Mistborn: Mistborn vs. Mistings

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Mistborn: Mistborn vs. Mistings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cloaked Mystery
    @jonas
      • Total Posts: 2624

Here’s the challenge: You need to face an enemy Mistborn who has access to all 16 metals (he does not have atium.) Choose seven Mistings as your team to defeat him.

(Note: we’ll use all the metals except atium, lerasium, and malatium, including the metals introduced in Era 2.)

The available Mistings:

Soother: Burns brass to dampen others’ emotions.

Rioter: Burns zinc to inflame others’ emotions

Smoker: Burns copper to hide allomantic pulses from Seekers.

Seeker: Burns bronze to detect allomantic pulses.

Thug: Burns pewter to enhance strength and resilience.

Tineye: Burns tin to enhance senses.

Lurcher: Burns iron to pull on metal.

Coinshot: Burns steel to push on metal.

Aluminum Gnat: Burns aluminum to strip away their own metal supplies. (Useless)

Duralumin Gnat: Burns duralumin to enhance their other metals. (Useless)

Leacher: Burns chromium to strip away another allomancer’s metal supplies at a touch.

Nicroburst: Burns nicrosil to enhance another allomancer’s metals in one burst of power at a touch, using up those metals all at once.

Augur: Burns gold to see an alternate version of themself.

Oracle: Burns electrum to see possible actions they might take in the near future. Counters atium.

Pulser: Burns cadmium to create a bubble of slowed time.

Slider: Burns bendalloy to create a bubble of sped up time.

(Note on time bubbles: the bubbles cannot move. The person who created the bubble cannot leave without popping it. Objects entering or leaving the bubble are deflected wildly off course. For a person, having any part of your body in side the bubble is enough to be affected by it.)

Pick seven Mistings that you think would be able to defeat a Mistborn. You can have multiple of the same ones. You also have access to standard gear for Mistings (shields for Lurchers, basic weapons for thugs, coins for coinshots, etc.)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
      ✨ Magic System Creator
      🎭 Character RPer
      📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
      @jonas

Forgot tags:

@highscribeofaetherium

@thearcaneaxiom

@any other Mistborn fans

I’ll go first. I’m picking the following:

1 Thug

1 Lurcher

1 Coinshot

1 Smoker

1 Leacher

1 Pulser

1 Slider

The plan:

The Lurcher and Coinshot will prevent the Mistborn from using coins as weapons. The Smoker stays back, making a coppercloud that prevents the Mistborn from using bronze to identify the types of Mistings. The Leacher, Pulser, and Slider are disguised as Thugs and will stay near the actual Thug. The team forces the Mistborn into close range combat by deflecting his coins. Once he gets close enough, the Pulser puts out his time bubble. Once the Mistborn is close enough, the Slider makes a smaller bubble around himself and the Leacher, allowing them to move at normal speed. The Leacher reaches out of the bubble and touches the Mistborn, stripping away his metals.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
        ✨ Magic System Creator
        🎭 Character RPer
        📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1250

@jonas

Fun idea! And nice strategy!

(Note on time bubbles: the bubbles cannot move. The person who created the bubble cannot leave without popping it. Objects entering or leaving the bubble are deflected wildly off course. For a person, having any part of your body in side the bubble is enough to be affected by it.)

(Extra note: the bubbles can move. They remain stationary as far as their inertial frame of reference, otherwise they would fly off the planet in moments. So if you made one inside a car moving at a constant speed, it would work, but if you tried to grow it where it’s overlapping the wheels, therefore changing the speed of the vehicle, the bubble would pop. At least that is my understanding.)

I’m going to play with the rules regarding this specifically a bit, and we can discuss whether or not this is even possible, but I’m not sure what Sanderson has said on the matter.

1 pulser

2 tineyes

2 sliders

and 2 leachers

Anyway, I might try to do something similar to what happened in WaW 1, where I would have a pulser inside a thick wooden box grow a large bubble around themself and the mistborn. After that, I would have a tineye, slider and leacher in a car driving towards said bubble, and another car with the same criteria, driving in at a different angle. The tineye would be driving with enhanced senses to help them maintain as constant a rate as possible, then the slider and leacher would find a secure way to be at the nose of the car. The slider would make a bubble around the two of them, and the car would hit the other bubble, and for that brief moment, the bubbles would overlap, allowing the slider and leacher to experience little ill effects of the transition, and once the bubble is close enough, the leacher would reach out, touching the mistborn while they are still too slow in the bigger bubble. The extra car would allow a better chance of being close enough to the mistborn.

This is probably a rather stupid plan, and a hundred things could go wrong, and it may not even be possible, but that’s my first strat.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Cloaked Mystery
          @jonas

(Extra note: the bubbles can move. They remain stationary as far as their inertial frame of reference, otherwise they would fly off the planet in moments. So if you made one inside a car moving at a constant speed, it would work, but if you tried to grow it where it’s overlapping the wheels, therefore changing the speed of the vehicle, the bubble would pop. At least that is my understanding.)

I haven’t read WaW yet, so I don’t have as much info as you do, but from my understanding, the time bubbles can only theoretically move. Since they are on a moving planet, they are always moving, so it seems that theoretically you could anchor it relative to something else, but I had the impression that nobody had done that yet. Again, I haven’t read those books, so I could be wrong.

The only other potential issue I see with your plan is that objects entering time bubbles are deflected wildly off course, due to different parts of the object moving at different speeds, so the cars might go flying or break or something as they entered.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
            ✨ Magic System Creator
            🎭 Character RPer
            📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
            @jonas

Here’s another strategy:

4 Coinshots

3 Nicrobursts

Two of the Nicrobursts put a hand on two Coinshots each, and the third puts a hand on the other two. When the Mistborn appears, the Nicrobursts start burning Nicrosil, creating an infinite feedback loop. This gives the Coinshots an infinitely powerful steelpush, and the Mistborn dies in a storm of coins.

(Nicrobursts using their power on each other probably wouldn’t actually do this, but we haven’t seen what does.)

🏰 Fantasy Writer
              ✨ Magic System Creator
              🎭 Character RPer
              📚 Appreciator of Books

HighScribe
              @highscribeofaetherium
                • Total Posts: 2215

This is great! I’ll have to try later 😂

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >