Hi, fellow weird writers…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi, fellow weird writers…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2581

I’m Hannah, aka WhaleKeeper. Nice to meet you! (How do you compliment a writer, anyway? ‘By the way, I really like the way your adjectives shine this morning.’ ‘Oh, how thoughtful, your stylistic elements are just spiffing!’ I repeat, how?)

Anyway, I’m a Christian teen writer like the rest of you, and after trying out YWW, I heard about this pleasant corner of the internet.

My primary genre for writing is middle grade fiction, despite being a highschooler – and still fully enjoying YA and adult, might I add. There’s something about the genre that makes me joyful, even when I’m having a bad day. For example, my latest project is something I call Whale Keepers, which explores the deep love of family. And pancakes.

I love ChiCkEnS, cream pies, and all things filled with wonder.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Power
      @power
        • Total Posts: 292

@whalekeeper

Weird Writers? 🧐 Are we truly weird, or was that comment a blatant falsehood created so that I may despise it with all my liverworts? If it is true, then why is it not well know? (Or perhaps my knowing just doesn’t know this truth, therefore it is unknown to my knowing.) Alas! Shall there every be an answer to this deep theological question? Mayhaps someday, Day some haps may! . . . Ok I’m done. Y’all have fun.

Insincerely,

Power

a.k.a The Black Mongoose

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@whalekeeper. Hello Hannah, and welcome to Kingdom Pen! 😄 Wonderful to meet you! (Haha. I have no clue. 😂) I very much am a weird writer and teen in general. Have no shame about that. 😉

Anyways, welcome! I am FreedomWriter76, a American, Homeschooled, Southern, Christian Teen Girl that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction. I am also a huge Music, History, and Marvel nerd. 😁 I’ve been on KP for about two to three months. (Even if my number of posts says otherwise, lol. 😅) And I’ll be entering Highschool in the fall, so…yay? 😂😅

But enough about me. As is customary to do on Kingdom Pen, I’m going to ask you a few random ask-the-newbie questions! 😊

1. What’s your current WIP about? (More about it. But family and pancakes…sounds like my kinda book, lol. 😂)

2. Favorite Dessert?

3. Do you have any favorite Music/Music Artists?

4. Favorite Book Genre?

5. Favorite Author(s)/Books?

And…6. Coffee, Tea, or neither?

Again, welcome to Kingdom Pen Hannah! This is such a kind, helpful, caring community. You’ll love it here. Can’t wait to talk to you some more. God Bless! 🙏❤️

Lorelei Angelino
          @lorelei-writer
            • Total Posts: 32

@whalekeeper

Hey, Hannah! Nice to meet you, too! 😀 I also found out about Kingdom Pen from YWW. Are you still on Ydubs? I’m leaving the community in a few days sadly.

Are pancakes your favorite breakfast food?

Writing is a journey . . . journey for the Lord.

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

@power

Ah, the never-ending paradox that is the writer. Is not weirdness subjective to that person who contemplates it? I see I have found another of my kind… Nice to meet you, too XD

@freedomwriter76

Hey! I’ve actually stalked Kingdom Pen for quite some time (including your posts), so it’s cool to finally comment. And indeed, there is no shame. It’s super cool that you write Historical Fiction – I don’t see many of those writers around.

1. It’s a family living in a castle – on a whale…that flies. The premise was originally my dad’s idea XD He wanted to keep me busy during the summer, and insisted I write this as a commission a few months back. It was supposed to be a few thousand words…it’s at 20k now. Naturally.

2. Coconut cream pie!

3. Oh, all sorts. Andrew Peterson, Lumineers, and my favorite movie soundtracks (Specifically Song of the Sea)

4. A bit of everything, as long as the MC is either really interesting or really optimistic.

5. C.S. Lewis, Andrew Peterson, Trenton Lee Stewart, Wendy Mass – those are some of my favorites. Latest reads are Beowulf, Jane Eyre and Fahrenheit 451.

6. Hot chocolate 😉

Thank you so much! God bless!

Whaley
              @whalekeeper

@lorelei-writer

I’m not on it anymore, but I’ve thought about joining again! Depends on if I have time, or if I have a pivotal question about writing that’ll save my entire career 😂

Not my favorite, but my family has pancakes at least once per week, so it made sense in light of the story theme. Chocolate chip pancakes are irresistible, tho!

Anonymous

@whalekeeper. You are so welcome! Haha, I stalked KP for a while before joining too. 😂 Like, for months. 😂😂😂 I don’t either! Now, on here, I’ve met a few, but otherwise, not many His-Fic writers. 😉 Which is sad. I LOVE History. 🙂

Your WIP sounds like so much fun! 😀 If you ever want to share, I’d love to read it! 😉

And HOT CHOCOLATE is DELICIOUS! I love Hot Chocolate. Though being a Southerner I also love me some sweet tea, lol. So long as it’s not too sweet, that is. 😉

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper

@freedomwriter76 😂 What kind of His-Fic do you write?

Thanks! Maybe I’ll share a snippet or two in the Character forum 😉

I only recently became a Southerner myself! I used to live in Wisconsin, so that explains the hot chocolate. Idk, maybe my preferences will change over time.

Anonymous

@whalekeeper. WELCOME TO THE SOUTH! 😁 I’ve grown up down here my whole life, lol. 😂 I’ve moved quite a few times, but only once out of my state, and where I moved was still the South, then I moved back to my HomeState, lol. 😂

You’re sooo Welcome! Ooh I can’t wait till I see them!!! 😄🤩

Well, I have MANY, MANY WIP’s, lol. 😂 But my MAIN WIP (that’s not a Marvel fanfic, lol) is during WWII, from 1944 even up to 1946 and it’s about The Holocaust. It has two MC’s, Leon, a Jewish young man, husband, and father who’s thrown into the Holocaust, and Riker, an SS Lieutenant who DISCOVERS the Holocaust and begins to help Jews escape. 😉 There are many, MANY messages packed in, such as love and loss, guilt and grace, regret, redemption, mercy, hatred, a few others (can’t remember them all…😅), but the main message is Forgiveness. God’s Forgiveness, forgiving others, and, as it is so often overlooked, the importance of forgiving ourselves. 🙂

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1424

@whalekeeper

Welcome to the kingdom! I am Koshka, and I write nonmagical medieval fantasy, besides the random poem and such like.

You like Andrew Peterson and C. S. Lewis? Those are some of my favorite authors, especially the later!

And welcome to the south! You didn’t just move down here in the summer, did you?

And now for ask-the-newbe-questions!

Would you rather meet your favorite author or character?

How many MCs have you had in one series/book?

What is the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten (that was considered a real food)?

Have you ever read Canterbury Tales? (I started to, but by the second or third…they’re just weird)

And most importantly…do you like jellybeans?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Whaley
                        @whalekeeper

@koshka

Hello, and thanks for welcoming me! I would love to hear a random poem now and then 😊

C.S. Lewis is awesome! When I was little, I used to listen to the Narnia books on audio night and day – I practically had Dawn Treader memorized.

I did move here summer of 2020, so we got the brunt of the heat.

1. Oh, character, definitely, mainly because I’ve already *met* some of my favorite authors through research or contact. I’d like to meet Constance Contraire XD

2. If you mean what’s my record for most MCs in one book…just two at this point. I’m planning to do multiple POVs for other stories in the future, tho. (Aren’t we all!)

3. Ooh, um… Well, I’ve always been so cautious that I’ve never eaten particularly gross food XD But my dad’s eaten Octopus – in front of me, where I could gag…does that count?

4. Hey, I’m reading that for school next week! I started the Knight’s Tale, but man, those knights, they need a wake-up call.

5. *Solemn voice* It’s been so long… I don’t know… Do they even remember me?

Koshka
                          @koshka
                            • Total Posts: 1424

@whalekeeper

Aw, you’re welcome. 😉

*Gasp* Was the Audio by Focus on the Family? We grew up on those! I can still quote some parts of Horse and His Boy.

I’m not sure I would like to meat Constance. I work with too many three year olds already. XD

I once had three, but that has been incinerated by now.

Ick. That counts.

The Knights Tale was the only one I kinda followed, and you already know how… interesting that was.

Shall we ever know?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@koshka

No it wasn’t, but I’ve heard that version before!

XD

What’s your WIP about?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >