Nanowrimo 2020?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Grace H.
    @gh24682468999
      • Total Posts: 199

Okay, so I definitely haven’t been on here for a long time so I don’t know if people have been discussing this yet… (On the bright side, I HAVE been actually writing a lot more, which was the whole point of me not being on here as much, so yay:)

But I’m doing this for the first time ever, with one of my good friends, so I’m wondering if anyone on here is also planning on it? Or if a Nano writing group already exists for KP/SE? I want to reach out so we can journey together 🙂

My Nano username is @aloramin if you want to add me.

@devastate-lasting
      @leon-fleming @seekjustice @r-m-archer @jenwriter17 @everyone else

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
      literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@gh24682468999 I’m not doing NaNo this year, but I wish you all the best! 😀 *sends virtual chocolate* But I am sending out a NaNo “survival kit” to my email list on the 31st with a bunch of articles to help with the November challenge. If you’re interested in that, you can click here. 🙂 That will have all of my top tips for productivity, goal setting, etc.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@gh24682468999 So now I’m a bit conflicted, see. I swore to myself that I would never touch Nano again due to the length of the burnout that happened two years ago, but now I’ve gotten a new idea in my sleep that wouldn’t be that long and just about 50,000…

Though I might want to take my time with that. Also I don’t have a Nano account.

Anyway, best of luck to you and your friends!

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

I’m not doing NaNoWriMo but good luck!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Kathleen
            @kathleenramm
              • Total Posts: 635

@gh24682468999

No, but sorta yes? Since I’ve never done NaNoWriMo before, I decided that this year I’d do a Half-NaNoWriMo, (sorta like a half marathon), and write 25k in November. And next year I’ll aim to write 50k for NaNoWriMo.

At the moment, I’m not a super fast writer, so I don’t think I can commit the amount of time necessary to write 50k one month. But I still want to challenge myself and be more consistent with writing so I’m doing a 25k challenge!

So if anyone doesn’t want to do a full NaNoWriMo, but still wants a challenge, you can join me with my half-NaNoWriMo. XD I mean, half a novel in a month is still pretty cool, even if it’s not a full novel.

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12
                • Total Posts: 6645

Well, I’m not actually doing NaNoWriMo as in having an actual profile and such, but I am hoping to work on the first draft (and maybe finish it or get close) of my standalone book.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Grace H.
                @gh24682468999

@jenwriter17 *receives virtual chocolate* And I signed up for your email list! Thanks for letting me know about that 🙂

@devastate-lasting
                  Ah dear :/ Best of luck to you as you decide about that. You could always do a smaller goal, like Kathleen. Also, do you have any tips based on your past experience in Nano? Because I can really obsess over my work to a point where it’s unhealthy, and I want to avoid that.

@godlyfantasy12
                  Thanks! And good luck with your draft 🙂 I’m finishing my first draft for NaNo as well.

@kathleenramm
                  That’s super awesome! And it’s entirely possible that I’ll end up at around 25K at the end of the month, too, so let’s say I join you and see how far I can go 🙂

Elizabeth
                  @lewilliams
                    • Total Posts: 252

@gh24682468999 Hi! I don’t believe we’ve met yet. *extends hand solemnly*

I…don’t know yet if I’m doing NaNo. My school’s finals week is in November (technically anyway), so I’m a bit…crunched for time at the moment. BUT I know I’ll definitely keep writing during November, even if I don’t hit the 50k. 😛 Best of luck with your novel-ing endeavours though!!! What made you decide to do NaNo this year?

@kathleenramm
                    That is a genius idea and am so tempted to steal it. 😛 (Seriously–I may very well join you in your endeavors. 🙂 )

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Linyang Zhang
                    @devastate-lasting

@gh24682468999 Let’s see…tips…I’ve tried doing NaNo once or twice before last time, but always failed. You gotta make yourself and sit and finish the word count every day, otherwise you fall behind really easily. I stayed up a lot at night trying to finish. Also utilize your weekends and free time. Don’t worry about plot/grammar/characters. You can always go back later. And even if you don’t make it, there are also those little NaNo camps I think in July and February, and there’s always next year, so don’t worry about it too much. Good luck!

Grace H.
                      @gh24682468999

@lewilliams *returns solemn handshake* Hey there! Eeek, good luck with finals. I’m doing Nano this year primarily because my close friend decided to do it and we have a habit of getting each other excited about things 🙂 Secondarily (but probably a lot more important), this is probably the least busy November I will have in my entire life, since the pandemic’s kept me back from attending school.

Also, I love that you used Eowyn’s quote in your signature!

@devastate-lasting
                        Yeahhh the word count xD I’ve managed to do it for two days already though, so hopefully I can keep it up. I think I’m fortunate this year (gap year because of COVID) to have quite a bit of time, but it’s still a hard pace and can be pretty exhausting. And thanks for pointing out that it’s okay to not make it! I can get quite obsessed over my creative endeavors, haha. Thanks so much!

Linyang Zhang
                        @devastate-lasting

@gh24682468999 No problem at all! I wish you all the best! Stay hydrated!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >