*honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

@emma-flournoy Dreamlander is so good! I love The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales too!

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

Helloooo, @faithdk. 🙂 Yeah I know, there sure are a few musicians on here! Noooo…I’ve not read The Door Within trilogy…what’s it like?

@Hope
        YES! I finished Dreamlander this afternoon, and I cried a ton, but I liked it very much. The ending!!! As with all books, there were some things I didn’t like about it…but yes. It’s good. 😉
        And The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, though there are some parts in both that take a good bit of concentration (and looking at maps 😉 ) to get through. :/

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
        Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

@Emma-Flournoy

As with all books, there were some things I didn’t like about it…

All books? *sniff* You… you mean… y-you mean even *sniffsniff* mine? *chin quivers, huge brown eyes widen and pool with tears*

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy

@Kate-Flournoy

Yup. Even yours. But everything I dislike about books isn’t necessarily major. You know that. It could be something as minor as…overused sentence structures… 😛

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy

Oh and @Rolena-Hatfield …did you really go tap dancing on London’s rooftops?! Like, real London roofs? Is that…a thing?! Was it fun?

And how old are you by the way?

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

@Emma-Flournoy *cringe* okay, okay, you have a point… don’t rub it in; I try my best. 😉

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

Aaaaaaand Kate and I have a reputation for cracking people up, so if you’re fragile, stay away.

@Emma-Flournoy
                  – No cracking people up. I have had a lovey time not having to fix up problems. *I have been knighted a doctor and I have been very busy with gavels, your sister, @kate-flournoy, was always slamming them down on @daeus’s hand.*

But anyway, welcome to KP. *horrified gasp* You beat us all to saying the famous line!!!!!! *wails loudly and tries to cheer self up with everlasting cookies.*

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

Hi @bluejay. Oh that’s right, you’re the forum doctor! Hm…yes, I remember those gavel-slamming episodes.
                    Well, I’ll try my best not to seriously harm anyone. :p

Yes, I did. I beat all of you. *satisfied smirk*

BlueJay
                    @bluejay

@Emma-flournoy, So, you’ve read the Lord of the Ring, I take it you’ve read the Hobbit then? I just finished it. It was a very good book, but with very long chapters. Do you read John Flanagan books? I just finished off the six Brotherband book – Ghostfaces, today. Very funny, but a bit sad too. But I like to cry at books, and movies too. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

@bluejay
                        Yes, I’ve read The Hobbit. It is very good. Wasn’t it so funny? But so sweet and sad at Thorin and Bilbo’s last scene? Have you watched the movies, or read and watched TLotR? In some ways for both, the movies are better than the book, but over all the books are better. 😉 Not surprising, considering Tolkien wrote the books, and not the movies. 😛

No, I haven’t heard of him. Ghostfaces?! What are his books like, and what genre?

Rolena Hatfield
                        @rolena-hatfield
                          • Total Posts: 405

@emma-flournoy Yes I really did. Yes it’s a thing. And yes it was fun.
                          Okay, okay so I was pretending to tap dance on London’s Roof but they say when you’re acting in a play to pretend you’re really there to make it believable for your audience. It was for the show Mary Poppins and I was a chimney sweep/creepy toy/statue/kite dancer. Being a chimney sweep was my favorite 🙂 I’ve never been so dirty on stage before smudged with all the soot and grime. Yummy!
                          And I’m 20.
                          Oh and I call my vi Ashani because that’s the name my little brother help me come up with for it. 😀 He also just help me come up with Jard for my innkeeper on my latest WIP like two minutes ago. He’s pretty fantastic.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Rolena Hatfield
                          @rolena-hatfield
                            • Total Posts: 405

Wait a minute! Why doesn’t your vi have a name?! Poor thing it’s been nameless all this time…@Emma-flournoy

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

@rolena-hatfield

Oh! Okay. That makes sense. 😛

…but they say when you’re acting in a play to pretend you’re really there to make it believable for your audience.

Yup, pretty true! @kate-flournoy would heartily agree.

Nothing like family members when you need help brainstorming. 😉 Is your WIP a fantasy? Jard sounds like a fantasy name. 🙂

BlueJay
                              @bluejay

@emma-flournoy
                                Oh, Thorin and Bilbo last moment together was…*starts to tear up* well, it was…*gulps for breath, tears slide unbidden down cheeks* I think you know what it was like.
                                I have only seen one scene from TLotR. I haven’t read the book or watched the movies.

John Flanagan writes hero-action stories. We fix up some of the language in his books, but they are entertaining, none the less. His has two series, one is The Ranger’s Apprentice and the other is Brotherband. Great books, well worth reading. 🙂
                                And Ghostfaces were a group of men who painted they faces white to scare their enemies, which are actually the good guys in the book. It is not about the ghosty spirity things that don’t exist. 🙂

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy

@rolena-hatfield

My poor violin. I can hear it weeping in the other room. 😉
                                  Well, naming objects is fun, I think; I guess just never thought to give this one a name. Kate named one of our other ones, but not my favorite one that’s ‘mine’. 🙂 Maybe I should call it Thaine, what? He’s the MC in one of @kate-flournoy ‘s future books, and that book is called Nameless. Is that funny or what?

Kate? I don’t know. I don’t love Thaine as much yet as some of your other characters, so I don’t know if I could do that. :/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >