Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone)

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3428

Typically I’m not emotional during movies, but when I watched If, it got me tearing up, especially the part where the girl (can’t remember her name, lol) is talking to her dad when he’s asleep in the hospital. I do remember thinking that it was a little dramatic, her being super worried about her dad as soon as things went downhill. (In fact, if I remember correctly, he was just like really tired after his surgery or something, right?) I loved seeing the Ifs reunited with their kids though, that was so sweet. 😊

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Otherworldly Historian
      @otherworldlyhistorian
        • Total Posts: 229

@anyone

(I know this technically sorta isn’t a movie/tv show but I feel like JRPGs technically sorta count as anime)

I just finished Persona 5 The Royale and it was amazing. 🤩 I don’t know if anyone else on here would have played the game but I really liked it. The final act had a surprisingly good finale and I definitely felt really immersed in the story of Joker and the Phantom Theives.

Minor spolers:

Loved the Akechi ark. He was such a good antagonist/antihero. Legit almost cried the first time he died. Also nothing beats that moment when the Phantom Thieves are fighting Yaldabaoth (think I spelt that right) and Mishima just starts cheering for you in the middle of a crowd. Maruki was also a cool juxtaposition against the phantom theives (loved the final part with him in the final cut scene and had a good laugh when Joker and Maruki punch each other on the cracking glass thing. Was also super scared Maruki was going to die when the glass cracked under him).

Sorry. This was kind of a rant.

Through darkness,
        light shines brightest

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 4732

@otherworldlyhistorian I have absolutely NO idea what you’re talking about but it seems like you enjoyed it! And the character arcs sound cool.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Otherworldly Historian
          @otherworldlyhistorian
            • Total Posts: 229

@keilah-h

Thanks, I really did enjoy the game and some of the arcs definitely gave me some interesting character ideas. Persona 5 is basically a game where you play as a Japanese High school student who has the power to break into peoples minds and steal their corrupted desires.

It also has really good music.

Through darkness,
            light shines brightest

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@otherworldlyhistorian whoa, weird….cool concept though!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

The Ducktator
              @theducktator
                • Total Posts: 725

If Woody from Toy Story died, Andy would never realize it. He would just keep playing with the corpse.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@theducktator I haven’t liked or paid attention to the Toy Story series since I was maybe 6, but that is equal parts sad and horrifying.

whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 3144

Arrival (2016 I think) is a wonderful science fiction movie with minimal action. I loved the exploration of language and how brains can be wired differently depending on the language (it makes sense if you watch it). It is slightly creepy at first, but honestly very chill for the genre. My grandpa fell asleep while we played it on TV, but I was on the edge of my seat, hehe. There are some common curse words in the film.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by whaley. Reason: Adding date

“Everything is a mountain”

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@whalekeeper ooh interesting! I just looked it up and I kinda like the plot. I remember seeing a promo poster for it a long time ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >