person. But for me, a small, brief outline helps me know where I’m going. Your outline doesn’t have to be big, but I would recommend a small outline just to know where you’re going. But if you stray a bit from the outline, that’s okay! Sometimes I stray from my outlines, and it often leads to a better story. 😀

Hope that helped a little. I’ll try to think of some other advice I can think of. I would say I’m best at giving advice on writing Character struggles and writing backstories. Those are most definitely my writer strengths. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >