New Story Idea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brianne
    @spinner4him
      • Total Posts: 34

@esther-c @hybridlore @smiley @savannah_grace2009 @thearcaneaxiom @acancello @kyronthearcanin @kydonandwillow @rae @trailblazer

Hello! I know I recently posted on my WIP, but here is the blurb for another story idea that I got from reading the first paragraph of one of my sisters’ stories. I haven’t written much, but it looks like it’ll turn out to be only a novella, maybe even a short story (preferably the latter).

Anyway, here’s the blurb:

Sophie has lived her whole life as an orphan, going from one place to another, never with a place to call home. Now, at fourteen years old, she’s a slave in an orphan work camp, destined to live for the rest of her life as just another numbered machine, meaning nothing to nobody.

But then one day, everything changes. Three new people are brought to the camp—and among them, a boy. But not an ordinary boy. Sophie can tell he’s… different, somehow. He doesn’t have the defeated, hopeless look that most kids brought to the camp do. In his eyes is an emotion Sophie has felt all her life, but never had the courage to express—defiance.

As Sophie gets to know this boy better, she realizes that she needs to stand up for what’s right. And as this revelation takes her deeper into records of her own unknown past, she finds out an interesting and shocking secret—one that could change her life forever.

Suggestions welcome!

“You’re heavier than you look.”
      “It’s all brains and muscle.”

KydonAndWillow
      @kydonandwillow
        • Total Posts: 39

That sounds really good!

Sara
        @savannah_grace2009
          • Total Posts: 1979

@spinner4him

Oh my goodness, I love that! if you post any of it on KP, please tag me, I would love to read that!

Lukas&Livia
          #Lalbert
          Sef&Chase
          #HOTTOLINE
          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3202

@spinner4him

I love the theme and the story idea!! The only thing I’d be careful about is making the plot cliched. Some cliches aren’t bad it’s just something to look out for, especially on this story idea. But I also don’t know how you’re planning to go about writing it, or the actual details of the plot. Anyway, if you post anything about it on here, be sure to tag me, I’d love to read it!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Brianne
            @spinner4him
              • Total Posts: 34

@savannah_grace2009 @esther-c
              Alright I’ll be sure to tag both of y’all!

“You’re heavier than you look.”
              “It’s all brains and muscle.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >