Kingdom Pen Revamp

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Kingdom Pen Revamp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Hannah C
    @hannah-c
      • Total Posts: 362

Hey, all! Since everyone is talking about bringing back the old alma mater, I want to see how many of the original peeps are still here. Give a shout out! What are you doing, what have you done, have you published that book yet, and has anyone actually fed their dragon lately?

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@hannah-c Heya! I’m kind of sort of still here. Not often, really, unless I get tagged. But lately, I’ve been writing a ton of sci-fi, doing NaNo, finishing my 6th book, and editing another to get ready to send to agents. (!!!!!)

And I sure hope I’ve fed my dragon lately… because I am one. XD

How about you? How’s the writing going?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hannah C
        @hannah-c

@dragon-snapper that’s great! I can’t wait to see how things turn out when you send your book into the publisher! Sounds like you have really been busy.

Unfortunately, since I started an adult job I haven’t had a chance to work on my book much all summer. Hopefully I’ll be getting more of a chance soon.

I am glad you have fed your dragon self lately. I am not a dragon but I hope you people in the dragon colonies feel kindly toward us unicorns.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Hannah C.
          Snapper
          @dragon-snapper

@hannah-c Same here! It probably won’t be for quite some time yet since I just recently sent it off to betas, but one way or another I’m planning to send it to them. 😛

Oof I know how that goes, since I did work over the summer. But your book will always be there for you. <3 What’s your current WIP about?

Unicorns are some of our closest allies, tbh. They tend to empathize with the fact that people generally try to ride us, unicorns and dragons both. 😉 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hannah C
            @hannah-c

@dragon-snapper ah its the curse of the starving writer. Its either work or suffer for our art.

I have a couple in progress but the one I have been working on the longest and most is a historical fiction set during wagon train era and follows a girl and her family moving from Maine to Washington Territory. I am also working on an autobiography of sorts. What about yours?

I am glad to hear it. Of course, I am not a hundred years old yet so I have no horn and very little magic. 😉

Hannah C
              @hannah-c

@dragon-snapper ah its the curse of the starving writer. Its either work or suffer for our art.

I have a couple in progress but the one I have been working on the longest and most is a historical fiction set during wagon train era and follows a girl and her family moving from Maine to Washington Territory. I am also working on an autobiography of sorts. What about yours?

I am glad to hear it. Of course, I am not a hundred years old yet so I have no horn and very little magic. 😉

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper

@hannah-c ;-; A sad curse indeed, though a necessary one. 😛

That sounds awesome! I wasn’t ever able to get into historical fiction, though it’s really interesting to read. <3 And an autobiography. That sounds fun too! Good luck with both of them.

Rn I’m writing a science fiction set in a world that is torn between industrialism and environmentalism, and the boy who gets caught in the crossfires between both beliefs. Poor guy. XD

Ah well, you’ll get there eventually I’m sure. In the meantime, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying being a small unicorn or dragon. …. I, for one, still melt chairs. It’s a habit I should break, that’s for sure, but I have little to no interest in hoarding gold.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Alia
                  @alia
                    • Total Posts: 1253

@hannah-c

I’m here whenever school lets me. It is a cruel master, leaves me no time to myself

WIP - Decisions
                    Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Hannah C
                    @hannah-c

@dragon-snapper thanks!
                      <p style=”text-align: left;”>Wow! I am not usually interested in Sci-fi but that sounds interesting! What a great idea. Your poor, confused MC. 😊</p>

Well we all have our faults. Yours is better than burning down houses or raiding defenseless villages but your legs must get awfully tired.

Hannah C
                      @hannah-c

@dragon-snapper thanks!
                        <p style=”text-align: left;”>Wow! I am not usually interested in Sci-fi but that sounds interesting! What a great idea. Your poor, confused MC. 😊</p>

Well we all have our faults. Yours is better than burning down houses or raiding defenseless villages but your legs must get awfully tired.

Hannah C
                        @hannah-c

@alias alas, we all have one of some sort. How is your book?

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

@Hannah_C Thank you! I’ve been writing sci-fi for the past … four year now, I think, and I can’t seem to get myself out of it! XD Yeah, he has a struggle with it. Because #evil_author

Very true, both of those things. I mean, if my legs get tired I can just use my wings, and I don’t dare to melt couches. Chairs … now those can be spared.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Hannah C
                            @hannah-c

@dragon-snapper I am the same way with writing in first person. Its hard to get out of it.

A great affliction, indeed. May I ask, how do you sleep?

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@hannah-c We all have our habits, or hobbits. XD

I mean, as a dragon, I generally like to just chill by the fireplace, though sometimes I just cozy up on a mound of fleece blankets.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

Hey @Hannah-C! I’m still here. 😀 Not really here, but didn’t turn off notifications and just pop in every rare once in a while to see if it’s still alive. And that book’s going nowhere, cuz I’m that not-writer and there is no book. ;P (Although I’m still just as obsessed with my sister’s book(s).) But I do still read as many books as I can! It’s overwhelming, the amount of interesting things there are to read in the world—fiction and nonfiction—but also nice to know that I’ll never ever run out of good reading material.

I’m also very seriously looking into starting a proofreading business. I don’t have an official “business” of it yet, though I have done some as business so far. Definitely looking into making it more of a main thing. (*coughcough* BECAUSE I NEED MONEY *cough* AHEM but yeah. It’s also somewhat enjoyable [esp. cuz you get to help people], and something to focus/vent my detail-orientation on.)

And my sister Kate is my dragon, and yes, she has been fed lately (though sometimes she must be reminded ;P ).

You read any awesome things lately?

Hope you get more time to work on your book. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >