Inspirational nonfiction books for teens?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Inspirational nonfiction books for teens?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379

Hey KeePers!

Yes, I know my book ideas are all over the place. But I enjoy writing other things when I have free time and am finished with my writing for the day on TAS and The Anointed. When you love writing, you have to do it in your free time too!

So anyways, I was just curious if you guys have any opinions on inspirational nonfiction books for teens. Like, on the Christian life. Are there any topics you, as a teen, would like to read a book on? (Like issues that teens face or just something in their Christian life. Anything really!)

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

@joy-caroline I don’t read much teen nonfiction, but I know Sadie Robertson has a few great books out there! I flipped through her newest book Live, which I got for my cousin, and it seemed fantastic!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Elizabeth
        @lewilliams
          • Total Posts: 252

@joy-caroline What an excellent question! Are you thinking of picking up a nonfiction project? Because that would be so cool 😀

Thinking back to when I was a teen (wow that makes me sound old), I wish I would have found more encouragement-heavy inspirational books. Like, the encouragement that one is loved and known by God, etc., if that makes sense.

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous

@gracie-j

I should check her out!

Yeah, I actually don’t read much teen nonfiction either. I prefer adult nonfiction, and I’ve really enjoyed the books I’ve read from John Piper. I also love missionary biographies, real-life stories, and the Guideposts devotionals. I’ve also really enjoyed Ellen G. White (she played a huge role in the Adventist church). But yeah, none of those books are really for teens…

Anonymous

@lewilliams

Yes, I actually have been thinking of a nonfiction project in my free time! I mostly write fiction of course, but lately have been getting more into nonfiction. I feel like there isn’t much interesting nonfiction for teens to enjoy.

Hmm, known by God could make a really good theme for a book. I’ll have to think about that, thanks!

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@joy-caroline Totally gonna ignore your post to me…a nonfiction project? Coolio!! I’ve actually been toying with a few myself, but *shrugs* I dunno. What would yours be about??

Back to your reply to me…XD When I do read nonfiction, I definitely prefer adult. As a homeschooler (who considers herself wise enough to know better than to do stupid things), I don’t really fit into the advice most teen books do. So I read theology. *shrugs* I read The Cost of Discipleship last year, and it was spectacular! I hope to read some of C.S. Lewis’s nonfiction, which I’ve been wanting to do for years now.

My suggestion would be to go to Christian Book Distributers’ website and scroll through their selection of books. I use their site as my to-read guide!

Anonymous

@gracie-j

I have no idea what it could be about, lol. But I feel that there aren’t that many good books for teens that they would actually be interested in reading. (Too many teen nonfictions are boring or just seem stiff.) Also, I feel teens respond better to someone in their age group writing for them rather than an adult. (Cause adults don’t understand… lol.)

Same! I nearly always read theology, and pretty much no teen stuff. You should read C.S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity. I love that book – he is such a good writer!

Thanks, I’ll look it up!

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@joy-caroline I know I would LOVE to read a nonfiction written by you! That would be so awesome! You could do a study all about Paul or something…just a suggestion.

Anonymous

@gracie-j

Thanks! 😀

I was actually thinking of trying out a “letter to the Romans for teens” thing, but I don’t think I am quite that theologically advanced 😂 To put it very mildly, Paul was an extremely knowledgeable man. But it’d be cool if someday I could do a nonfiction to go along with TAS. Like a study guide that covers all the events in TAS! Idk. XD

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@joy-caroline Yeah, that might be a little difficult, but that would be SO cool!!! And a study guide for TAS–just what I was thinking!

Anonymous

@gracie-j

Lol, agreed. But something to go along with TAS would be fun!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >