Looking for Worldbuilding Guest Authors

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Non-Fiction Looking for Worldbuilding Guest Authors

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer
      • Total Posts: 243

Hi! I’m looking for a few writers who would be willing to write about developing fictional architecture, fashion, cuisine, and language (respectively). I’m prepping blog posts for a section of this year that I’ll likely be out-of-town and I’m finding that I have a lot of posts ideas for the intangible aspects of worldbuilding but I’m not so good with the tangible. XD

My blog is called Scribes & Archers, if you want to check out some of my existing posts to get an idea of what sort of stuff I tend to cover. (Bonus points if your article touches on how to use the element you’re writing about to influence or reflect a cultural worldview, but that’s not a requirement.)

Anyway. If anyone is good with one of those topics, I’d love to have you write on it!

@william-starkey
      , I don’t know if you write articles, but I know you’re good with languages.

Don’t know who else might have relevant expertise, so I’ll just tag some folks from the “Fantasy” section. ;P If you know of anyone who might be interested, feel free to tag them!

@gracie-j
      @larchness @epicaddie2 @godlyfantasy12 @devastate-lasting @rochellaine @dekreel @notawriter @ingridrd @daughteroftheking @itsastarrynight @waterlily @kaya-young

Speculative fiction author. Mythology nerd. Singer. Worldbuilding enthusiast.

GodlyFantasy12
      @godlyfantasy12
        • Total Posts: 6645

@r-m-archer I’d have to ask my mom first, but I’d totally be willing to help out with the fashion aspect! While I’m not like a fashion expert or anything, I’d enjoy giving it a shot because I can usually see characters in my mind, including clothing.

Except…..I’m not super great and describing clothing so maybe I wouldn’t be the best choice. But I’d like to think I could help others lol.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
        #ProtectMarcel
        #ProtectSeb

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

@godlyfantasy12 If you want to give it a try, go for it! 🙂

R.M. Archer
          @r-m-archer

I can’t edit my OP, but I remembered after writing it that William is (was?) one of the regular KP writers and now I feel silly for not remembering that he does, therefore, write articles. *facepalms*

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@r-m-archer u got a deadline? Imma pray about it.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

R.M. Archer
              @r-m-archer

@godlyfantasy12 I don’t need it until May-ish. 🙂

EpicAddie2
                @epicaddie2
                  • Total Posts: 794

@r-m-archer This is awesome! I’m going to spend some time thinking about this — I do have experience with everything you mentioned except maybe language, but I’m certainly not a master at developing the things you mentioned. I do give a lot of attention to the cuisine and fashion in my novel so if I can figure out a good way to write out my process and tips I will definitely do this!

INFJ ~ 4w5
                  aldarley.wordpress.com

R.M. Archer
                  @r-m-archer

@epicaddie2 Awesome! 🙂

Linyang Zhang
                    @devastate-lasting
                      • Total Posts: 1700

@r-m-archer I don’t world-build often, so I’m afraid I can’t be of much help…but I’d love to see what you guys come up with!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                      Would you mind letting me know
                      If hours don't turn into days

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@r-m-archer Mind giving me some info for this article?

1. how long or short does it need to be? I’m new to writing for a blog lol.

2. Any specifics? Do u want me to focus on giving tips? How I do it, or what?

3. Do I submit it to u and let u review it, and how do I do that?

4. anything else you’d wanna let me know lol!

(imma try my best! And if u don’t like it plz don’t feel u have to use it lol. I’m gonna take some time since u don’t need it till May)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

R.M. Archer
                        @r-m-archer

@godlyfantasy12

1. Between 500 and 1,500 words, maybe? I think my posts usually range between about 1,000 and 2,000 words, but I have some that are longer and some that are shorter, so I’m not super picky.

2. Basically. What factors you consider when developing a culture’s fashion (resources, values, etc.), especially. Maybe where you get inspiration for fantasy clothing?

3. Yep, that’ll work! You can send it to rysa.m.archer@gmail.com. If you can put it on a Google doc that would probably be ideal, but if another format is easier then that works too. 🙂

4. Aside from the note about touching on how fashion would reflect a culture’s worldview/values if you can, I think that’s it! 🙂

Sounds good. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by R.M. Archer.

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
                          @william-starkey
                            • Total Posts: 634

@r-m-archer That sounds like a neat idea, but I don’t have a lot of time right now. I’ll think about it and see if I can come up with anything. If I do come up with anything, I’ll let you know. If I don’t, I’ll probably just never speak to you again…XD So I would just be writing about languages/other in general? Anything specific?

R.M. Archer
                            @r-m-archer

@william-starkey Something on how you build languages and how they reflect the cultures they’re attached to would be awesome, if you have the time. 🙂

(BTW, totally random question but some of the books you’ve added on Goodreads made me curious: Are you Calvinist?)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >