NaNoWriMo!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3221

@freedomwriter76 @highscribeofaetherium @hybridlore @grcr @savannah_grace2009 @sarafini @smiley @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @rae @acancello @keilah-h @whalekeeper @anyone-I-missed-or-anyone-interested!

Hey everyone!

November will be here before we know it, so I was wondering if anyone is planning to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. (NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month) It’s basically where you write the first draft of a 50,000 word novel in one month. I’ve been thinking about doing it, but I’m not sure yet. It would help a ton though if I was able to do it with a community.

So let me know if you’re doing it or not. It’s very likely that I will, just not entirely sure yet. 😉

This is the topic where we can talk about the novels we are planning to write for NaNoWriMo and when November does come, we can keep each other accountable on here and check in with each other.

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@esther-c

Thanks for the tag! I’m really busy with school rn, so I can’t say for sure. I think I’ll be a little more on top of it by then though…

I’d love to participate and chat about it here in this group! I won’t have any goal near 50k lol, so I’ll just write with you guys. Also I don’t do the official nanowrimo because I’ve heard some concerns about their focus being off… I don’t know enough about it to say though.

へびは かっこいい です!

-GRCR-
        @grcr
          • Total Posts: 952

@esther-c

Ooo! Sounds fun! 😏 I might try.

...i see the world in my head every time i close my eyes...

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

@esther-c

*coughs* so my birthday is in November, and at least for me the birthday month always moves a little slower XD So I’ve been planning on at least trying NaNoWriMo

My plan is currently to be doing Project Mckinely (which is my new contemporary romance/family book series)

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

hybridlore
            @hybridlore
              • Total Posts: 1359

@esther-c

It sounds really fun! I’m not exactly sure if I’ll do it yet, I think I’ll just have to see where my current WIP is at that point. I’m about 15k in, so I might just focus on finishing it over November. What are you planning to work on?

There is always light behind the clouds.
              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

TheArcaneAxiom
              @thearcaneaxiom
                • Total Posts: 1251

@esther-c

Lol, this is the 3rd or 4th forum made with this exact question this month🤣

I’ll be doing it, but not officially. I’m planning on just working on my current project that I’ve never seemed to be able to just get stuff down for, so the deadline I’m hoping will speed things up.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 8156

@esther-c Haha…probably not XD

I wish I could, but I just don’t write quite that fast, heh…and uh…I’ve had a bit of writer’s block lately 😅

Allison
                  @acancello
                    • Total Posts: 838

@esther-c

This sounds fun, but I am working on my WIP now, (I’m at 30k!!!!!) I hope to finish it by the end of this year and I am getting pretty busy with school. If I can I may try! What are you planning to do yours about?

Sara
                    @savannah_grace2009
                      • Total Posts: 1992

@esther-c

I’ll do it, but it will just be continuing my WIP, and I’ll try to get to 50,000 words.

Lukas&Livia
                      #Lalbert
                      Sef&Chase
                      #HOTTOLINE
                      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

RAE
                      @rae
                        • Total Posts: 3021

@esther-c

I’m not going to do it. I don’t have enough motivation to write te first draft of my second book, yet. I haven’t even planned it out completely yet!

I fall into the lot with Freedom, I just don’t think that’s going to work right now in 2023.

Have fun, all of you who are doing it! I think I might join you next year!

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 3875

@esther-c sheesh I don’t think I’d be able to write that fast…

I at least have all the “episodes” planned for a fanfic which is made to be like a TV show, and am currently writing one of the episodes! So that counts as an accomplishment for me because I was never able to get it up and running.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                          @esther-c

@mineralizedwritings

Ok awesome!!

Also I don’t do the official nanowrimo because I’ve heard some concerns about their focus being off… I don’t know enough about it to say though.

Yeah, I’ve heard a few things too. That’s why I didn’t really want to join their community. I definitely prefer KP. 😅

@grcr

Alrighty! It will be fun. 😁 (And probably a little stressful too. XD)

@smiley

My birthday month is November too!! That’s awesome 😉

Ok sounds great!

@hybridlore

Alright! That’s a good idea. 🙂

I’m planning to write a book that I’ve been plotting for the past month or so. (The MC is in the character party RP) The theme is one that I’m really excited to write about and I’m falling in love with the characters. It does have the typical mentor/mentee relationship, (Hard, tough mentor; innocent, fun-loving mentee) but I’m hoping to put a fresh twist on the trope. The main character’s, Amir’s, parents go missing, and he goes to Arsyn Dabir, the isolated mentor, to help find them. The fun part is, Amir has been sheltered his whole life, so he doesn’t always pick up on social cues and is always honest, even to the point where some people take offense. Which of course Amir never means because he’s so sweet and innocent and always sees the good in people. So that’s a super simplified explanation, but there’s still a lot of plotting to be done. 😉

@thearcaneaxiom

Lol, I’m not surprised. 😂

Awesome!

@freedomwriter76

Totally understand. 😉 And writer’s block is never fun. 😣 (Even though my “writer’s block” tends to just be procrastination. 😂)

@acancello

30k words is so exciting!!

As for what I’m writing about, I answered Hybrid’s same question earlier in this post. If you look up you’ll find it. 🙂

@savannah_grace2009

Ok, glad to have you join!!

@rae

I totally understand. 😊 Thanks!!

@keilah-h

That sounds really cool! What’s it about?

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h
                              • Total Posts: 3875

@esther-c It’s kinda based off How to Train Your Dragon, where a group of dragon riders and their dragons explore the islands they live on and fight off human trappers trying to kill the dragons and dangerous dragons trying to kill the humans. Pretty fun.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                              @esther-c

@keilah-h

Oooh, sounds cool!

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Total Posts: 2635

HEYYy it’s NaNo!!! Who has already started?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >