Monthly Prompts!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Monthly Prompts!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@acancello Awww, girlllll, tysm 💖💖 That just made my day 🥰🥰❤️❤️💖💖 I’ll be sure to tag you!!!! (do you want me to tag you from now on for my regular WIP’s too? 😊)

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 4732

@freedomwriter76 That was such a great scene!

So I was just watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier yesterday….And I kept imagining Madeline in it, lol. Kinda don’t know where she would fit, but I’m starting to be just as over the moon about Bucky’s awesomeness as you are. And that’s while watching him be mostly a bad guy!!

@smiley
        and my family’s watching Age of Ultron next…so I get to meet your favorite and see if I like her.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Smiley
        @smiley
          • Total Posts: 2210

@keilah-h

Bucky is really cool XD

And you will, she’s sort of goth but it suits her and she starts off as the villain

Do me a favor…. Tell Cress I meant it
          -Thorne

Anonymous

@keilah-h Tysm!! 💖💖

AHHH, GIRLLLLL, YOU’RE IMAGINING MY CHARRIE IN A MARVEL MOVIE!?!?!? *swoons*

AND YESSSSS, BUCKY IS JUST AMAZING, IS HE NOT!?!?!? 🥰🥰🤪🤪💖💖

YOU 100% need to watch Civil War…Bucky is EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!

*cough cough* Excuse me…sorry about that. I love Bucky 😂

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 4732

@freedomwriter76 he is pretty awesome, so I’m not gonna judge. I do that with my favorite charries.

And yes!! I’m totally imagining her in the movie! Not sure where. I was just all like “Where would she be….hmmm…”

We’re gonna watch Civil War after Age of Ultron…so…yeah!

My dad wants us to get caught up on Marvel movies cause…..well I can’t tell you yet.

@smiley
              cool, cool!

TBH in the ending scene for Winter Soldier when Pietro was dashing around in the cell he seriously looked like he was having a seizure or something. Meanwhile Wanda’s in the corner smashing bricks and looking creepy but honestly a bit less terrorized than her brother.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Allison
              @acancello
                • Total Posts: 842

@freedomwriter76

Of course! Thank you! 🙂

"Would you kindly...?"

Smiley
                @smiley

@everyone

Fall is upon us, and I think it’s time for some new prompts to get us in the right mood

Also, feel free to continue the last set of prompts, I just needed something new

this is for the month of October, but we can start now, and feel free to skip and do whatever one you want

1. Sweaters/Sweater

2. Pumpkins

3. Frightening Prank

4. Leaves

5. Cozy Beverages

6. Pies

7. Hay Ride

8. Corn Maze

9. Apple Bombing

10. Football

11. Stormy Weather

12. Spiders

13. Scary

14. Candy

15. The Moon

16. Bondfire

17. Rain

18. Mud

19. Decorating

20. Candy Corn

21. Acorns

22. Cozy

23. Cinnamon

24. Scare Crow

25. Fire Place

26. Costume Shopping

27. Apple Picking

28. Umbrellas

29. Homemade Jam

30. Mystery

31. Halloween

-Thorne

Smiley
                  @smiley

@esther-c @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @euodia-vision  @keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @hybridlore  @freedomwriter76

*Points to post above*

-Thorne

Euodia
                    @euodia-vision
                      • Total Posts: 1308

@smiley

Ooooo good idea!! I’ll hopefully be able to do some!

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

hybridlore
                      @hybridlore
                        • Total Posts: 1405

@smiley

Yess girl I love fall so much! Thanks for the list, maybe I’ll try to actually write one for this month xD

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ~ Anne Shirley.

Anonymous

@smiley EEEEE, love it!!!!😍

can’t wait to do some of these!!!

Allison
                          @acancello
                            • Total Posts: 842

@smiley

Oooh, those are fun! I will try to do some!

"Would you kindly...?"

Esther
                            @esther-c
                              • Total Posts: 3428

Oh yesss, I really need to get back into this!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous

@esther-c @acancello @euodia-vision @smiley @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @hybridlore @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12 @anyone-else-idk-lol-XD

Welp, I’ve written the first Prompts!!! I did the first 3, which are Sweaters, Pumpkins, and Frightening Prank all in one Marvel fanfic short story!!!

ngl, y’all…I love it 😍😍

Bucky/Steve are not mine, they’re Marvel, and Becca is also based off of a canon Marvel character, both Carolyn and Kathleen are my own (supposed to be Bucky’s other 2 siblings 😉)

Anywhoooo…here it is!!! My short story, Pumpkins, Sweaters and Freezing Water 🍂❤️

October 1933

“Hang on, don’t leave yet! It is cold outside…don’t think that you’ll be going without sweaters on!”

“Ma-!”

“Don’t hold that tone with me, James,” Winifred held up three four tan handknit sweaters, “here, I have sweaters for all four of you…except Steve. Sorry dear. I would have made you one if I had enough yarn.”

Steve smiled gently and shrugged. “It’s okay Mrs. Barnes, my Mom was able to get one from a neighbor recently, one from her son that’s Bucky’s age.”

“Guess he got too big for it, and Mrs. Crawford must have known you were small enough for it.”

“James Buchanan Barnes, leave poor Steve alone.” Winifred admonished, helping five-year-old Becca into her sweater. “Today is supposed to be a day to have fun at the park nearby where there is going to be a small Fall festival, and here you are teasing your friend.”

“Sorry Ma,” Bucky shot his best friend a wink, “Steve is just too easy to tease.”

Carolyn elbowed Bucky in the side. “Jerk. Be nice to your friend for once.”

“Hey, who’s the one that helps keep him safe from bullies?” Bucky countered, turning to face his fourteen-year-old sister with a faint, mock glare.

“Not much use when you’re being a bully too.” Kathleen noted in a sing-song tone, and at nine, she certainly enjoyed annoying all three of her siblings.

“Bucky being mean to Steve!” Becca called, only wanting to be in the conversation.

“Children, please. Is it too much to ask that you’d be on your best behavior in front of a friend?”

“It’s okay, Mrs. Barnes…I’m used to it.”

Bucky shot his friend a grin.

Man, he didn’t know what he’d do without Steve.

Winifred let out a deep breath, standing from where she’d been crouching to help Becca. “Okay, just stay safe. Oh, and don’t get too close to the pond at the park, it will be freezing this time of year.”

Bucky slipped into his sweater and coat and gave his mom a grin and wink. “I’ll try.”

“I’m serious, Bucky. Keep an eye on your sisters, alright? And Steve, keep an eye on Bucky.”

Steve chuckled, and Bucky sent his fifteen-year-old friend, only a year younger than himself, a faint glare. Steve smirked. “I’ll try.”

~*~

“Look at all the pumpkins! Bucky, Bucky, look!” Becca cried, pulling on Bucky’s hand.

Bucky scowled and pulled his hand out of her grasp. “Not so hard, Becca. I see the pumpkins.”

“Can we go look at them!?”

Bucky turned to his best friend and his other sisters, raising an eyebrow.

Carolyn stepped forward, smiling and taking Becca’s hand in her own. “Come on, let’s go see the pumpkins.”

Kathleen followed close behind, and Bucky took the back with Steve.

“Buck, what’s up? You’re scowling.”

“Are not.”

“Are too. What, jealous that Carolyn is trying to take over as the big sibling?”

Bucky turned to his friend, eyes wide. “What!? Why would you-!?”

Steve chuckled and began to walk a little faster. “Yep, I knew it.”

Bucky muttered a low cuss under his breath and quickened his pace, quickly catching up with Steve. “Hey, not my fault she acts like a goody-goody.”

“I obey the rules too.”

“Yeah…you make everyone think you do. What they don’t know about is that one time when we skipped-“

“Bucky, shh. We both agreed to not tell anyone about that, remember?”

Bucky laughed. “Yeah…save both of our skins. You don’t follow all the rules as much as you’d make everyone believe.”

“You normally pull me into it.”

“I don’t “make” you though, you just like adventure more than you let on. You’re right though, no one can hear about when we skipped school to sneak into Mr. Compton’s shop.”

Steve nodded. “Yeah, exactly,” Steve shrugged, “but if you do something this time, I’m not going to be able to save you.”

“Yeah,” Bucky nodded at his three younger sisters, who were looking at a mound of pumpkins, “they’d tell on me for sure.”

Steve chuckled. “Yeah, you’ll be screwed.”

Bucky laughed. “That’s for sure.”

Steve laughed, but his laugh turned into a cough, and Bucky gently pulled his friend closer to where Bucky’s sisters were, giving Steve a minute to collect himself. Bucky rose an eyebrow. “You good?”

“Yeah, just…just a bit of a coughing fit. You know how it is.”

Bucky nodded.

Steve was tortured with a multitude of health issues, asthma only one of them. His asthma was the biggest reason Steve’s mother did her best to keep him warm in the colder months…even bundling him in as many layers as she could afford.

Steve nodded towards Carolyn, Kathleen, and Becca. “Seems like they like looking at all of those pumpkins over there.”

“Yeah,” Bucky grinned as an idea dawned, “and hey, Steve…wanna help me with something?”

Steve took one look at Bucky and sighed. “What this time?”

~*~

Bucky hid behind a tree watching his sisters and Steve.

Carolyn’s prank on him from a few days prior was fresh on his mind…but Bucky’s would be even better.

Steve was distracting them, trying to show them how to make paper airplanes with scraps of a newspaper that Bucky had found discarded in the grass.

Becca giggled as Steve threw one of the planes through the air, and Bucky crept forward.

Kathleen asked Steve for help, and Carolyn’s back was to Bucky.

He jumped up behind her and grabbed her shoulders. “Carolyn!”

His sister screamed and turned on her heel to face him. Her foot caught her other foot, and she tripped and tumbled, beginning to roll down the hill. “AHH!”

“Carolyn!” Bucky cried, and knew the others yelled her name too.

He tried to rush down the hill, but it was hard, and…uh oh.

Bucky’s foot slipped and he tumbled, landing close to Carolyn.

Carolyn screeched and grabbed hold of his sweater.

Huh…the sweater was good for more than just keeping them warm.

Bucky tumbled with her, trying to get a good footing to stop them both from falling.

The two of them cascaded into the frigid pond.

His sister still clinging to him, Bucky looked down at Carolyn, using one free arm to keep himself above water level. “Lyn, are you okay!?”

Carolyn smacked the front of his clothes. “No thanks to you!”

Bucky just stared at her, and together, they both erupted into laughter, clinging to each other, teeth chattering, freezing yet still laughing with the hilarity of it all.

A man came to the edge of the pond and reached out a hand for them both.

Bucky helped Carolyn get to the man first and slowly followed after her. “What were you two thinking!?”

Bucky shrugged, sharing a small grin with his sister, shivering from head to toe.

Kathleen, Steve, and Becca ran over as a man draped his coat over Bucky and Carolyn’s shoulders.

Kathleen’s eyes widened. “Are you okay!?”

“Yeah,” Carolyn shivered, “we’re okay.”

“Mommy said to stay away from the pond! You got in the pond!”

“They weren’t meaning to, Becca…” Steve pointed out, glancing at Bucky and Carolyn with a worried frown.

“We should probably get home,” Carolyn winked, “besides, it-it’s Bucky’s fault we f-f-fell into the pond.”

“Y-you tripped.”

“You s-snuck up behind me.”

“It’s Bucky’s fault!” Kathleen cried, pointing.

“Are y-you a-a-all on C-Carolyn’s side?”

Steve nodded. “You brought this on yourself, Buck…I’m not saving your skin this time.”

“Traitor.” Bucky muttered, but he laughed; his best friend and sisters joined him.

The joy of family and friends…nothing could beat it.

Smiley
                                @smiley

@freedomwriter76

Aww I LOVE IT!!!!!

And I love seeing older brother Bucky!!

*coughs* I need to get around to writing some stories

writing has been slow recently… lack of inspiration (not even Pinterest is fixing it XD)

-Thorne

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 481 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >