Heya! Here I am.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Heya! Here I am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    diving-into-the-future
    @diving-into-the-future
      • Total Posts: 2

Hi, all!

I’m Audra, a writer of fantasy that is probably YA, and my writing right now mostly floats around familial themes and the twin themes of justice and righteousness.

I’m glad to be here.

(P.S.

If you think you’ve seen an Audra S. on KP before, that is also me. I simply lost access to my old account. YDubbers, and Story Embers folks, yes you can find me)

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 692

@diving-into-the-future

Welcome back! Lol

I’m Sara (aka Sarafini). I love anything Adventures in Odyssey and Down Gilead Lane. I write Sci-fi and Thrillers, my favorite genre to read is definitely thriller. I love doing activity books and playing basketball in my driveway. I’m also a recent homeschool graduate.

Questions (even though you’re not technically new lol)

1. What’s your current WIP?
        2. How many WIP’s have you wrote?
        3. Are you published yet? If so, where?
        4. What genre or genres have you written?
        5. Are you more likely to write boy or girl MC’s?

Now for tagging other Keepers to say hi

@godlyfantasy12
          @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @felicity @arien @keilah-h @lewilliams @freedomwriter76 @koshka @loopylin

Erica
        @starofthenorth
          • Total Posts: 199

@diving-into-the-future

Hey there! I’m Erica. Nice to meet you, Audra! (such a pretty name btw!)

I also write YA fantasy!

Some questions:

1. Favorite Christmas cookie? (Or other cookie, or maybe you don’t like cookies at all? 😂🍪)

2. Who is your favorite character to write?

3. What’s your favorite ocean creature?

4. Do you like black coffee?

Hope to see you around!

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3221

@diving-into-the-future

Hi, Audra!! I love your name!!

(Yes!! I’m the third post so nobody has asked many questions yet!)

I’m Esther, a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!

I have written the first draft in a fantasy duology that I call the Refined Duology. My current WIP is a dystopian triology, tho. I also have ideas for a his-fic novel and two biblical fiction novels. So I dabble in a bit of everything.

Questions bc I’m meeting you for the first time!:

1. Coffee, tea, or neither?

2. Favorite animal?

3. Would you rather zip line over the Amazon Rainforest, or go underwater (with scuba gear) in one of those cages surrounded by sharks? (I don’t know the name for the last one 😅)

4. Favorite author(s)?

5. If you could spend a day with any person, (from a book, movie, or history; a celebrity; etc.), who would it be? (And Jesus doesn’t count. I know we’re all waiting for that eternal day. 😉)

Nice to meet you!! (And welcome back!)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2803

@diving-into-the-future

Hello!

I’m Mineralizedwritings, I write dystopian ya, make comics sometimes, draw, speedcude, and way to many other random hobby things. XD

Were glad to have you back! My sister is on Story Embers! Mind if I ask, what’s a ydubber? I see it all over the place, but can never find a definition on google XD

A couple questions!

1.Are snakes cool?

2.What is your wip about?

3.What is your favorite character from your story to write and why?

4.What are the themes of your wip and why?

5.What kind of music do you like?

Looking forward to seeing you around!

へびは かっこいい です!

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6
                • Total Posts: 1626

@diving-into-the-future

Hello!! Haha, welcome back! I’m LightoverDarkness, but on here most people call me Light. 😉 I’m a piano playing, drawing, animal loving, Jesus loving, homeschooled, teen writer! It’s very nice to meet you!

Okay! Now for some newbie questions!

1. Which of your characters are most like you?

2. What’s your favorite snack to eat while writing?

3. Do you have a favorite oc? Why are they your favorite?

4. Which of your charries do you wish were real people the most?

Well, again, welcome, and can’t wait to get to know you!!

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                @felicity
                  • Total Posts: 811

@diving-into-the-future

Hello! Welcome back!

I’m Felicity, an aspiring authoress, homesteader and follower of Jesus. I write Historical and Contemporary fiction. Justice and righteousness are great themes! My favorite theme to write is Good overcoming Evil.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 692

@lightoverdarkness6

what does oc mean? I know a version of it is of course but that wouldn’t make sense in the question you asked @diving-into-the-future lol

diving-into-the-future
                    @diving-into-the-future
                      • Total Posts: 2

Wow, hi! KP is definitely a lot more busy than the last time I joined.

I’ll answer all of your questions one at a time.

@sarafini @starofthenorth @esther-c @mineralizedwritings

My WiP is a fantasy novel about two girls, who, after the inciting event where one of them assassinates the other’s adoptive brother on order of her king, both run away to the middle kingdom. One, Jaira, to enact vengeance for her brother. The other, to flee her king and father’s ambition, greed, and misguided justice. The story floats around the theme of justice, as do the next three in the series.

I haven’t completed any major WiP yet, thanks to rewriting them all before I even reach a quarter of the way through, but I have a total of six novels/novellas in the works!

No, I’m not really published anywhere yet, but I’m working on jumpstarting a blog and writing some short stories and articles to be published at bigger places.

I write fantasy ;p

Well… It’s a 5/4 ratio tilted towards female MCs as compared to male.

And that’s all of your questions, Sara! I’m going to be a homeschool graduate myself by summer.

Erica, it’s nice to meet you too!  Isn’t fantasy a fun sandbox for the imagination?

My favorite Christmas cookie would be the sugar cookies we make every year from my late great grandmother’s recipe, but my favorite Christmas treat would probably be the divinity I make!!

Ooh, favorite character to write? Probably Ankou, from my third WiP. He likes to startle people like some Celtic/Old English ninja.

I love porpoises. They’re so playful and their name just sounds nice to my ear.

I like coffee black and with creamer! It just depends on my mood. Some days I could really go for a cup of Death Wish, which is sacrilegious to drink with creamer, and other days I would love a latte from starbucks.

Ah, hi, Esther! I play violin myself, but I’ve been more focused on piano, since I get lessons on that much more easily in my small town.

I enjoy coffee and tea both, actually! I love herbals and green tea, and any kind of coffee.

Cats. Undoubtedly, certainly cats are my favorite

Ziplining over the Amazon sounds amazing!

I’ll have to roll up my sleeves for this one, I have many favorite authors! C.S. Lewis, Andrew Peterson, J. R. R. Tolkien, S. D. Smith, George MacDonald, G. K. Chesterton, Hannah Sorenson, Jonathan Rogers, A. S. Peterson, and many more that I’m sure I’m forgetting.

If I could spend a day with any one person in history, it’d probably be either C. S. Lewis on a day that either the Inklings or the Socratic Club were meeting, or Elijah at any point in his life.

Erica
                      @starofthenorth
                        • Total Posts: 199

@diving-into-the-future

Your WIP sounds so interesting! The theme of justice is very cool.

Isn’t fantasy a fun sandbox for the imagination?

Yes, it is!! I love how much there is to explore.

My favorite Christmas cookie would be the sugar cookies we make every year from my late great grandmother’s recipe, but my favorite Christmas treat would probably be the divinity I make!!

Oo, yum! I love divinity. Tho I’d have to say, my favorites might be chocolate peppermint crinkles. Or buckeyes.

Ooh, favorite character to write? Probably Ankou, from my third WiP. He likes to startle people like some Celtic/Old English ninja.

Sounds neat! You come up with great names 😊

I love porpoises. They’re so playful and their name just sounds nice to my ear.

Yess, they are adorable!!

I like coffee black and with creamer! It just depends on my mood. Some days I could really go for a cup of Death Wish, which is sacrilegious to drink with creamer, and other days I would love a latte from starbucks.

I usually drink coffee black (also I’m pretty seriously allergic to dairy products, so I can’t have most creamer). But lattes–yum! (I get it with almond milk).

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Folith-Feolin
                        @folith-feolin
                          • Total Posts: 310

@diving-into-the-future

I don’t have much time at the moment but I will pop in to say hi and welcome back

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h
                            • Total Posts: 3875

@diving-into-the-future Hello there! Welcome back!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                            @esther-c
                              • Total Posts: 3221

@diving-into-the-future

I enjoy coffee and tea both, actually! I love herbals and green tea, and any kind of coffee.

Awesome!! Same here. I love iced sweet tea, but I’ve just recently discovered the deliciousness of hot tea! XD As for coffee, it depends on my mood whether I would want it hot or iced or as a frappe. 🙂

Cats. Undoubtedly, certainly cats are my favorite

😔

Jk!! I obviously prefer dogs, but cats are pretty awesome too!! I like the cats that aren’t mean or moody. Lol XD

Ziplining over the Amazon sounds amazing!

Ikr?! I’m not the most daring person, but I would probably be willing to do that!

I’ll have to roll up my sleeves for this one, I have many favorite authors! C.S. Lewis, Andrew Peterson, J. R. R. Tolkien, S. D. Smith, George MacDonald, G. K. Chesterton, Hannah Sorenson, Jonathan Rogers, A. S. Peterson, and many more that I’m sure I’m forgetting.

So cool!! I like C. S. Lewis and Andrew Peterson as well!! Peterson being my favorite of the two. I’ve only read The Fellowship of the Ring. I found it boring so I didn’t read the rest of the trilogy, but I watched the movies and really like them!! My favorite Tolkien “movie” is the first Hobbit movie!

I think I’ve heard of A. S. Peterson before. What did he write?

If I could spend a day with any one person in history, it’d probably be either C. S. Lewis on a day that either the Inklings or the Socratic Club were meeting, or Elijah at any point in his life.

Awesome!! I’d probably choose Queen Esther (for obvious reasons 😜). I thought I had another one, but now I can’t remember it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Oh well. 😁

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Orielle2023
                              @orielle21
                                • Total Posts: 173

@diving-into-the-future

Hi Audra. Nice to meet you! I love your writing themes!

Right now I work full time as a barista but still find time to live, be with my fam, and write. I also play violin and am learning Spanish.

Here’s some questions for you to consider. 🙂

1) What is your favorite bird?

2) What is your dream job?

3) If you are bored, what book do you turn to?

Looking forward to reading what you share!!

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

TheLoonyOne
                                @theloonyone
                                  • Total Posts: 404

@diving-into-the-future

Well… I don’t think I knew you before, so I’ll say hi! I’m Theloonyone!

Um. Returning questions, I guess:

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome back! I hope to see you around!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >