Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    The Ducktator
    @theducktator
      • Total Posts: 726

@theshadow

I’ll have to check it out!

@theloonyone

They’ll be fine with fighting scenes. We’ll have to watch it!

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

The Ducktator
      @theducktator
        • Total Posts: 726

@mineralizedwritings

I haven’t seen the animated Cinderella, but I have seen the live action one. I loved their meeting. It was so cute. The immodest dress bothered me too.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings
          • Total Posts: 2973

@theducktator

I grew up with the animated one and I still like it, but the prince wasn’t even a character really. He’s just the handsome guy who can get her out of there. I like Kit better. She knows him like just for that night too lol

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Total Posts: 3147

Just watched Legend of Hei, and it was super cute. I recommend, barring a few words of language if that’s not your thing.

“Everything is a mountain”

Loopy
            @loopylin
              • Total Posts: 2334

@mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper

Nice. *adds movies to my ridiculously long watch list*

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2334

I know Loony and Whaley and probably Rae have already seen this, but Rise of the Guardians. So good. Really fun characters, pretty good animation, great family movie, probably inspired like 70% of my make believe games as a kid.

Thing is, I can’t find it anywhere now. I don’t have a dvd. I thought it used to be on Netflix, but now, idk. Anyone know where I could watch it again?

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

TheShadow
                @theshadow
                  • Total Posts: 306

@theducktator

Fair warning first if you do: it can be fairly dark. There’s nothing too bad from what I remember, though there is at least one or two deaths that are a bit grisly (but nothing too terrible). Language shouldn’t be an issue either I think.

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

TheShadow
                  @theshadow
                    • Total Posts: 306

@rae

My siblings and I watched Treasure Planet this weekend, and it was great!!! Jim and Silver’s relationship was by far probably the best part, and the animation was fantastic! And Morph was adorable too. How someone couldn’t like the movie is beyond me.

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3428

@mineralizedwritings

In some sense, it was more book accurate. But the family shows no sign of being Christian, and the Christian sounding advice there mom gives them is cut out. And there’s the scene they added before Meg dies where Jo says “Jo’s will be done” when her sister questions if death is God’s will. I can’t think about the movie the same after that, because Jo from the books would never.

Yeah, that part did bug me. Like, yes, it matches her personality, but is it true to the book character?? Ehh… not so much.

Anyways, cinematography was top notch, but some of the things said and things that happened were modified to appeal to the modern audience. I don’t like that. I did however appreciate the absence of Jo and Laurie kissing (Other movie versions do this and it never happens in the books). I probably won’t watch is again because of the changes, but I won’t say it’s bad because the film making was very good.

Yesss, i loved it!!

Yeah, that’s true. There’s one part in the movie that I don’t think is in the book. It’s where Jo is saying how she’s sick and tired of women being treated like the only thing they are good for is love. And Amy also goes off on a tangent to Laurie about marriage and economic propositions. 😅 It’s been a while since I’ve read the book, but I’m pretty sure they added that. Which bothers me a little bit, but I tend to shrug it off because 1) it was kinda true for that time and 2) i love the rest of the story so much, lol.

Yeah that’s fair. I absolutely loved the movie and I’m still not sure exactly why XD but you made some great points!

Live action Cinderella. This was Disney’s first live action, before they realized it was a money making formula and they didn’t have to try lol.

Oh yesss!! It’s such a good movie! I’ve watched a couple other live-action Cinderellas, but this one is by far the best. You pretty much covered all the points I would have made to why it was so good, lol. It was so innocent and sweet too and really kept the fairy-tale vibe.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@esther-c

Yep. It wasn’t true to the book character. I none Christian with her personality might have said that but not Jo.

I didn’t mind the added dialogue and tangents but I don’t think they were historically accurate, and Amy from the books didn’t talk like that. The clothing wasn’t historically accurate either I don’t think, so I guess it wasn’t a priority. And same, I can shrug that stuff off too.

I  did enjoy it to, Especially the shot where Amy recognizes Laurie in France… the slow mo was perfect. I think the book is my favorite because I have like nothing negative to say about it. They have to cut a lot of the best scenes from the book to fit it into any movie.

XD yes the Cinderella movie really does keep the fairy tale vibe, and it’s great because of that.

Esther
                        @esther-c

@mineralizedwritings

Yeah, that’s true, it could have just been added for a modern audience. Oop, really? 👀 Sheesh

Yes! I loved that part! Yeah, true, but I really liked the snapshots they had of when the girls were little and playing tea party or pilgrim’s progress. That was cute ☺️

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@esther-c

Oh yeah those parts were fun too!

whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 3147

@loopylin

Rise of the Guardians is so underrated. Me and my siblings just watched it six or seven times on repeat in the car, and tbh I’d watch it again. I think it’s on Netflix right now.

“Everything is a mountain”

RAE
                              @rae
                                • Total Posts: 3564

@mineralizedwritings @esther-c

Are you talking about the 2015 Cinderella? I’ve watched that one, the original cartoon, and one when I was really little that all I remember was the step mother against a dark background. No idea the version. I wasn’t a princess girl, at least, not the way people thank of it, so I didn’t pay much attention. My idea of a princess was my own idea…flower sceptre and all.

I actually want my wedding dress to be a light purple and white version of the skirt part of her dress in the 2015 one. I’ve just always loved all the layers when she danced. And the prince was great, much better than the cartoon one.

Besides the dance, and their meeting, I like the part where she forgives her stepmother. It was just refreshing to see that. It made me believe they lived happily ever after after all, without anger stored up inside her.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."
                                #BreakTheRecord

Esther
                                @esther-c

@rae

Yes, that was cool to see 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >