New WIP idea!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Sci-Fi New WIP idea!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    @starofthenorth
      • Total Posts: 199

Hey there!

Awhile ago I had to write a paper for school, and I decided to write about black holes. I got an idea for a plot . . .

So two boys, Jaedyn and his brother (who needs a name, probably either Rylan or Kardon or maybe something else), their sister Zona and her boyfriend Dylan, get somehow sucked inside a black hole. I need to figure out how.

Obviously, if people got sucked into a black hole, they would reach the point of absolute density and die. But that isn’t what happens in this book.

There’s actually many people inside the black hole and they need to figure out how to escape.

So do you have any ideas?

@sarafini @folith-feolin @madelyn @lightoverdarkness6 @diving-into-the-future @others

Tag anyone else you know is interested in sci-fi!

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Erica
      @starofthenorth

Also if any of you have an idea for a title . . .

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2581

Ooh, this sounds fun… You know, you could also incorporate worm holes. That could have something to do with how they escape. And maybe some rogue planets end up in there too.

And for a title, umm… I’ll think about it 😉

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Erica
          @starofthenorth

@whalekeeper

I haven’t read much about worm holes but that would be cool!

You know, there’d be quite a lot of stuff inside a black hole . . . spaceships . . . rocks . . . planets . . . stars . . . etc. . . .

I’m still in the very early stages and I probably won’t write it for a while. But it’s fun to think about.

Power
            @power
              • Total Posts: 292

@starofthenorth

Black holes are quite interesting. Theoretically, since they suck in light, they also mess with time. Supposably, the closer you get to one, time itself slows down. So, whereas a person in normal time would have experienced 10 seconds, someone close to a black hole may have only experience 7 seconds. I don’t know what would happen if you were on a black hole (and lived). Perhap, you would experience no time. Sounds like a neat way to time travel if you ask me.

In the Lawless series by Jeffrey Salane (Amazing story plots and ideas, but I wouldn’t recommend the books.) if you bang a moon rock against a meteor rock (on earth?) you create a black hole.

You will love what you spend time with.

Erica
              @starofthenorth

@power

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!

You’re right about black holes stopping time! Which is kind of hard to fathom . . . I read, that if a space ship sends one person toward a black hole, time would stop for that person but keep on going for the others in the space ship. I’m glad I’m not that poor person . . . 😯

Yes, a neat way to travel indeed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >