Maybe?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arella Noreen
    @arella-noreen
      • Total Posts: 26

Okay, so this is kind of random and having nothing to do with writing, but I figured this is probably the best topic to put this under…

Was anyone at the Texas Christian Homeschool Prom on Saturday? From my very brief time on this site, I know that there are many homeschoolers along with some Texans on this site. I was just wondering if maybe, just maybe, one or two of y’all were there.

If you weren’t however, I’d happy to tell you about it, because it was amazing in all its geeky glory.

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal
        • Total Posts: 1013

@Arella-Noreen Heh, well, I live in Maryland, so no, I wasn’t there. What exactly is a Texas Christian Homeschool Prom? 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Audrey Caylin
        @audrey-caylin
          • Total Posts: 323

@Arella-Noreen I’ve never been out of California and Nevada 😛 (though I am homeschooled). What was it like?

Arella Noreen
          @arella-noreen

@audrey-caylin @ethryndal It’s amazing. This year we had about 1780 kids. Every year the theme is different, but it’s always super in depth. This year is was all the big homeschool fandoms, so like the ballroom was Star Wars (with the Death Star in the middle) We had full sets and parents dressed in really detailed costumes from Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, Toy Story, Tangled, Mulan, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Doctor Who. It runs from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. It’s insanely fun.

Adry_Grace
            @adry_grace
              • Total Posts: 169

@Arella-Noreen A geeky prom and I wasn’t there!?!?! I hate the idea of prom (dresses and dancing just doesn’t appeal) but this. This is something I could get behind.

Arella Noreen
              @arella-noreen

@adry_grace I’ve never been one for dresses or dancing either, but I would agree that it is utterly amazing. This was my second year. Last year was Paris, and the ballroom had the Eiffel Tower in the middle. Before that it was Narnia, and you entered through the wardrobe and could have a snowball fight with Edmund and Peter as you came in. My mom’s on the Executive team, and I was on the student board this year. Both of us will probably repeat our roles next time around. If anyone does decide to go next year, y’all will have to let me know!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >