Hey Y’all!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Y’all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Hey Y’all, today I am so excited to finally be joining Kingdom Pen! 😀 I’ve been looking around this website for a while now but I’ve finally decided to join!

I’m so psyched! 🙂

Anyhow, y’all should probably at least know a little bit about me. I’m a Historical-Fiction writer, I love to read History Books for fun(sounds weird, I know), and I absolutely LOVE Marvel. <3 I’m a History and Marvel nerd, and I’m passionate about showing the Light of Christ through Historical-Fiction. 😀

Anyways, bye for now Y’all! I’m so excited to finally be here! Can’t wait to talk! Bye Y’all!

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1014

Greetings, @freedomwriter76 and welcome to KP!

I’m called Elishavet around here, and I mostly write realistic(no magic) medieval fantasy. I also write poetry and children’s church material.

While I have never actually written historical fiction, I love to read it. One thing I like about the genre I do write is that I can work in as many random historical facts as I want, combining what cultures I want, and not have to worry about getting something wrong.

And of course, history books are great for recreational reading. If history is literally the tale of mankind, than why do we not see it as a story worth enjoying?

And that’s a lot about history. What about having some wonderful AskTheNewbie random questions?

What is your favorite thing about your genre?

Which is better, coffee or tea?

What is the last name of your favorite character?(either of your own making or someone else’s)

Would you rather meet your least favorite character, or your least favorite author?

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon Hey! Thank you! I’m really excited to be here! 😀

Well hello, Elishavet. I like the sound of realistic Medieval Fantasy. I tried my hand at fantasy years ago(it was actually the first genre I tried to write!)but then realized that I honestly wasn’t very good at it and a whole lot better at Historical Fcition. XD I also love poetry, and Children’s Church Material!? Awesome! (I actually taught a Children’s Church lesson once before that I put together at my church. I was so nervous for some reason. I’m normally so nervous about standing up in front of people, but then again…now I sing on the Worship Team in front of the whole Church, so maybe I wouldn’t be so nervous now. XD)

Yeah, I totally get using random historical facts and cultures and not have to get it wrong. But for me, when it’s a time period I thoroughly enjoy, research is fun! (which may sound weird to a lot of people. XD) But even I sometimes stray a little bit away from COMPLETE historical accuracy, because, unless your readers a History Buff and knows basically everything about History, I doubt the reader is going to care if a certain type of chair wasn’t around during the American Revolution. XD

I know, right!? So many people say they HATE history, but I think that’s because they’ve been taught it in a very boring way. I’ve always found ways to learn it in a fun way. (Which involved a lot of Liberty’s Kids and Horrible Histories. XD)

Ooh, questions! I love questions! 😉

My favorite thing about my Genre is being able to tell people’s (though fictitious!) stories through different historical periods. I hope that my books will one day be able to tell and show someone that God is faithful no MATTER the time period and no matter the circumstances. Now yes, sometimes it can get difficult to write with the Historical Accuracy and when I have to battle tough themes and put my charries in very difficult circumstances (like with one of my WIP’s being about the Holocaust), but all in all, it’s very enjoyable for me. 🙂

Tea, by far. Coffee is bitter, and tea is so much better! (Though being a born and raised Southerner, it’s usually sweet tea XD)

Ooh, last name of favorite character? For my own, has to be Schind. (I actually made it up for one of my MC’s, but it sounded German, so I kept it XD)

I would definitely rather meet my least favorite author, because I’m sure we could find something in common. Besides, If I met my least favorite character from my books, it would be a Horrid SS officer that’s always so mean to everyone. 😉

And since I’m still here, what’s your main WIP about, Elishavet? (if you’re anything like me you probably have more than one! XD)

Anne G.
          @anne-g
            • Total Posts: 1

@freedomwriter76

Hey, friend! (This is Cheyenne 😉)

Well, you finally dragged me out of hiding! I’m pretty sure this is my first post, even though I’ve had an account for months. I’ve lurked around a bit, though, and I think you’ll like it here!

“You may choose to look the other way but you can never say again that you did not know.”

Elishavet Pidyon
            @elishavet-pidyon

@freedomwriter76

First, my apologies for the belatedness of this response. Thankfully I haven’t forgotten that I didn’t reply yet, as has happened on occasion. (If I ever don’t reply to something for a looong time, that is probably exactly what happened.)

Medieval Fantasy has been quite the adventure to write! I don’t know if I’m good at it or not, but I do know I can spend an inordinate amount of time on my character and world building. Most of which involves researching things like the differing lively hoods of the Balto-Slavic tribes, the method in which the Israelites made bread, or the long-term effects of a SCI (spinal cord injury).

My Google record is a bit confusing. XD

Poetry is exquisite! Do you write any?

Children’s Church Material!? Awesome! (I actually taught a Children’s Church lesson once before that I put together at my church. I was so nervous for some reason. I’m normally so nervous about standing up in front of people, but then again…now I sing on the Worship Team in front of the whole Church, so maybe I wouldn’t be so nervous now. XD)

It is!!! Admittedly, I write with my siblings, but that just makes it even more fun. We work our Children’s Church at our church. I completely understand about being nervous! That’s one reason I like working with kids: they don’t care if you mess up.

Singing on a worship team is wonderful too. And maybe you wouldn’t be so nervous now. 🙂

Historical research is one of the joys of my existence. Probably because I don’t have to do it. 😉 Yeah, perfect historical accuracy isn’t absolutely necessary, although you may run more of a risk at stepping on some history expert’s toes. XD just as long as it’s not really incorrect, right? 😉

I know, right!? So many people say they HATE history, but I think that’s because they’ve been taught it in a very boring way. I’ve always found ways to learn it in a fun way. (Which involved a lot of Liberty’s Kids and Horrible Histories. XD)

EXACTLY! I have said almost those exact words to people before. History is a out humans, therefore, it is not boring. Anything but!

(Horrible Histories is hilarious! We sometimes look them up on YouTube and find the good ones. And consequently die laughing.) What is Liberty’s Kids?

I love tea too! I like coffee, when it’s not very bitter, but I’m not sure I care for how it lingers in on my breath for hours. Although I am a Texan born and raised in the South, I don’t drink sweet tea very often, and when I do, I usually dilute it with water. It depends on the tea. (It’s either hot tea or unsweet tea in my house. Strange, I know. 😉 )

Schind is an interesting name! Did you make it off the German/Ashkenazic name Schindler? (Totally googled the name just now. 😉 )

I think I’d have to agree with you on that one. I’d never want to meet my least favorite characters!

What’s my main WIP about? (And rightly guessed; I have a few) Well, I have two main WIPs, both medieval fantasy but one is also an allegory. Both are still in the plotting/drafting stage. I’ll try to be concise.

One is set in the world of Eirtan, a place of betrayal and loyalty, love and hatred, life and death. The MC is a Yartassite farmer’s adopted son named Viktor Mynclais. Viktor knows he doesn’t belong to the island of Yartass, but when answers start coming they bring questions as well, questions nobody can answer. Soon, he and his siblings are walking a bitter road that can only promise a rightous fight for the reestablishment if Eirtan. This book will deal with restoration, active submission, trust in God, the passing of mantles, and purposes.

The second is an allegorical work using real testemonies as inspiration. It has four main characters and at least five books. It’s basically about serving God. (Rough theme) and I would say more, but there is a fine line between me giving a basic idea, and me writing an abridged copy.

What are/is yours about?

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. Ooh, your WIP’s sound very interesting! I love allegories since I only recently read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and now I want to write all the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia! I like the sound of your WIP’s though! 🙂

I have written some poetry actually. It’s more of a hobby than something I would actually pursue. Writing books is more of what I pursue, but I have written poetry. Let me see if I can find one of my poems…okay, so this was my most recent poem. Still don’t really have a title yet, but here you go!

As the world spins,

Every day it seems as though Satan wins.

Our world is crumbling,

My Nation is breaking.

Morality is lost.

America needs God.

The world turns more gray.

No one wants to pray.

Everyone thinks it’s all just a game.

Oh God, where are you?

America needs to find her way back to you.

She’s run.

Far from her roots.

Oh God, I can’t even express how much she needs you.

Land of the Free,

Home of the Brave.

But oh, how far she has strayed.

From the beacon of light,

For the whole world to see.

If they could see her now,

What would our founding fathers say?

If they saw how far America has strayed.

If they looked around,

at all we’ve thrown away.

They would say, and cry,

“Why did we even fight?”

Were lives truly lost in vain,

Because of all the freedoms we’ve willingly thrown away?

Oh God, where are you?

My Nation needs you.

Actually, I think I just came up with the name Schind. I thought it was a German name, and then when I realized it wasn’t, I was like: “Well, oh well, it sounds German…I’M KEEPING IT!” XD But I can say it’s a variation of Schindler in the books. 😉

Yes, Horrible Histories is hilarious! Okay, Liberty’s Kids is an animated Cartoon all about the American Revolution. The entire series is on Youtube, and it goes all the way from the Boston Tea Party all the way to the end of the war and even a little afterwards when George Washington became President. I love the entire series itself, the characters, both Fictitious and Historical (except Benedict Arnold, but does he really count? XD), and all in all it’s a great show. There’s nothing bad in it, and though it may not be a strictly speaking Christian show, it’s also not secular in any way. 🙂 It’s just a wonderful show. If what I said interests you, I highly recommend it! 🙂

Okay, so…I have a lot of WIP’s, but I’ll go with my main one.

Its Historical Fiction set during WWII. It’s about the Holocaust, set in Germany, and my two MC’s are Leon Wagner and Riker Schind.(there he is!) Leon is a Jewish young man that together, with his wife, are thrown into the horrors of the Holocaust. And Riker is an SS officer that discovers the reality of the Holocaust. The main message is Forgiveness, as Leon has to learn how to forgive others, they both learn of God’s forgiveness, and Riker has to learn how to forgive himself. But there’s also messages of loss and love, guilt and grace, redemption, grief, and hope. I love the book altogether, and though what I said may not say a whole whole lot about it yet, it’s most definitely my favorite of my WIP’s. (But I love them all XD) Either way, I love most of the Characters in the book, and I’m thinking it’s the first book in my WWII trilogy: War and Redemption. 

But that’s enough about me. 😉 I totally understand not drinking a lot of Sweet Tea. My Mom doesn’t make it super sweet unless we have company, and I like it when it’s less sweet anyway. 😉 Ain’t nothing wrong with liking hot tea. 🙂

What are your favorite Books? 🙂

Anonymous

@anne-g. HEYYYY! YOU’RE HERE! XD

Welcome! Yes, I’ve already had so much fun! This is such a great community of Christian Writers! I love it through and through! 🙂

Welcome! I’m so happy you’re here! <3

Elishavet Pidyon
                  @elishavet-pidyon

@freedomwriter76

Ugh! I literally never responded!! I know this is a bad habit of mine; to forget I have yet to respond to a conversation, so if I do this again, you know why.

I beg pardon.

Allegories can be wonderful, powerful works! I love them, especially Narnia. You need to read the rest!!!!

Yeah, my books are my main focus for writing, but I love to write verse. Although, I am afraid that I get too lost in imagery and symbolism to make my point clear.

I like yours! It’s painfully true. I also really like the repetition of “Oh God, where are you?” 🙂 Since you shared one, I’ll share one too.

I actually plan to use this one as a lay in one of my books.

This won’t last forever,

Though it may be the end.

Take heart in this, my brother,

We will meet again.

Soon will come the morning,

When our Light appears.

When again I see you,

There will be no tears.

Farewell for now, my brother.

Our paths have split apart.

Though now I cannot see you,

I’ll keep you in my heart.

That’s works! It’s a nicely bookish name.

We’ll definitely have to look into Liberty’s Kids!

Oh, I LOVE your WIP! (As I think you know) Those are some powerful themes right there.

Yeah, sometimes Mama makes it sweet, but not syrupy sweet.

That’s a hard question. A really hard question.

I may have to come back to this, but for now, I have a list of my favorite authors on my profile. 🙂

Yours?

Anonymous

@elishavet-pidyon. No girl, it’s fine! I know how busy life can get!

Aw, thanks! 🙂

Your poem is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!

Yes! Look into Liberty’s Kids! I think you’ll love it!

Yeah, come back anytime! Ooh, my favorite book. Easily, Preacher on the Run by Jayna Baas. 😉 It’s about the Regulator Movement at the beginning of the American Revolution. It’s a Christian book, and the writer is an inspiration to me since she’s a Christian, she was homeschooled, graduated, AND self-published her book! But the book is just WONDERFUL overall and most definetely my favorite book. She is currently working on the second one, and I absolutely CANNOT WAIT until it comes out! 😀

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1428

@freedomwriter76

*Cloaked figure swings in through window*

I have found you, history nerd! Meet another history nerd, although she may be a different nerd than your nerd.

Perhaps I used that Doc. Seussical word too often.

*Akwardly fiddles with cloak clasp*

Anyway, although we’ve already met elsewhere, I just found this file, so here are some ask the newbie questions!

Which would you rather; mountains or beach?

What is your favorite Narnia character?

If you stuck in a house with no one else for three days, what would you do?

And most important of all…

Do you like jellybeans?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Hey! Yeah, we’ve met elsewhere, but hey! 😉

High-Five for us History Nerds!

What Historical Periods do you enjoy the most? 😀

I like History period, but I have to say my favorite period to research, write, and learn more about is most definitely WWII. After that, the American Revolution, and then the American Civil War, closely followed by the Korean and Vietnam wars. 😉

YAY! QUESTIONS!!!

1. The Mountains. They’re always so beautiful and I would love to be able to see the world from up there. It gives you a different perspective. Besides, I would rather stay away from the sharks as much as possible. XD

2. Ooh, though it is easy to say Aslan(of course! XD) I would have to go with Lucy Pevensie. But all in all my favorite is Aslan of course. 😉

3. I would devote a lot more time to Historical reading, research, regular reading, writing, and probably just lay around and watch some of my favorite movies, TV shows, and Marvel. XD (I like to relax!)

4. I sure do! I normally don’t like super sweet things, but like, Jellybeans are awesome! (favorite flavor has to be the root beer jellybean. But I love root beer, so, not a surprise. XD)

Thanks for all the welcome questions! 😀 It’s been awesome getting to talk to you here and elsewhere!

Koshka
                          @koshka
                            • Total Posts: 1428

@freedomwriter76

*Returns high-five*

Ooo, that’s hard to pick. Probably my favorite time’s to research are the various early medieval time periods. I dabble all over the place, but those are the most frequent. Otherwise WWI&II, or the recreation of the state of Israel.

And I have to go back to the castle!

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Those time periods are good choices! 😉

See you there! 😀

Hullofellowhumans
                              @hullofellowhumans
                                • Total Posts: 26

Hey @FreedomWriter76! Questions, questions XD

Are you currently writing anything?

What is your opinion about cats?

What are your favorite foods?

Have you read Brandon Sanderson?

Have you been to California?

And finally… do you like Star Wars?

Anonymous

@hullofellowhumans. YAY! QUESTIONS!

1. ABSOLUTELY! I am horribly known to Multitask, so…heh. I have…mmm….7 or more WIP’s. XD None of them anywhere near finished. XP But they’re all Historical Fiction. Most WWII, a few American Revolution, one Civil War, one Vietnam War, and one Afghanistan War. Long story short, I need to learn how to focus on one story. XD

2. I personally do not really like cats. My mom is horribly allergic, my two siblings are allergic, and I’m just more of a Dog kind of girl. 😉 But if you like cats, I have no problem against it!

3. I love many types of desserts. (Mmm. Brownies and Cupcakes are my favs. XP) And I love Tacos, different meals with Rice, Pizza, and man, do I love Pasta! (my mom is like, half-Italian though, so XD)

4. I have not! I’ve heard quite a bit about him, but personally, I haven’t read his books! (I mostly stick to Historical Fiction though, so…)

5. I have never been to California in my life! The only states I have been to, other than KY, is Tennessee, North Carolina, Connecticut as a baby and I don’t remember it, Georgia, and Florida. Long story short, I really haven’t ever been out of the South much. XD

6. Not really. XP I’m just not really interested in Star Wars. But then again, I use to say that about Marvel and *cough cough* here we are today. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >