Introducing Me – LRC

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing Me – LRC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LRC
    @lrc
      • Total Posts: 30

Introducing Me – LRC

Hello, as the title so clearly suggests (yes I’m sooooo great with titles, can’t you tell? My stories weep because there is not an epic enough name for most of them yet), I have made a new topic to introduce myself. Some of you I have already met.

Someday when I am published (who knows when, lol, my writing process is pretty slow with so much going in my life right now), I will probably have a pen name. For now, you can call me L. 🙂

@shannoncv

^^^^This one I know in real life 😀

@selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

@dragon-snapper

@kathleenramm

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin

I’m just copying and pasting some stuff I said to you all, lol.

*ahem* Let me introduce myself. I *probably* live in medieval England ’round the 1400s, am the oldest child of 7, homeschool graduate, recent convert to loving cats, drinker of tea, and writer of two huge WIPs for the past 6 years.

Pick out the exaggeration if you’d like. Or leave it in. Apparently there’s a dragon here who can type with her hands and likes to blow up chairs for the mere fun of it, so living in the rolling hills of medieval England (or Wales, I can’t decide) isn’t too far out there.

I’m one of those people who never joined KP in the golden days but did a whole bunch of stalking instead 😀 So pardon me but I feel like I know a ton of you.

So, I write historical fiction and modern fiction. I also have an account on Story Embers but it’s always felt a little….uh, well, I don’t know. Rubs me the wrong way somehow.

Plus it’s packed full of people now anyway, and most of them are fantasy writers. Not to offend all fantasy folks, but I could totally start an argument in favor of HF over fantasy. XD But I suppose we must learn to coexist. *takes deep breath*

ANYWAY. Talk to me 😀 I’ll try my best to get back to you as quick as I can. I normally have access to a computer around 7:00 at night, just fyi.

LRC
      @lrc

@everyone

Because others will probably ask:

My first and oldest WiP is set in the mid 1400s and is about the Wars of the Roses, an English medieval civil war. Main theme is loyalty, where to put your loyalty and if/when it’s ever okay to break your word and the consequences of doing so. (As well as others).

There’s about 8 (or 10?) main characters, spread out over 14 or so books. Yes, I am crazy. It’s basically a Saga. Tells the story of the wars, has a lot of historical figures as main characters. Also there’s a mysterious wandering minstrel, because of course there is.

I’ve been working on that one for 6 years, it’s taking a lot of time to develop and plan out in my head, and will take even more time to actually draft. That’s where I’m at now, basically, waiting for my life to settle down a tad so I can focus on drafting.

My second WiP is set in the modern day and has some heavier topics at the forefront. It’s about a girl, Joelle, who discovers she was born out of wedlock and has older brothers she didn’t know about. It’s very much a relationship-driven story, and is about the brothers (Marcel, Jeremy, and Sheldon) just as much as Joelle. Of course there’s action here and there—Marcel is a CIA agent, Jeremy is a detective, and Sheldon works for a space agency—but the growth of brotherly and sisterly love is the real deal.

Themes: sins of the past have consequences, but it is possible to move forward and into healing. Those are the main ones, but confidence, unconditional love, and submission are sub themes. Shining as a light, which is a concept very precious to me, is also there too.

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah
          • Total Posts: 245

@lrc

Yas, you found it! *wipes sweat off brow*

Man, your WIPs still sound so cool. XD And you say you have computer access at 7 pm, but that may or may not help depending upon where you live. 😛 I’m in north Idaho, so Pacific time zone, but a bunch of people are on the other side of the US. Or not in the US. XD But if we were on here at the same time, it’d be super cool to do word wars if you wanted to…

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
          @william-starkey
            • Total Posts: 634

@lrc Hello again, L! Welcome to the Kingdom of the Pen that you’ve been stalking for such a long time, but now are finally here and can now talk with the people whose comments you’ve been reading so long so that you practically know who they are!

(Should I go back on the Wales rant?) XD

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 40

@LRC Hello dear! Who would have thought the day would come when I saw you on here. For everyone wondering, she is probably the most dedicated KP stalker in the world. Like she literally introduced herself to me in a live video chat that Josiah did awhile back and she knew everything I’d ever done on here….so beware lol.

LRC
              @lrc

@leon-fleming Oh do indeed go on a Wales rant! We shall see if I can out-Wales you, I’ve become quite the student of Welsh culture at this point. 😉  It’s just so beautiful, despite some obvious disagreements with it, lol.

@shannoncv True story, that 😉  Thankfully we had a mutual friend or else neither of our parents would have allowed us to become pen pals lol. We became writing pals and then close friends in real life. Amazing how God brings people into our lives in strange ways, but just when we need them.

But also, yes, beware. 😉

@selah-chelyah
                Haha true! I’m basically in the middle of the middle of the middle of the U.S. So Central time, lol. Word wars would be fun sometime! I can’t promise anything though, I have a day job (I work for some extended family in their little home business) so I rarely have time to write nowadays. I’m around in the afternoon/evening but I’m normally tired and just focus on family time for now. My job ends within the next two months, so I’ll have more time in summer. 🙂

Kathleen
                @kathleenramm
                  • Total Posts: 635

@lrc

Wow! 14 book saga?!

That is no easy feat!

Do you ever plan on publishing any of your books? It sounds like you write the kind of stories that I would really like to read!

Characters and relationships are EVERYTHING to me in a story.

And tbh it gets harder and harder to find a good books these days. It would be awesome if you published them one day. 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Kathleen.
                  LRC
                  @lrc

@kathleenramm

I know, I’m crazy. 😀 But it looks so beautiful in my head…!

If I am able to scrape up all the time to write them, I will publish them, yes—gotta have some way to pay for my valuable time, lol. Probably self publish, but who knows.

I’ll keep you in mind for beta reader and/or writer pal if you don’t mind then. 😀 I always need new encouragement and excitement!

It really is hard. And the Wars of the Roses time of history has had sooooo many bad books written about it, I decided one day that I would save my favorite historical thing by writing the best, most detailed fiction-ized history story that has been done.

But alas, I sometimes wonder if I will be working on this until I am 60 😀

Selah CJW
                    @selah-chelyah
                      • Total Posts: 245

@lrc

Oh, cool! Yeah, that’s about the time when I’m gonna have to quit writing for a few months. XD

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

@william-starkey

@lrc Haha! Yeah; though I’ll bet you’ll beat me with the culture-thing. I’ve only really studied in brief the Welsh language. But I am part Welsh, if that helps, I guess?

Kathleen
                        @kathleenramm

@lrc

When it comes to writing, reading bad books is a lot of the time more motivating than reading good ones!

It’s good to know that someone is doing that time period justice.

I would love to be a beta reader/writer pal if you ever need one!

Though I tend  have a lot of thoughts when it comes to books. I can read one page and write a whole essay about it. XD

LRC
                          @lrc

@kathleenramm That’s exactly what I LOVE in a writing pal/beta reader, lol. You wanna read a bit of my writing? I pass it out to writing friends so they can get a sense of what I write/how I write. I’d love all your thoughts and am perfectly open to critics 😀

(do you have an email I could share a google document with? Not sure how we normally do this around here when we have disguised names…)

LRC
                            @lrc

@leon-fleming

*freaks out because a real PART WELSHMEN is standing right there*

Sir Leon, my dear sir, you continue to entertain us here in the Royal Kingdom of Writerly Writers. When I finally finish my story I shall be sure to pass it along to you because there will be some spoken welsh in there and your little bit of knowledge may help in that regard, lol. I have no knowledge of it and can only barely trust Google Translate 😀 It’s a good place holder, if nothing else.

@william-starkey

@LrC Well, I do try! XD Woah! Cool; that sounds interesting! I’ll brush up on my Welsh!

Kathleen
                                @kathleenramm

@lrc

Yes! I’d love to read some of your writing and give some of my thoughts!

Maybe sometime in the future you could read some of mine as well if you want to. The more critiques the better!

Here’s my email: Kjoy2803@gmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >