KP Meetups (aka Wishful Thinking)

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions KP Meetups (aka Wishful Thinking)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    valtmy
    @valtmy
      • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @catwing @dekreel @AllTrueKapeefers

Hey guys. I’ve been making vacation plans so I’m just pondering on the possibilities 😛

For me I suppose the most feasible country for me to visit is Australia. I could probably visit my relatives in Melbourne and head to Sydney etc.

As for America… Well it’ll take a full day for me just to fly there. America has never really appealed to me as a holiday destination. Not to mention there are so many states to visit if I want to maximize my time. I don’t think I’ll be traveling to America anytime soon though that is where most of you are. 🙁

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@valtmy

Well, maybe America some day. 😉 It seems like Australia is a really nice place to visit. 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@valtmy Australia seems like it’s be a nice vacation place… Except for all the dangerous animals… 😬
          Maybe you’ll voyage to America one day. 🙂
          Did you want to tag all the Aussies?

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@valtmy

You should definitely come to Australia

*nods*

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

@valtmy  What country do you live in?

I hope a KP meetup can happen some day!

You can pronounce it however you want.

valtmy
              @valtmy

@jenwriter17 @catwing

If I ever travel to America, it’ll probably be a nature sightseeing tour. Not the cities. I’d rather go to Seoul, Tokyo, Taiwan or Bangkok for a city holiday.

I’m not aware of which states each of you are in but I’m pretty sure trying to meet up with all the American Kapeefers would be a quest worthy of an adventure novel. 😛

I’ve actually been to Australia before, when I was younger.

@seekjustice

See, I am half-considering a solo trip to Australia. The itinerary is along the lines of:

– Have awkward family reunion in Melbourne
                – Head to Canberra to pursue discipleship under SeekJustice to master the art of writing faster

Depending on how long your training course is, this may or may not be substantial enough to justify a flight. Have you travelled to the other parts of Australia much? Let me know if you’re ever interested in touring your own home country. 😛

@dekreel

I am in Singapore. If, for whatever strange reason, you find yourself on this island, give me a heads-up.

A KP meetup would be lovely. What would be most feasible I think, since we’re all in different locations, would be a planned joint trip. But time, money and schedules are the limits here. 🙁

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@valtmy

I have traveled eastern and central Australia quite extensively though I’ve only been to Melbourne once. But since travelling is probably my next favourite passion to writing, I’m always open to do it again 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@valtmy  I’m still young enough to be under parental authority, and I don’t know if my parents would let me go out and meet a bunch of random online “strangers”. We don’t have the money anyway. I’m crossing my fingers for when I’m free! XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

valtmy
                    @valtmy

@seekjustice

Hm… This might actually be workable, depending on when and where. Are there any cities in particular you wish to travel to?

However, one concern that I have is with transport. Would you recommend self-driving or using public transportation to explore Australia?

@dekreel

Ah, well. I have begun working so I have a lot more flexibility in that regard. If I wanted to I could, conceivably, apply for leave next week and book a flight to almost anywhere (how much time and money I can spend there is a separate productions issue though). One of the benefits of growing up. 😛

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@valtmy

I would definitely recommend self-driving, though the train system (for travelling long distance) is pretty good. But it depends on whether you want to do a lot of sightseeing or just as a practical means of transport.

valtmy
                        @valtmy

@seekjustice

Thing is my stamina as a long distance driver is doubtful. Sightseeing is all well and good if someone else drives but I think it might be a little beyond me for a solo trip. I have an upcoming trip where I can put myself to the test so I can see how it goes. 😀 If I really can’t do it, perhaps I can check if there is a bus route or something that I can follow.

By the way is there any particular time of the year you think is ideal for travelling Australia? Because whenever you talk about the weather it always seems either very hot or very cold. 😛

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@valtmy

You could definitely do a bus tour. There’s a lot of those around.

I think the weather has more to do with the certain area I live in. Camberra area is pretty extreme. The rest of Australia is much more comfortable. But for the lower areas, Tasmania and Victoria, summer is definitely best. Further up, Queensland and Northern territory are definitely winter times. Otherwise its very humid (does it get humid in Singapore?)

valtmy
                            @valtmy

@seekjustice

All right. I’ll have to think about it. If there are any places you recommend, please let me know.

Singapore is in the tropics. It is always either very sunny or very rainy and the humidity is the constant.

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

Just wondering if anyone’s going to the Realm Makers writers conference this year. I am, and I know @catwing is (yay!), but is anyone else planning on it too? It’d be awesome to meet all of you, if only we weren’t so far apart…

@dekreel
                                @snapper @daughteroftheking @kaymart @alia @ariel-ashira @everyone

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17

@dragon-snapper @rochellaine

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >