My brother and I are starting a YouTube channel powered solely by socks.

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film My brother and I are starting a YouTube channel powered solely by socks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

Yep, the title said it all XD We kept having all these great ideas to make a skit, but we didn’t want our faces online, soooo– we got desperate creative!

Does anyone know of any great free movie-making apps? I would be super grateful for any other advice you could throw out there too!! <3

(Psst, our channel is called SuperSocks Cinema!)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m
        • Total Posts: 1242

@daisy-torres

Sure thing! I love making music videos, stop motion films, and mini-movies. The one I remember specifically right now is the one me and my brother made of a war scene. Which was basically making a small hut, setting up his soldiers (the small green plastic ones), and after setting up the cameras, we used small firecrackers as a grenade. You know, I might share it here if I can find it XD…

But that’s all off-topic XD so depending on what brand your device is will definitely alter the type, performance, and app allowance of the movie-making app you choose.
        If you don’t mind me asking, what brand is your device?

Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
        @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
          • Total Posts: 133

@daisy-torres

sounds cool! All four of my accounts will subscribe.

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m

@daisy-torres

I would also be glad to give you a few pointers in you like:)

Daisy Torres
            @daisy-torres

@abigail-m

That sounds amazing XD I would love to see that if you can find it!

Android. I have a Chromebook laptop that we might use for editing, and then an Android phone for the actual filming. We also have a video camera. Thank you for your help!! And I would be very grateful for any pointers you can offer as well <3

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Daisy Torres.

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Daisy Torres
              @daisy-torres

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin

Haha thank you!! We are eternally indebted XD

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@daisy-torres Oo I’ll be sure to check it out!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting
                    • Total Posts: 1700

@daisy-torres Ah, I can’t seem to find it…do you have a link?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                    Would you mind letting me know
                    If hours don't turn into days

Daisy Torres
                    @daisy-torres

@devastate-lasting Sure thing! And thanks! We don’t have anything uploaded yet, but as soon as we get to the store for some googly eyes, we should be good to go XD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-tz-5EaVW4zb5loWL_OMvg

Abigail.M.
                      @abigail-m

@daisy-torres

Hello! Sorry for the late response. So I did a little trial and error and you said you have a Android Chromebook? I’d check out PowerDirector. It’s simple, but effective and that can be difficult to find in Androids.
                        Anyways, a tidbit of advice is to pay attention to basic/fundamental three aspects of photography (and videography) and those are

1#Lighting. Lighting is an awesome tool, tricky, but awesome. Different lighting can create different moods and different compositions. For instance, a dimmed light can either be terrifying or sleepy. Bright light creates more energy and in a more fun sense, if you flick a light switch on and off repeatedly, you get a lightning effect:) But if you want a daytime look, natural light is always best.

2#Perspective. This is where your camera is placed and which viewpoint you want to capture. This is fun because you can change POVs and adjust the height of things. Say you have a small character, then you’d naturally lower the camera to his view. The most classic is the most obvious of course, the POV of the camera.

3# Composition. This is how you’ll want your video to look. How you arrange things, the style of your masterpieces. This is where you pull in every element to create the film you want. The composition in the Narnia movie, The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe. Mr. Tumnus’s home’s composition is warm, earth-toned and magical. The little objects and and strange relics of Narnia added to the overall ancient and foreign composition.

And though these two tools aren’t in the fundamentals category, they enhance quality immensely. Background and props. Always be aware of the background, for I believe that it is the unspoken make or break element to filming. And props, those are left to the imagination and composition you want to acquire.

Either than that, I recommend having complete and total fun with videography. If the film gets a little messed up, that’s why retakes were invented:)

I think it’s awesome that your making a channel. If you can, be sure and let me know when you post your first video:)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
                        • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
                        Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres

@abigail-m Thank you so much!!! That’s all super helpful. I’m downloading PowerDirector right now!

I definitely will let you know!! Thanks again <3

Abigail.M.
                          @abigail-m

@daisy-torres

NP:) I’m glad that I could help 🙂

Daisy Torres
                            @daisy-torres

@abigail-m @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @devastate-lasting We have the video finished!!! after months of procrastinating. We’ll be uploading it either later today or tomorrow! We’re so exciteddddd XD Our lights bleach out the set though. I’m going to need to figure out how to change it a bit for future sets :)))

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Daisy Torres.

Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@daisy-torres

So cool! Looking forward to your first video!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >