Kindly critique this, will you?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Kindly critique this, will you?

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ingrid
    @ingridrd
      • Total Posts: 830

Okay, guys.  I got brave and decided to share the prologue from the first draft of my fantasy novel, Substitute.  Since it’s obviously the opening of the book, I want to know if you guys would keep reading.  And please add grammar mistakes/rewording edits.  I love your advice!!!  🙂

Here goes nothing…

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lq-iOwj5wRlYc5BqQ2jLY4IAvQxuEbinVzTJzVQkhv4/edit

And I’ve never really used Google docs before, so could someone tell me how you can let other people suggest?  I think I figured it out, but let me know.

@jenwriter17
      @epicaddie2 @seekjustice @dekreel @daughteroftheking @that_writer_girl_99 @anyone

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

Just requested access!!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

EpicAddie2
        @epicaddie2
          • Total Posts: 794

@dekreel I don’t think you turned the sharing on, just copy and pasted the link. There’s a blue button in the top right corner that says share, and a little thing will pop up where you can add emails to share it with. And right above that (I believe in the top right but I’m not 100% sure) there’s an option to turn link sharing on. Turn it on and it’ll copy the link and turn the sharing options on. 😉

INFJ ~ 4w5
          aldarley.wordpress.com

Ingrid
          @ingridrd

@epicaddie2  Yep, I think I figured it out now!  Thanks muchly.  🙂

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2
              • Total Posts: 794

@ingridrd I just realized I tagged the wrong person. *facepalm* It was super early in the morning, okay? XD

I just finished reading it, and it was really good! I would totally continue reading!

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99
                • Total Posts: 1819

Left a few comments under the username DragonFire026. Great start so far, Ingrid!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira
                  • Total Posts: 739

@ingridrd Oh my goodness!!!  I would totaly keep reading!  How could anyone put a book like that down!?  I want to read the next part!!!

Um, yeah, great first chapter!  Makes my first chapter sound as dry as the Sahara.

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
                  @jenwriter17
                    • Total Posts: 2522

@ingridrd Yay! I’ll read it too! I just requested access 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                    www.jennaterese.com

NC Stokes
                    @daughteroftheking
                      • Total Posts: 1156

@ingridrd The suspense! I’m so excited to read about this Jaclyn I’ve heard so much about. I really enjoyed it and would gladly keep reading. One thing, if you could add a little more about what she is feeling during the chapter, that’d be great. I can already get a good feel for the overall mood, which is excellent, (something I’m having trouble mastering myself), and I can imagine how frustrating it must be for Jaclyn to be in that situation, but a smidgen more internal diolouge might be good. I don’t know that for certain, though, you might want to play around with it a little bit. Ana sounds super cool!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ingrid
                      @ingridrd

@that_writer_girl_99  Thanks for the feedback…very helpful!

@ariel-ashira
                          YESS!!! Oh, I’m so glad you liked it!

@daughteroftheking
                          Thank you kindly.  And yes, those are some good points.  *strokes chin*

Ariella Newheart
                        @ariella-newheart
                          • Total Posts: 141

@ingridrd I really like this! I would definitely keep reading. 😀

INFJ. An extroverted introvert who loves to write and draw.

*disappears into the shadows*

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >