New name, new me!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE New name, new me!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 110

@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @soleilnaia @devastate-lasting (Lin I have no idea if you will read this but can you ask me your pineapple on pizza question again, just for old times’ sake) @rose-everdeen @avacoulter @everyone @why-am-i-forgetting-so-many-peoples-tags

Hey everyone (again)! So, I’ve made a new account on the forum and deleted the old one because I now have a new pen name. I’m now Joy Calle Martinez, and my new username is @joy-calle, so I just wanted to let ya know because tagging me @joy-caroline won’t work anymore.

Thus, I’m starting out as a bumbling henchman once more. Wonder how long it’ll take me to work my way back up to eccentric mentor? XD I’m actually hoping to become more active on KP with this new account… gonna try to make it a point to interact at least once per week. It’s been busy lately, with school and work and writing, but I want to make more of an effort to interact again because I miss chatting with everyone.

So . . . how’s everyone been? 😀

And for those of you who don’t know me: I’m Joy, a teenage Seventh-day Adventist Christian and scribe of historical fiction and biblical fiction. I love Jesus, St. Paul, the family of Christ, theology, and tiramisu. My passion is bringing hope and light into the world through fictional tales, and my stories feature ordinary people with extraordinary faith in God. I can often be found daydreaming, overanalyzing books and movies, and jamming to contemporary worship music. Yes I copied this from my professional author bio but if I didn’t, my introduction would just be a rambling mess

Currently, I’m working on Where Faith Remains, a post-Vietnam era Christian his-fic starring a war veteran and his adopted daughter. It’s all about how their love for each other changes the world, and it’s super tender and emotional. *cries thinking about my characters*

What is everyone else currently working on?

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 692

@joy-calle

Hello again Joy. You may have seen me around. 😏 I’m Sara (aka Sarafini), writer of contemporary, thrillers and Sci-fi, all Christian fiction, big fan of AIO (Adventures in Odyssey) and I’ve actually written quite a few (most unfinished 🤭) AIO fan fiction scripts.

Here, I’ll ask you the pizza question (🤭😏): Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay?

Now for my questions:

1. How many WIPs do you have?
        2. Have you been published? If so how many books/stories
        3. What’s your most recent WIP about?
        4. What kind of schooling did you/have you/are you in? For example in grade school: Homeschool, public/private or online? College: Online or in person and which college are you taking classes in?
        5. Dream job?

Sorry about all the questions. I’m just very curious and wanted to ask more than 3. 😜

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@joy-calle. JOY!!!!!!! I’ve missed you sooo much!!!! 💕💕💕 *hugs you tight*

And it’s okay, girl, I totally understand being busy. I’m in High School now…😬 It takes up a lot more time than Middle School did, I’ll tell you that. 😅😂

I’ve missed chatting with you SO MUCH!!! Welcome back!!! 💖😊

I’ve been doing well! I’m still working on my WIP with Leon/Riker (it’s at 77 pages, makes me SOOO happy!!! 💕💕💕💕) and a newer WIP that you may or may not have heard of about Five Jewish brothers during WWII that have been deemed as “The Boys”. 😂 Those are my 2 main WIP’s…but I have many, as you know. 🤣

How have you been, other than busy? 😉

And…

HOW ARE RUSSELL AND ELIZA!? I SIMPLY MUST KNOW!!!!! 😭💖

Elizabeth
          @lewilliams
            • Total Posts: 252

@joy-calle Hey Joy! Welcome back!! Love the new pen name—it certainly suits you!

Your WIP sounds so cool!! I’m super pumped to hear more about it. Also, if you don’t mind me asking, where or what do you do for work?

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous

@sarafini

Hi, Sara! Ooh, I love Christian sci-fi! Can you tell me about one of your WIPs?

Haha, that pizza question is classic. Yay pineapple for me!

1. So I’m the type of writer who only works on one story at a time (it seems to me we’re a rare breed nowadays XD). However, my novel Where Faith Remains is the first in a Christian family saga, which currently numbers *cough* twenty books *cough*. Though some are short stories/novellas, and I’m also hoping I can combine some so there’s not quite so many. I also have a biblical fiction series about St. Paul and his sister which I love, and I hope to write and publish the first book probably in 2025 or 2026, or whenever the Lord impresses me to share it.

2. I haven’t been published yet, but Where Faith Remains is scheduled to release this April, Lord willing!

3. Here’s the blurb for WFR!

1968: Though severely depressed and haunted by the demons that attack him day and night, amputee Russell Campbell has the will to live for one little girl who needs him: Eliza, the orphaned baby of a fallen comrade. When he adopts Eliza as his daughter, a miracle happens—he experiences the love he never thought possible. Through little Eliza, the only person to ever love him unconditionally, the Lord begins to heal his heart, although the demons don’t go away.

1975: Seven-year-old Eliza Campbell has everything, because to her, her adoptive father is everything. She loves him more than anything in the world—the man whose tender heart and gentle hand guide her in Christ. Eliza knows she and her papa don’t belong anywhere, except with each other. Others think they make an odd pair—a little black girl and a white Vietnam War veteran with battle scars both seen and unseen.

Russell has always taught Eliza that Jesus brings healing, but then tragedy strikes. Eliza’s earth is shattered, for her worst fear may just come true: a scary diagnosis might tear her father away from her forever. Why would Jesus let this happen, if He really loves and cares for them as Russell says He does? Is He really to be trusted? Or is it possible that the darkness can be a place where faith remains?

4. I’m a senior in high school, and I attend a private Christian academy which is K-12.

5. My dream job is to be a teacher! I plan to do secondary education with an emphasis on religious studies (so I can teach high school Bible) and also elementary education. Later on I’d love to be a principal.

No problem! We love lots of questions around these here parts. ; )

Anonymous

@freedomwriter76 *hugs you back* I’ve missed you too girl!!! <33

Ah, good luck in high school! In my experience, there’s more work the further along you get, but you’ll do awesome as long as you don’t. procrastinate. Trust me on this pleaseeee and just study for tests and do your homework asap 😅 I totally always did this

I’ve missed chatting with you too!! I’m excited to join in on the conversations again!

AHHHHH RIKERRRRR!!!! *squeals* GIRL THAT’S AWESOME! You’re doing amazing!! And that WIP sounds precious. (Yeah, you have more WIPs than I have books in my entire family saga. XD)

I’ve been terrific! God is faithful and so life is good.

I was about to say they’re doing great, but then I realized that wouldn’t exactly be true. 😭 They’re fiiiine. Everything’s fiiiine. Russell continues to have so much faith and love for others that it still amazes me . . . honestly, I don’t know how he does it with everything he’s going through. He doesn’t deserve all this pain. *cries* As for Eliza, she’s struggling with God a lot (as she has been for the last 100 pages), trying so desperately to reconcile what Russell has taught her of His love with the fact that He allowed her father to have cancer. Also, Eliza’s friend Kimbel is such a ray of hope and light and I’m just in love with their innocence and their adorable interactions. 🥺 Also also, I’m currently about to write a part of the story I’ve been so excited to write for a long time. A new character is about to step in, and I love her for the way she loves Russell and Eliza. *cries because my babies deserve more people to be kind to them*

Anonymous

@lewilliams Hi Elizabeth! I haven’t seen you around in a while! How’ve you been?

Thank you! I’m excited to be back.

Aw, thank you so much! It’s very much the project of my heart.

So I actually work at school, haha. When we have home volleyball/basketball games I run the scoreboard and the clock. It’s super chill but it also means I get home very late on those nights.

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 8156

@joy-calle.

*hugs you back* I’ve missed you too girl!!! <33

*hugs you tighter* I’m SOOO happy you’re back!!! 💕💕💕💕

Ah, good luck in high school! In my experience, there’s more work the further along you get, but you’ll do awesome as long as you don’t. procrastinate. Trust me on this pleaseeee and just study for tests and do your homework asap 😅

Yeah…it hasn’t been too bad, thank goodness! 🤣💖 Thankfully, homeschooling makes it easier to get stuff done! 😅😂

I’ve missed chatting with you too!! I’m excited to join in on the conversations again!

YAY!!! I can’t wait till I talk to you a WHOLE LOT more!!! 😊

AHHHHH RIKERRRRR!!!! *squeals* GIRL THAT’S AWESOME! You’re doing amazing!! And that WIP sounds precious. (Yeah, you have more WIPs than I have books in my entire family saga. XD)

I’M SO HAPPY WITH HOW MUCH YOU LOVE RIKER!!!! *squeals* THANK YOU SO MUCH, GIRL!!!!! 💕💕💕💕💕 Oh, yes, The Boys are A M A Z I N G!!!! 😍😍😍😍 (Haha, you know it!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣)

I’ve been terrific! God is faithful and so life is good.

Glad to hear it, and Amen to that, sister! 💕💕💕

I was about to say they’re doing great, but then I realized that wouldn’t exactly be true. 😭 They’re fiiiine. Everything’s fiiiine. Russell continues to have so much faith and love for others that it still amazes me . . . honestly, I don’t know how he does it with everything he’s going through. He doesn’t deserve all this pain. *cries* As for Eliza, she’s struggling with God a lot (as she has been for the last 100 pages), trying so desperately to reconcile what Russell has taught her of His love with the fact that He allowed her father to have cancer. Also, Eliza’s friend Kimbel is such a ray of hope and light and I’m just in love with their innocence and their adorable interactions. 🥺 Also also, I’m currently about to write a part of the story I’ve been so excited to write for a long time. A new character is about to step in, and I love her for the way she loves Russell and Eliza. *cries because my babies deserve more people to be kind to them*

Awww…poor Russell and Eliza….*cries with you*😭😭😭😭😭😭

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3213

@joy-calle

Hello, Joy!! Welcome back!!

If you haven’t met me yet, I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur Christian writer!!

I can’t think of any questions to ask you right now (🤦🏻‍♀️), but I can’t wait to chat with you more!

See ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon
                        • Total Posts: 1013

@joy-calle

Hullo, I think I’ve met you before!

It’s good to have you back. XD It’s been a while since we’ve chatted about books, theology in books, theology of books, theology of life….

Anyway, I’m doing fine! A little busy and struggling with that old villain Procrastination. I totally win every fight. That’s why I’m sitting next to my Bible Quizzing material and looking at my phone instead of the verses.

(Speaking of BQ! We’re doing the epistles of Paul written while he was in prison. I’m so excited!!)

As for my books, they are coming along. I’m hoping start drafting the first part of Heir of Ashes this month, (my non allegorical WIP) as well as the first book in my allegorical series this year. There’s a lot of work still to be done in the latter, but it’ll get there.

So, questions! (Because you are such a newbie.)

1. What is your favorite kind of tiramisú?
                        2. Favorite ancient language?
                        3. What time period of clothing do you wish would come back. (Or don’t XD)
                        4. Who is this new character? Or is it a spoiler? (I have a few new characters myself. Speaking of which…

*Freezes and glances behind me*

Excuse me…

…PERCY AETHELING, PUT THAT BACK!!!

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12
                          • Total Posts: 6645

@joy-calle JOOOY!! HIII!!

I don’t Uhh usually (AKA ever XD) come to “new ppl” or introduction posts but I had to say hi!!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

soleilnaia
                          @soleilnaia
                            • Total Posts: 32

Hey Joy! It’s awesome to hear from you! And you ain’t never lie: school do be a lot sometimes. (Case in point: You said, “What is everyone else currently working on?” and the first thing that shot into my head was, “Surviving college,” but I’m pretty sure that’s not what you meant.😅)

The real answer: I’m working on a poem about the bowl I found in my grandma’s bathroom filled with the severed heads of roses.

Question: What’s your favorite type of pen/writing utensil? 

PS Thank you for coaxing me to join this forum. Your advertisements are far better than YouTube ads, and this is a sweet little community 🙂

Anonymous

@esther-c

Hi, Esther! Thank you! 💙

Can’t wait to chat more, too! And btw, I love your forum signature.

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon

Ah, yes! I sorely miss our long conversations about all things theology. XD I’m glad you’re doing well! I totally relate on the procrastination thing. I tend to do that with my AP Bio studying, but I’m making an effort to stop. It is tough, though. . . .

(Oooh! That’s so cool!)

Glad to hear your writing is also doing well! AHHH YOUR ALLEGORICAL SERIES! WE MUST RESUME OUR ALLEGORICAL DISCUSSIONS SOMETIME. Fun fact: I actually have an allegorical fantasy idea but it’s very vague and I don’t think I’ll be writing it anyway until I’m like, thirty. XD Mainly because I don’t think I’m equipped enough to write it now.

Yes. Such a newbie. *flips hair*

1. I’ll take anything, girl.

2. Greek! It’s actually pretty similar to English (I know because I once tried to learn it on Duolingo XD XD), I love how it sounds, and the letters are so pretty.

3. VICTORIAN!!!!!!!!

4. It isn’t a spoiler, so I can tell you a bit about her! Her name is Hilary Lemasters, she’s in her late fifties, and she has a painful backstory (because which of my characters doesn’t?) and a connection to a certain evil character who never actually appears on-page. (Does anyone else ever have non-appearing evil characters?) Said connection is she’s married to him. 😶 Of course, that gives you a hint as to the painful backstory: Her husband cares nothing for her, she’s estranged from her son, and her only friend passed away. But she’s kind and compassionate and has great faith in God, and when she learns about Russell and Eliza and their hardship with Russell’s cancer, she pledges to herself that she’ll help them however she can. Not out of a feeling of obligation or even calling, but just because seeing them together on one occasion moved her deeply. She cares for Russell while he’s sick and loves him like a son, and I just adore her relationship with both of them. She’s one of the only few characters who shows them kindness.

(And now I want to hear about this Percy Aetheling!)

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12

HIII!! *waves excitedly*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >