Lojasa my hopefully new friends:)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Lojasa my hopefully new friends:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    TheArcaneAxiom
    @thearcaneaxiom
      • Total Posts: 1254

Mae lojasa! KingdomPen ishe ivwa len. Le’ije’el lasi’ish omaleje, omialeje ivwa len. Mae sho’ijel le’ije’el eshilena len!

-translation (Good Hellos! I’m so excited to see everyone in Kingdom pen. I’m excited to share writing with you all. I hope you all have good thoughts!)

Hi! I love to do math, worldbuild, conlang(as you probably picked up), and write, and when I can, I love to do all those things at the same time! I like to search for divine, fundamental truth, and writing is a medium I can use to discuss those possible truths with a fun light of a universe completely different from our own! Can’t wait to meet you all!

Loja’i

-TheArcaneAxiom

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Light
      @lightoverdarkness6
        • Total Posts: 1627

@thearcaneaxiom

Hello there!! It’s so awesome that you’re here!! My name is Lightoverdarkness6 (Or, as you know me, Nat :)!

Wow I had no idea that you write too! @princesachronicle22 just told me last night that y’all both write!!

Okay, even tho I already know you, I’m still going to ask you a couple classic ask-the-newbie-questions 🙂 XDXD!

1. What is your current WIP about?

2. Out of your oc’s (Original Characters), which one is your favorite to write and why?

3. Is that conlang part of your world’s language?

Okay, that’s all for now. I don’t want to overwhelm you do I 😉?

I’m gonna tag some Keepers (What we call ourselves around here) to come welcome you as well! Prepare to answer a million questions 😁!!

@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @mineralizedwritings @loopylin @theloonyone @keilah-h @esther-c @orielle @felicity @sarafini @power @elishavet-pidyon @any-one-else-I’ve-forgotten

#HugRikerSquad

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 759

@thearcaneaxiom

Hazah!! You hath arriveth! Arrivethed? Oh well.

Well I’mma ask some questions that I don’t think I know the answers to!

1. What has been the funnest character for you to write/create?

2. Is there any fictional universe including your own book, that you’d want to live in?

Okay! Hey everyone! Wanna say hi to my Brother?

@mineralizedwritings
          @Folith-Feolin @loopylin @gwyndalf-the-wise @Esther-c @felicity @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @arien @orielle21 @keilah-h @starofthenorth @theloonyone @elishavet-pidyon @koshka @sarafini @otherworldlyhistorian @whalekeeper @anyone else!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2803

@thearcaneaxiom

Hello! Welcome!

Mind if I ask what Conlang is? It seems cool!

I’m mineralized writings around here, I draw, write, and make comics.

A couple ask the newbie questions:

1. Are snakes cool?

2. What is your favorite character from your writing to write and why?

3. Of all the worldbuilding you have done, what part of it (a country? location? disease?) are you most proud of making?

We are glad to have your here!

へびは かっこいい です!

Gwyndalf the Wise
            @gwyndalf-the-wise
              • Total Posts: 404

@thearcaneaxiom

Hi! *waves* Nice to meet you. @princesachronicle22 …I never knew you had a brother…XD

Some things about me:
              I like writing, drawing, music, and asking questions…

So, questions:

#1. How is it physically possible to write, do math, conlag, and worldbuild at the same time?

#2. I’d ask you about  your story, but several people already have.

#3. I’d ask what conlag is, but Min already beat me to it =)

#4. What are some of your favorite movies/tv shows?

#5. What are some of your favorite books?

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
              (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 3876

@thearcaneaxiom Hello there! Or, Mae lojasa!

@princesachronicle22
                It’s cool you have a brother on here. Mine is not a writing things person–he makes up awesome stories but he just won’t write or type them down.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3224

@thearcaneaxiom

Welcome!! So cool that you’re @princesachronicle22 ’s brother! My brother and I plan to co-author a book… sometime… hopefully soon… XD

Anywho! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!

My WIP is ya dystopian, but I have ideas for a contemporary novel, fantasy duology (partially started), his-fic novel, and 2-5 biblical fiction works!

I wouldn’t say I love math, but I find it easy and I get the best grades in it out of all my other subjects. XD That gives me an idea for the first question!

1. What is you favorite part about math? (Like: geometry, algebra, probability, fractions, etc.)

2. Besides worldbuilding (which is awesome!), what is your favorite part about writing?

3. What is your dream vacation destination?

4. Favorite dog breed? (If you like dogs, that is… 😁)

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

PrincesaChronicle22
                  @princesachronicle22
                    • Total Posts: 759

@Gwyndalf-the-wise

Yep XD

@keilah-h

Yeah I know a lot of people who love worldbuilding and stuff but not actual writing, I didn’t want to be an author for years before I started worldbuilding though, and now I love being able to display it through writing C:

What about you?

@esther-c

Your gonna co-author with your brother? Cool! We’re writing books in the same universe and magic systems, but we haven’t done any crossovers… yet

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                    And guess what? His is eternal (:

TheArcaneAxiom
                    @thearcaneaxiom

Hi Nat!

Yeah, @princesachronicle22 told me you didn’t realize before, we had a good laugh:)

As for your questions:

1. We’re both working on the same multiverse that we’re currently still tossed up on the name for. We’ve been calling the Septraverse, but it felt uninspired. So we’ve been messing with names like the Septrum, the Seether, the Seeth, the Setherum, ect. I know @princesachronicle22 probably told you a little already about it, but we both have our own “planets” we’ve been calling septrums this whole time, unless we make that the name for the universe. I put planet in quotations because they are the equivelent to planets, but they area really completely different. In reality, they are four dimensional elongated superstructures, passing through a three dimensional Euclidean space made of what we call Itherum. The three dimensional space forms a cross section for the superstructure. This makes it so that we can essentially make whatever bazar shapes for our “planets” to look like, and because of the superstructure moving though this space, we can change those shapes drastically creating bazar worlds completely unique from the others.  This is only a look into the cosmic scale of things, so I won’t get into the magic system unless prodded, because that’s a whole other can of worms. This is a first look into one of the eccentricities of this universe, but the “WIP” is essentially all of it. (I hope that made any sense)

2. I still struggle with characters, but I think that my favorite currently is one of my most recent. His name is still unknown to me, as well as his past. That being said, what makes him interesting is his struggle. He wields a sword that controls him, he has little agency in what he does. The sword’s name I do know, it is Kirrtes. Kirrtes has him rampage and assassinate. The worst part for this man however, is not only seeing the faces of the people he kills, but instead, when piercing living flesh, he experiences all their thoughts, feeling there sadness, guilt, hate, memories, ect as they take their last breaths looking at a monster. He experiences all their pain, knowing that it is by his hand, having no power to stop it. He hates Kirrtes, but hates himself as well. One must wonder who the true victim is.

There’s so many possibilities with this character to me. Though his story is dark and morbid, I think his character can be relatable, the feeling of being trapped, helpless, and self loathing, and on top, having a forced extreme empathy. I don’t know where his story will go, I have good hopes that he may find freedom somehow. I feel that his story both unique, fascinating, and in a dark way, relatable.

3. Language[s] I would say. Lasi’el is one of many languages in the world of Omialia, which is but one era within the greater septrum it’s formed from. It is a distant relative to Rrajlan, and parent language to Verna.

Thanks for the questions, sorry if my answers are a little to lengthy:)

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

Hi @princesachronicle22 !

1. As I told @lightoverdarkness6 , currently my newest character with Kirrtes.

2. Hmmmm, If I was to choose, I would probably choose the Avatar the Last Airbender universe. Because I think out of most worlds, I’m least likely to die in that one, and the magic system is just plan fun.

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom

Hi @mineralizedwritings !

A conlang is a constructed language. In this case, you saw me speak a little Lasi’el, one of many languages in my world.

1. I think snakes are cool, and very symbolic for both good and evil.

2. You can look at what I’ve mentioned to @lightoverdarkness6 .

3. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. that’s a very hard one, I’m very proud of many aspects of my and my sister’s world. There are too many layers in the math of the magic system, to the use and abuse of that magic system to create a fascinating world of places, eras, races, creatures and rocks.

Glad to be here:)

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings
                            • Total Posts: 2803

@thearcaneaxiom

wow that’s so cool you’ve made your own language!

I didn’t know your sister and you shared a world! I know some of the world-building because we are in the same character roleplay, so I’ve met Serin.

へびは かっこいい です!

TheArcaneAxiom
                            @thearcaneaxiom

Hi @gwyndalf-the-wise !

write, do math, conlag, and worldbuild

1. Great question:) What I like to do is use math to create fundamental laws in the magic and universe, and some of those laws include magical languages, or simply create a culture with different number systems and such. Then I write about it. The Vernan people are really fun for example, there number system operates with a place value of the prime numbers. This makes multiplication unthinkably easy, but then they have to deal with addition which is essentially the abc conjecture, which is currently unsolved in number theory. So they have to deal with that impossibility of addition, though a lot are too proud, many Vernan Scholars take a liking to Lasi’el numerals, because addition and multiplication are manageable.

2. I’ve referred to my worldbuilding many times already, but not quite yet the story yet. One story is set in the end of the first era in my septrum. It’s about a character, Tailen who is attacked by four dimensional beasts. They throw him back into three dimensional space, and turned out to be one of the very few that actually survived such a encounter. However, he suffers a chirality flip (meaning he became his mirror self) something only possible with four dimensional geometry. This may not seem an issue, but it’s actually a big problem. An ecosystem always develops this thing called homochirality. All dna, all chiral proteins, all sugars ,ect are made to go the same chirality to maximize efficiency. So when you become your mirror self, you are suddenly biologically incompatible with your biosphere, which essentially means that he wont die immediately, but he would slowly starve because anything he eats does nothing for him. So he must come to grips with the fact that he basically only has a month to live, does he accept it, or does he go against all odds, finding alternative ways to live…

3. As I’ve told Min, a conlang is a constructed language. Essentially creating a full functional fictional language, it’s a fun hobby that can be used for a variety of things.

4. I like Star Wars, Avatar the Last Airbender, the LoR films are great, some of the marvel films, ect.

5. I like all of Brandon Sanderson’s books so far as I’ve read them. I’ve read the first LoR, and that was awesome, To Sleep in a Sea of Stars was intriguing, I also had fun with Name of the Wind. There’s probably some others I really liked but can’t recall as of yet.

Felicity
                              @felicity
                                • Total Posts: 811

@thearcaneaxiom

Hello!

First off, that is amazing that you created a language. I love languages and am currently learning Polish. I was wondering, are the j’s in Conlang pronounced “ja” or “ya”?

Secondly, nice to meet you, princesschronicle’s brother! I love how many sibling pairs are on here.  @orielle21 is my sister.

I am a homesteader, follower of Jesus who writes Historical Fiction and some fantasy. I also enjoy languages and letters.

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Folith-Feolin
                                @folith-feolin
                                  • Total Posts: 310

@thearcaneaxiom

Hello! Your conlang is amazingly cool!  I love conlangs. Your world seems great.Nice to see another sibling pair world building together. (I’m otherworldlyhistorians twin)

Questions:

• Okay so I saw you read the name of the wind, have you read the wise man’s fear yet and what are your opinions of it

On a side note I recently finished the Blade Itself  by Joe Abercrombie which I would highly recommend (the characters development and personality is amazing) (I’m also assuming you are fine reading foul language because you read the name of the wind)

On that note I would also recommend the Poppy War series which I just started and my brother almost finished (also of similar content rating to name of the wind)

• What is your favorite place in cosmere? (I love Sanderson)
                                  • What are your tips for making a conlang (the closest thing I have done is make some expressions)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >