New KPer here, need help!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions New KPer here, need help!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Little Brown Dog
    @howlingwolf
      • Total Posts: 63

Little Brown Dog againxP

I’m needing a cool like subtitle for my book Rising Phoenix: Never give up hope . I’m Nanowrimo -ing it and desperately need to get motivatedxP So cool subtitle ideas or Nano encouragement from other more awesome-er writers needed here!!!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 40

Is your whole title “Rising Phoenix: Never Give Up Hope”?

Little Brown Dog
        @howlingwolf

It’s /hopefully/ going to be a series. the series title is Rising Phoenix. The first book is Never Give Up Hope

Anonymous

*forewarning – this post gets very wordy and it was completely unintentional*

I too am participating in NANOWRIMO, along with a friend. Although, my friend and I have tweaked the rules and renamed it, “Sit Your Butt in the Chair and Write Month”. Both of our schedules can’t fully handle the 50,000 words in one month (sorry, but life demands me), so we made it into something that we can handle while still pushing ourselves further then we’d like.

Anyway, that was backstory that you really didn’t need but I felt compelled to share anyway.

My NANOWRIMO advice is this: always keep writing. In order to meet the 50,000 goal you need to write about a 1,500 words a day in order to meet that goal. You cannot afford to stop writing.

My mind can’t focus on writing chapters and scenes in order. I have to skip from chapter three to chapter twenty-seven, then back to chapter fifteen. I can’t focus on one thing for more than three minutes, it’s a daily struggle. But, anyway, my goal is to just keep writing. No matter where it goes in my novel (or if I’ll keep it in the end revision of the manuscript anyway) doesn’t matter. The fact that I keep writing is what’s important.

That’s my advice: keep writing and don’t stop. Ever.

Little Brown Dog
            @howlingwolf

Thank you @natalee! I’m fighting very hard to meet my daily word countxP at about 590 for the day so far…..

Anonymous

Also, about your title. Do you /need/ a subtitle?

Little Brown Dog
                @howlingwolf

No… But i kinda want one… Even if it’s only to keep me interestedxP

Anonymous

Oh, by the way, I forgot to greet you. Hello, my name is Natalee Jensen – author in the making. Pleased to meet your acquaintance. Forgive me for being so rude.

Well, take a look at your story and what you want to glean from the story. Take that underlying message that you want to include throughout the novel and somehow craft it into three to fifteen words (although fifteen is getting a little wordy) and perhaps that would work out as a subtitle.

Little Brown Dog
                    @howlingwolf

Glad to meet you as well Natalee Jensen! My Writing Assistant is still insisting i introduce myself as the Little Brown Dog, and she offers her paw in a greeting hand-shake.

Ok, gracis:)

Can i post like a excerpt on the forum for people to give feedback on? Sorry, I’m new to KP:)

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

Yes, you can. Go to the forum called ‘novel ideas’ and create yourself a topic there.

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

Actually @howlingwolf you should post your excerpt for critique under Novels > Novel Critique.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

Oops— my bad.

But isn’t that IN the forum called Novel Ideas?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >