Musical Theatre

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Musical Theatre

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien
      • Total Posts: 440

Thank you for the shout out Corissa! I love acting too. I am the main character who is a girl on a indentured slave ship and gets sold to a widow. I’m rebellious at first and scorn God, but become a Christian in the end. Hey maybe you guys can watch if you come to Fellowship Baptist Church when we perform it!

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

ClaireC
      @clairec
        • Total Posts: 628

@anne-of-lothlorien, I can’t come see it! 🙁 boo hoo! Maybe you could video it…? *hopeful puppy eyes*

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ClaireC.

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

@clairec; @christi-eaton; @sarah-h; @corissa-maiden-of-praise; @anne-of-lothlorien
          So I’ve acted in three plays/musicals/theatres.
          My very first one was a Peter Pan Pantomime and is was heaps of fun. We had a Cast A and Cast B because there were so many people. (it a company for the younger children, so it gets lots of interest. But the older kids act the big roles) I got Peter Pan in the Cast A and I was very excited.
          My next production was Pirates of Penzance. It was my first “big” show. Tough auditions and lots of good actors. I was very fortunate to get in. I got the role of a pirate chorus member.
          And then I did Aladdin with the people who did Peter Pan. Once again I got the main. I was very excited as I didn’t think I would seen as I had Peter last year. But only two people audition for him.
          (Here’s a photo of the cast from Pirates.) 🙂
          Picture

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
          ClaireC
          @clairec

@bluejay, Ooo, Exciting! Which pirate are you?

BlueJay
            @bluejay

The pirate in the red vest. At the front. 🙂 Just above the daughters. @clairec

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
              ClaireC
              @clairec

@bluejay, Ah ha! found you! 🙂

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h
                  • Total Posts: 669

@clairec We’re on at the same time!! Yay!

@bluejay
                  What’s the basic storyline of Pirates of Penzance? I’ve heard just enough abut it to make me curious. Wow, is that really you? I guessed you were the girl in the red dress, before I read your answer. You look very much like a soldier; that’s amazing.

ClaireC
                  @clairec

@sarah-h really? What time is it there?

Sarah Hoven
                    @sarah-h

@clairec 1:30 a.m. exactly. I know, I should be in bed… 🙂

ClaireC
                      @clairec

@sarah-h, Whoa!!! I’d be dead at that time! 🙂 Beddy-bye time! 😉

Sarah Hoven
                        @sarah-h

@clairec I’m going to sleep now; my iPad’s battery is just about to die. Good night! 🙂 🙂

ClaireC
                          @clairec

@sarah-h, Good night!! 🙂

BlueJay
                            @bluejay

@sarah-h I wish I was her in a sense. She had one of the main females. I thank you for the complement. Lots of make up was the answer. It was actually rather fun applying a “beard”. 🙂
                              So the basic outline of Pirates of Penzance is…
                              ACT I
                              Fredrick, a pirate, has reached his 21st birthday and is out of his indentures. And since he is no longer a member, he feels it his duty to get us all killed as we are bad men. He leaves and his nurse maid wishes to go with him, but he falls for a group of pretty maiden. He shuns Ruth and begs the girls to marry him. They are shocked that he was a pirate and reject him. Expect for one, Mabel. She agrees to be his wife. Then we pirate reappear and grab the girls, seeking a wife. We are told leave them as their father is a major general. He enters and we have a major discussion and end up making the major general one of us. (he tells us he is an orphan which we pirates all are).
                              ACT II
                              Fredrick is told by the major general that he is no orphan. Fredrick summons the police to exterminate us. Pirate Captain and Ruth turn up and tell Fredrick that since he was born on leap year his is only 5 and 1/2 years old. Which means he is still a pirate. Since he is back to a pirate he has to tell them that the MG lied. PC yells for revenge and Ruth and he leave. Mabel enters and learns that Fredrick is to leave. They swear to be true to each other. He leaves and she calls for the police and tells them to do their duty.
                              The pirates enter looking for the MG. He hears a noise and comes on. (We are all hiding now) His daughters come out and wonder what is father doing up. We sneak forward and grab them. MG is about to die when the police make their appearance. A major battle follows with the pirates being over powered. We are told to surrender in Queen Victoria’s name, which we do. We are about to be sent off to die when Ruth jumps up and tells the Police chief and MG that we are all noble men who have gone wrong.
                              We get forgiven and get to take a daughter each. So all is happy in the end.
                              (Gilbert and Sullivan, (not sure if you’ve heard of them) did it and it was hilarious. It has been modernized and that version is not that great.)

ClaireC
                              @clairec

@bluejay, Wow!

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                                @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                                  • Total Posts: 256

@BlueJay Did you do the song “Modern Major General”? I haven’t seen the full play, but I’ve seen that song. It’s one of my favorite “silly songs”! 😀

That sounds like a lot of fun! You guys really did do a good job with the makeup. You look quite the handsome young soldier. 😉 Do you have a hard time doing a “boy voice” or do you enjoy it? Or did you not have to use a “boy voice” at all since you were still only 5 1/2? *smirks*

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >