Introducing Myself

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing Myself

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

Hello Everyone,

I’m Daeus Lamb. I’m new to this sight, but very much enjoying it. I skipped over this introduction section when I first started out, but I imagine that when this forum was created the words “Start here” were intended to mean start here, so just pretend that I actually made this post a while ago.

I live in London, OH and am the oldest of six children. The two things I love to do best are gardening, and (of course) writing. My other passions are too long to list. So far I have written three short stories, about 40 poems, and am working on a novel (historical fiction). My favorite genre is, yes, historical fiction.

My dream is to own and operate a ridiculously polycultural approx. 10 acre farm and write in the winter.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Reagan Ramm
      @reaganramm
        • Total Posts: 110

Hey Daeus! Good to “see” you again! 😛

How have you guys been doing?

Glad to have you on the forum!

My Music:
        AndromedaCoastMusic.com

Learn Music Production:
        OrpheusAudioAcademy.com

Daeus
        @daeus

Hi Reagan,

We are doing fabulously, like always. I’m really enjoying the cool summer this year;)

How’s Florida? Have you gone crocodile hunting yet?

This is a great site. The only problem with it is I will sometimes choose seeing how things are going on over here above actually writing. Oh well though. Quality writing is better than quantity writing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rachel Lester
          @waterandpen
            • Total Posts: 40

Hello Daeus!

Forty poems? Shoot! Have you thought about publishing a poetry collection? What kind of historical novel are you working on?

Cheers!
            Rachel Lester

Daeus
            @daeus

@Rachel Lester

Yikes, somehow I missed this. Sorry for taking (oh my. It can’t be) almost a month to get back to you.

I have thought about publishing a poetry collection, but poetry doesn’t sell very well as a rule you know. I’m planing to mainly use my poetry as a hook to bait potential novel readers (see my post on Marketing and Platform). I’m also placing a short little stanza or two at the beginning of each chapter in my novel, so in a way I actually will be publishing a poetry collection. A book entirely dedicated to poetry though is something down the road.

The novel story takes place from about 1960 to 1710. It is mainly in England but also has portions in France and probably the Netherlands or Germany. The plot is somewhat of a combination of my favorite books (The Count of Monte Cristo, A tale of two cities, and Ben-Hur) with plenty of originality as well. I just started, but I already know basically what is going to happen.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >