Hiya! :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya! :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hannah C
    @hannah-c
      • Total Posts: 362

Haha I was only teasing! ?

HC

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

I cannot make myself procrastinate to save my life.

Wait a minute. You’re the one who needs to be sharing the secrets. I love to write, but I always feel a hesitation to unless I have a solid stretch of time. I feel like I need a while to get in the writing mood before I get serious. I wish I could just sit down at my computer and start typing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hannah C
        @hannah-c
          • Total Posts: 362

Yes @Kate I agree with @Daeus. Give us tips!

HC

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

Whoa, yikes… I don’t know if I have any tips. I don’t think I’m ever not in the mood to write. Give me five minutes between when the dryer timer goes off and the dishes need washing, and I’ll sit down and type, type, type as fast as I can until I have to go do something else. There’s never a time when I feel like I need to get in the mood to write, and five minutes will do just as well as fifty.
            I guess my stories are just so much a part of me that I never lose my sense of them. They’re always on my mind in some way, even if its just a subconscious, back-of-the-mind dialogue with a character while I’m up and about and doing the daily stuff. Everything I see reminds me of something in my books, so it’s impossible for me to forget them or slip out of the mood to immerse myself in them as soon as I can.
            So… sorry. No tips. Unless it’s this— talk to your characters. I don’t know how many times I’ve said that, but I’m saying it again. Do it. You won’t regret it.
            Or even better (and I realize this is going to confirm my reputation as a nut) be a character. Take one of your characters and act them out for a day. Just be them in your mind. I even go so far as to talk in character, and boy do my family think I’m crazy.

They should be used to it by now.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

Actually it may also have to do with the impossible deadlines I set for myself— right now, I am angling to finish an eleven book series before I turn twenty, which is four years from now. Who knows if I’ll make it, but for now I’ll try for all I’m worth.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >