Into His Marvelous Light

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Into His Marvelous Light

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

@godlyfantasy12

You see, the Holy Ghost (Jesus’ spirit) DID NOT COME live within us until Jesus was CRUCIFIED.

Ah, I see. I just can’t identify any Biblical basis for speaking in tongues as evidence of salvation. As Adventists don’t believe that – I suppose it’s just where we differ from Pentecostals.

You mentioned the Apostles mentioning it in their writings. Well, that’s simple. Their letters were written to churches, and read aloud in the congregations to those who were already saved.

The epistles, especially the book of Romans, still discussed salvation at length and in-depth. Surely they would have mentioned tongues.

I know we have different beliefs, and I don’t want to offend. My only concern is salvation, and that is all that I care about, because I honestly just love people and want them to be saved.

Aw, and I really appreciate that a lot!! It’s incredibly kind of you to witness to me about your beliefs out of love for others and concern for their salvation. I’m grateful for that.

Also yes I’m so glad God still does miracles woop woop!!

Same here!

have you ever heard of the Azuza street revival?!

I haven’t, sounds cool though!

The Lord is amazing!!

He absolutely is!

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

This has been an interesting read. @godlyfantasy12 I enjoyed the part (section 2 of the study I believe?) about the Samaritans not receiving the Holy Ghost until Peter came. It was a nice reminder. @joy-caroline It was neat to hear about Seventh-Day Adventists. I don’t really know a lot about other denominations so it’s kinda cool to learn about them.

Question: Do y’all believe someone can be lost after they’ve been saved? What verses do you use to support your belief? (I believe “yes”, but not sure where in the Bible it talks about it.)

Fun fact, @godlyfantasy12 did you know that you are baptist (using the strict definition)?  So I’m guessing you’re a Oneness Apostle Classic Pentecostal Baptist Holiness Christian. Am I right? 😁

You will love what you spend time with.

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@power

hola!!

glad u found it interesting!!! Just to let you know,btw, it wasn’t Peter who brought about the Holy Ghost, so there’s no confusion. He just taught on it lol

I do believe that someone can be lost after being saved. There is no once saved always saved, otherwise there is no purpose for church. No purpose for serving Christ after salvation (other then feeling good about yourself on earth and helping others but u know what I mean) and no purpose for the Apostles’ letters after Acts. Most of the subjects in the Letters after Acts that were written to the churches deals with what to do after being saved, how to act and be morally right and such, and why would they need to deal with those things if you’re always saved and can no longer sin in God’s eyes?

Paul himself believed he could be lost if he didn’t continue to live right, in first

Corinthians 9:27

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Matthew 7:20-23

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Hope that helps steady ur belief!!! (:

Not sure what the strict definition of Baptist is but I’m not a Baptist. The other stuff is correct I’m Apostolic Pentecostal, oneness and holiness believing, but I’m not Baptist.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Power
          @power

The strict definition of a baptist is a member of a Protestant Christian denomination advocating baptism only of adult believers (by this it means someone who is conscious, so no babies) by total immersion. So actually you are Oneness and Baptist in baptism. 😉 Also thanks for the verses!

Power
            @power

Please forgive me if I sounded facetious, over bold, or nosey. Perhaps I should have introduction myself in more detail. I am also an Apostolic Pentecostal. It’s neat to know that I am not the only one on here (besides my sisters).

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1379

@power

I’m glad you enjoyed the discussion! I love talking about my faith, so if you ever want to ask any questions, just let me know. 🙂 And by the way, hello; I don’t think you and I have talked much on the forum before.

I believe that after being saved, it is impossible for a person to be lost. Once we belong to Jesus, no power in heaven or on earth can ever tear us away from His arms. The verse I usually refer people to in regard to this subject is 1 John 2:19 – “They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.” I believe that when the Bible speaks of people who have turned away from the faith, it is always this situation: those people were never really a part of the faith at all.

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

@power

I just know the Baptist churches I know of believe in the trinity and things 🤷🏻‍♀️ But anyway, no problem for the verses!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@power and u don’t sound snooty, don’t worry!!! (;

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Koshka
                    @koshka
                      • Total Posts: 1424

Just wanted to hop on here, say hi, and ask if I can quietly join. I’ve been wanting to learn how to give a Bible study.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

@koshka

Of course you can!! I’ve finished my Into His Marvelous Light Study with Joy, but if you’d like me to teach you a Bible study, I’d be happy to!! I’d probably start a new forum post if that’s ok. (:

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@koshka I haven’t taught many Bible studies myself so it would be more practice for me as well 😊

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

Koshka
                          @koshka

Whatever you would prefer. I’m a pentacostal also, and I’m trying to figure out how to teach Bible studies. I have only ever seen Search for Truth, and was interested in how this one worked. If you want to teach it again I would be happy to learn!

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@koshka gotcha!! Well here is a link to that Bible study! It’s called into his marvelous light!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

The link doesn’t wanna go thru, but u can find the PDF online!’

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

Koshka
                                @koshka

Thank you so much!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >