Monthly Prompts!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Monthly Prompts!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings my thoughts exactly XXD

@smiley

ahh, I’m so glad you like it!!!

YESSS, ikr!? šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ’•šŸ’•

Light
      @lightoverdarkness6
        • Total Posts: 1643

@freedomwriter76

Oh my goodness šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ’•šŸ’•

I love them so much šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Buckyyyy šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ˜šŸ˜

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6 girl, tysm!!! šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’• @godlyfantasy12 @smiley @euodia-vision @mineralizedwritings @starshiness @whalekeeper @zemira @anyone-else-idk-lol-XD

I wrote something for Day 9!!! (since I missed it and had a sudden idea šŸ˜‚)

This one is CONSIDERABLY shorter than the one for Day 10…but I love it nonetheless

This one’s so sweet, and just…šŸ’•šŸ’–šŸ˜šŸ„°šŸ˜­ā¤ļø

DAY 9: I’m Not Sick

Her head thudded so hard she felt it in her heart.

The headache felt absolutely awful.

Still, it was better than all the throwing up sheā€™d done that morning.

ā€œAdinah, you really should lay down.ā€ Her sister-in-law chided, clicking her tongue.

ā€œEleanor, I have things to do, donā€™t I? Besides, Iā€™mā€¦oh,ā€ she swayed; she felt a little dizzy, ā€œokayā€¦maybe I can sit down for a minute.ā€

Eleanor nodded and helped guide her to the open chair in the kitchen.

ā€œAt least someone could convince you to sit down.ā€

Adinah faced her best friend, Christa Adelmann, and smiled gently. ā€œOh, come off it. At least Iā€™m sitting down.ā€

ā€œChrista tried to convince you several times, Adinah, and yet you didnā€™t listen. I may have to leave soon, but Iā€™ll wait until Johann wakes from his nap,ā€ Eleanor took the seat beside Adinah at the table, ā€œbut truthfully, dear, are you alright?ā€

ā€œI just donā€™t feel the greatest.ā€

Eleanor stood. ā€œCome on, go lay down on the couch in the living room.ā€

Adinah slowly stood, and Eleanor gently grabbed her arm, leading her to lay down on a couch in the living room.

Adinah laid down, though she didnā€™t want to, and slowly closed her eyes.

She didnā€™t know how long sheā€™d laid down, even slept, but eventually, she heard footsteps and voices, and she slowly awoke.

ā€œAdinah, are you alright? Are you sick?ā€

She sat up and looked into her husbandā€™s light blue eyes with their faint hint of green, and she slowly shook her head. ā€œNo darlingā€¦Iā€™m not sick. I think itā€™sā€¦something else.ā€

Felix raised an eyebrow.

Rushed, small footsteps sounded. ā€œMama!ā€

Felix scooped three-year-old Leo into his arms, kissed his forehead, and gently set him down in Adinahā€™s lap. He turned around and took five-month-old Joshua into his arms, before gently handing him over to Adinah.

Felix sat down beside her, wrapping his arms around her and the two boys.

ā€œAdinahā€¦what do you mean itā€™s something else?ā€

ā€œIā€™m not sick, Felixā€¦Iā€™ve felt this beforeā€¦so I know what it is.ā€

Felix raised an eyebrow, slightly turning to face her.

Adinah smiled, gently laying a hand on her stomach, one arm still wrapped around Joshua, who merely sat in her lap. ā€œā€¦Iā€™m pregnant.ā€

Felixā€™s eyes widened. ā€œAdinah?ā€

ā€œWeā€™re going to have another baby, Felixā€¦weā€™re going to have another baby!ā€

So much joyā€¦so much joy.

ā€œAdinah, are you serious right now?ā€

ā€œYes, darling, yes! I know this feelingā€¦weā€™re going to have another baby!ā€

ā€œAnother baby?ā€ Leo asked, his brown eyes big and wide, holding onto Joshuaā€™s hand, ever the one to always love and dote on his little brother.

Felix laughed and scooped Leo into his arms, jumping to his feet. He held Leo high above him, spinning them both around. ā€œYes, Leo, yes! Youā€™re going to be a big brother again, and so will Joshua!ā€

Leo giggled and reached down, wrapping his arms around his daddyā€™s neck. Felix wrapped his arms around Leo and held him close, before reaching over and grabbing Joshua, holding both of his sons in his arms. ā€œYouā€™re both going to be big brothers!ā€

Adinah couldnā€™t help but watch and smile.

Father and sonā€¦forever intertwined.

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 awww šŸ˜­

mmmm tw I am NOT gonna get to all of these XD I think Iā€™m just gonna choose my favs and try to do those. Need to devote time to other things (including writing my WIP!)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 SOB BUCKY!!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 4732

@freedomwriter76 Aww, cute family scene!

Also, that first half of Madeline and Bucky’s scene reminded me a little of Crosshair and his sister, Emerie.

She’s an Imperial scientist who’s apparently assigned to him, and saves him from being tortured a couple of times. I’m not sure if it’s because he’s her brother or if she just can’t stand watching him being hurt like that.

(Oh, and I actually didn’t write most of that, I just adapted it to my own use……..

…..Is it weird that every time you post a scene, I’m like “Hey! This reminds me of that one time….”)

In any case, I loved both of those!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h aww, tysm!!! ALSO, CROSSHAIR HAS A SISTER!?!? why didn’t I know this before now!? šŸ˜­ @godlyfantasy12 tysm! And that’s alright…I won’t get to writing all of them either, lol!! XXD @smiley @whalekeeper @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c @euodia-vision @zemira @anyone-else-idk-lol-XD

I wrote something for Day 11!!!

This one got me…made me cry and everything šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

This one is from my 3rd book in my trilogy with Leon/Riker as the MCs šŸ˜‰šŸ’•

(and yes, Leon and Riker get their own trilogy XXD)

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentioned Miscarriage & Thoughts of Guilt

Day 11: Bed Rest

Riker quietly clicked on the lamp on the nightstand, gently setting down a small plate of food.

Iris stirred and slowly awoke, a soft yawn escaping her lips. She rubbed her eyes. ā€œMorning already?ā€

ā€œItā€™s evening, actuallyā€¦you took a nap.ā€

ā€œOh Riker, I didnā€™t mean toā€¦what about dinner-?ā€

ā€œItā€™s alrightā€¦I made dinner. Here, I have some for you.ā€

Iris slowly sat up, gently pushing aside some of the blanket. A hand went to her stomach, but she instantly pulled it away.

Riker carefully transferred the plate from the nightstand to her hands. Iris took the first bite and smiled gently, tiredness making lines on her face that made her look older than she really was. ā€œā€¦Itā€™s delicious.ā€

ā€œNot as good as yours, but I did my best.ā€

ā€œOh, itā€™s better than mine,ā€ Iris chewed another bite and swallowed, ā€œbut I should have made dinner.ā€

Riker slowly sat down on the bed, gently laying a hand on his wifeā€™s arm. ā€œI already told you that itā€™s fine. You should be restingā€¦I think you need it.ā€

ā€œIā€™m resting so much, Riker,ā€ Iris closed her eyes, ā€œand the kids have barely even seen me.ā€

ā€œItā€™s-ā€œ

ā€œNo, itā€™s not okayā€¦I should be out there but Iā€™m not. I want to beā€¦but I alsoā€¦donā€™t. I justā€¦itā€™sā€¦itā€™s hardā€¦so hardā€¦ā€

ā€œYou need to restā€¦the doctor said that.ā€

ā€œI know.ā€

Riker raised a small smile. ā€œBesides, the kids understandā€¦but everyone at church has been wondering about you.ā€

ā€œI havenā€™t been to church in weeks.ā€ Iris closed her eyes. ā€œIā€™m justā€¦struggling.ā€

Riker raised an eyebrow. ā€œWith what, darling?ā€

Iris set aside her plate, still with some food, on the nightstand.

Riker shifted closer to her and pulled his wife into his embrace, his cheek laid on her light brown hair, her head against his chest.

Irisā€™ tears rolled down her cheeks, wetting his pressed white undershirt with tears. ā€œā€¦How could God let us lose the baby, Rikerā€¦? Heā€™s helped us come to Americaā€¦helped us provideā€¦helped us raise a familyā€¦but then he lets us lose the babyā€¦and I just donā€™t understand, Rikerā€¦I donā€™t.ā€ Iris sobbed.

Riker held his wife closer, tighter, tears brimming his eyes that he refused to let fall.

Except unlike his wifeā€¦he knew why it had happened.

Irisā€™ body convulsed with sobs, and Riker held his wife even closer, their hearts beating together, their grief mixing, their pain as one, same as him and Iris were one.

ā€œI donā€™t understand Rikerā€¦I donā€™t understandā€¦ā€

ā€œI know, I know,ā€ Riker kissed his wifeā€™s temple, ā€œbut weā€™ll make itā€¦we willā€¦ā€

ā€œMamaā€¦sad?ā€

Riker turned, and he knew Iris did the same.

Lily stood in the doorway to their bedroom, her long blonde, wavy hair falling down past her shoulders, her bright blue eyes full of worry, barefoot and in a simple pink dress, her stuffed rabbit clutched in her arms.

Iris shifted out of Rikerā€™s arms. Her arms opened to their youngest child. ā€œCome her, baby duckā€¦come here to Mamaā€¦ā€

Lily ran over and jumped into Irisā€™ arms, laying her head against her Mamaā€™s chest, and Irisā€™ arms wrapped around her.

A quiet song made its way out of Irisā€™ lipsā€¦Lilyā€™s favorite hymn to hear at church.

Amazing Grace.

Riker stood on slightly shaking legs. ā€œI-I-Iā€™ll be right back.ā€

He left the room, unwilling to go to the bathroom attached to his and Irisā€™ bedroom, knowing Iris and Lily would be able to hear him.

He walked past the living room and down the hall.

Coming out of Eliā€™s bedroom, Jonathan, Naja, and Eli all stopped in their tracks.

Naja raised a worried frown. ā€œDaddy, are you okay?ā€

ā€œYeahā€¦Dad, you good?ā€ Jonathan added, his eyebrows furrowing together.

Eli merely glanced around, unsure of what everyone was saying, and he seemed even more confused than Naja and Jonathan.

Riker nodded. ā€œYes, Iā€™m fineā€¦Mom is awake if you all want to go see her.ā€

Jonathan raised an eyebrow. ā€œUhm, yeahā€¦sure, weā€™ll go. Come on Naja.ā€ He signed for Eli to follow them, and the three of them left.

Riker walked into the bathroom and quickly locked the door behind him.

They lost the baby.

They lost a precious, innocent babyā€¦even before he was born.

Riker gripped the sides of the bathroom sink, unable to look at himself in the mirror.

His head throbbed.

The sins heā€™d committedā€¦the people heā€™d killedā€¦it still didnā€™t leave.

Rikerā€™s grip on the sink tightened.

Heā€™d killed so many innocent peopleā€¦so many menā€¦womenā€¦childrenā€¦evenā€¦ babies. So many innocent people.

Too many innocent people.

He tried to believe that he was forgiven for it.

But it was too hard.

Tears pricked Rikerā€™s dark blue eyes.

He tried to believe that Leon was rightā€¦he tried to believe that God had forgiven him fully for what he had doneā€¦but he didnā€™t. He didnā€™t fully believe it.

And he couldnā€™t help but feel as ifā€¦couldnā€™t help but think that what theyā€™d recently gone through as a familyā€¦was his fault. The punishment for his crimes, for his sin.

What if Iris losing the baby was punishment?

Maybe heā€™d changedā€¦maybe he was doing a good job, raising his kids, taking care of his wifeā€¦teaching his kids about God, but none of it changed-none of it penetrated-the fact that he had killed millions of innocent people.

The loss of the babyā€¦it was punishment for his sins.

He tried to believe in Godā€™s full forgivenessā€¦but he didnā€™t.

He didnā€™t believe that God could forgive him for all the things he had done.

Riker let go of the sink and backed away, slowing sinking against the wall, his knees rising to his chest.

The painā€¦the griefā€¦the loss of their babyā€¦it was all his fault.

It was punishment for his sinsā€¦and his whole family had to suffer for it.

Sin had consequencesā€¦and his family had to pay the price, even if it was only his sin.

Riker buried his face in his knees.

And he sobbed.

(his struggle/character arc still continues…poor baby šŸ˜­šŸ˜­)

Smiley
                  @smiley
                    • Total Posts: 2210

@freedomwriter76

Awww I love it, poor Riker and Iris

miscarriages are so painful, for the whole family really

Do me a favorā€¦. Tell Cress I meant it
                    -Thorne

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 šŸ˜­ OH MY GOSH RIKER!!!

this makes me want Riker to meet older November (daddy November!) while he doesnā€™t lose a kid, he and Ara struggle immensely to have kids, and when they do all three births have their own complications.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@smiley thx, and yesssss, poor Riker and Iris šŸ˜­šŸ’•šŸ˜­ And yess, so hard for the whole family…šŸ˜­

@godlyfantasy12
                        I knowwwwwwww šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ’– the baby!!!!!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

ahh, yesss, that’d be soooo good!!!! (now November could maybe help Riker out šŸ’–šŸ’–)

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3428

@keilah-h

Yes, for sure, me too!! ā¤ļø

Ahh!! I know right?! šŸ„°šŸ˜‚

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 He sure does!

Actually, two sisters. You’ve already met Omega as a dragon in the school AU. And of course their brothers are there too.

And he has a bunch of brothers, but he’s closest to his original squad–you’ve also met them all as dragons in the school.

I should just make a board with all the characters and their names….. I have all their pictures.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 and ugh, poor Riker. I want to tell him “It’s not your fault!! These things happen, your crimes had nothing to do with this.” if that would help any.

Euodia
                              @euodia-vision
                                • Total Posts: 1308

@freedomwriter76

All of your scenes! ARGH! I love them so much! (Buckelene was my favorite thošŸ˜‰ā¤)

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Anonymous

@euodia-vision aww, tysm!!! šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’– (yeah, should’ve figured XXD)

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 481 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >