I’m not sure how to get started

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE I’m not sure how to get started

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lady PenDragon
    @lady-pendragon
      • Total Posts: 19

Greetings.

I’m sort of new around here, except I used to hang around about two/three years ago. But I had trouble getting involved and I just kinda faded away because I didn’t know what to do around here.

Any tips for actually getting involved?

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

Hi  @lady-pendragon! (I really like your username btw)

I’m one of the Stewards of Pen, and it’s great to have you back on the forum and I am glad to hear that you are interested in getting involved. The community aspect is one of the main things we wish to emphasize here at Kingdom Pen.

Here are some of things you can do to get involved:

1. The Forum

Here on the forum writers discuss all things story related. From plotting and characters, to even illustration and music creation.

Every Friday there is a new “Forum topic of the week”. This is usually a question about writing for KeePers to answer and discuss. Here’s the link to that if you want to check it out: https://kingdompen.org/forums/forum/general-site-info/topic-of-the-week/

2. KP Critiques 

KP Critiques is an where you send in an excerpt from one of your stories and the Stewards of Pen give feedback on it. We cover the basics like grammar and such, but also feedback on description, dialogue, prose, and much more! To learn more about KP critiques here is a link to a post explaining it: https://kingdompen.org/kp-critiques-relaunched/

And if you want to check out the latest KP Critique here the link to that as well: https://kingdompen.org/kp-critiques-something-like-courage/

3. Monthly picture prompt contests
        At the beginning of each month I send out a picture in Kingdom Pen’s weekly newsletter.  Then anybody who wants to join, writes a short story based off of the picture and sends it to the Stewards of Pen. At the end of the month, we choose the best one out of all the submissions and feature it in the next newsletter to be read and enjoyed by KeePers around the world! (The details and logistics are included in the newsletter).

4. Submissions 

Kingdom Pen accepts poetry, short stories, and blog articles to be edited, posted and promoted on the website!

If you are interested in having your any of your work published, here’s the link to the the submission guidelines: https://kingdompen.org/submissions/

5. Kingdom Pen Census

We want to make Kingdom Pen the best it can be, so if you have any feedback on what you think would make Kingdom Pen even more awesome, we have a survey under the community tab for your ideas, hopes, and dreams you have for Kingdom Pen’s future. Here’s the link to the survey if you want to share your feedback: https://kingdompen.org/census/

All feedback is greatly appreciated. 🙂

Hope this helps and gives you an idea of how you can get involved! Again, great to have you back!

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
        @william-starkey
          • Total Posts: 634

@lady-pendragon Hello, Penny-Plated Dragon Person! Welcome back to the Kingdom.

I, also, am a Steward of the Pen, and, although I can’t exactly give an as in-depth study into the involvements of Kingdom Pen as Kathleen here has, I can further her points and add that, along with our supercalifragilisticexpialidocious café, our excellent blog, and our Forum, there are many other things with which to involve yourself (as your’s truly has done).

Also, we hear at the Kingdom pretty well. That is to say, the loudspeakers are set in very strategic positions.

Now. On to my introductory/interrogation questions.

Do you like writing, or do you do it for lack of anything better to do? Are you a puppy person? Do you prefer hot-sauce to ketchup, or mustard to mushrooms? What sorts of writing to you write specifically? Do you write poetry? AM I THE ONLY PERSON ON HERE WHO LIKES WRITING EPIC POETRY? AM I ALONE IN THIS?!!!

…Pardon me, I’m listening to the Man of Steel soundtrack instrumental music by Hans Zimmer; it’s pretty great. Very dramatic, loud, and inspirational writing-wise. And very Hans Zimmerish.

Do you like Chow-chow dogs? (The Chinese people used to eat those…they might still eat them, I’m not sure.) Do you like blood-hounds? St. Bernards? Large, furry animals? Whales? Fantasy genres? Mystery genre? Poetry? Books? Coffee? (That should keep ya busy for a while…XD)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >