Hey there

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey there

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@LifeofKatie HELLO AGAIN! Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome! Etc., etc., etc. 😀 (Blue’s a good color.)

katie
      @lifeofkatie
        • Total Posts: 137

@dragon-snapper – Yeah, of course! That’s a great reason to memorize 😀 Wow! You have memorized quite a few – those songs sound great! 😀 I have memorized the first little riff of “I See Fire” from the Hobbit and a few other really pretty, clean love songs. I love finger-style! Where do you learn how to play finger-style?

katie
        @lifeofkatie

@emma-flournoy – HI!!! Thank you SO much for making me feel so welcome! 😀

Yes! Blue’s amazing! 😀

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@lifeofkatie When I first took lessons, learning to strum and the chords, my teacher taught me how to read music with the guitar. Now, if I want to learn something, I’ll usually just pull up sheet music on the internet. That, or I’ll try to do it by ear. I did Misty Mountains and the Edge of Night by ear, though I usually need sheet music. 😛 Now, I’ve started taking lessons again, (there was a year or two gap between when I took lessons) and I’m learning more technique-ish stuff.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site @lifeofkatie! Congrats on being roped in by some of our most enthusiastic forum members. 😉 Haven’t read any Spurgeon yet, but he’s on my list of theologians to read!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

katie
              @lifeofkatie

@dragon-snapper – That’s so neat! 😀 I hope your lessons go well!

katie
                @lifeofkatie

@aratrea – Thank you for welcoming me! 😀 Everyone I’ve met so far has been very kind; I am excited to be here 🙂

Spurgeon is wonderful! I hope you enjoy his writings, once you get to him on your list!

Gracie
                  @graciegirl
                    • Total Posts: 889

@lifeofkatie Hi! I’m crazy late but welcome to the forum!! Ooh, I love kayaking too, but I dont have a lot of experience. 😄 And I recently picked up lettering as well. Zikers, it is sooo much fun! What medium do you like to use?

*is probably geeking out about something*

katie
                    @lifeofkatie

@graciegirl – Hello! Nice to meet you! Thank you for welcoming me! Kayaking is a lot of fun (I’ve only been once, ;)) Wow! I’d love to see some of your lettering sometime! I mainly use fine point Sharpie pens, but I’m looking into purchasing some pens that don’t bleed as much 🙂 What type of medium do you use?

Gracie
                      @graciegirl
                        • Total Posts: 889

@lifeofkatie Oh, I love your font! And you use a Sharpie to do that? Wow. That’s amazing. 😃 I tried a similar marker once, but could never quite get the hang of it.

I typically use watercolors with either a brush pen or a calligraphy dip pen. Of the two, I think I love the dip pen most (even if the scratching noise drives me up the wall sometimes 😆).

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 1352

@LifeofKatie Aww…well…you’re welcome! XD Seriously though, I’m glad you feel so welcomed. 😀

katie
                          @lifeofkatie

@graciegirl – Thanks so much 🙂 I enjoy doing it!

Ooo! The mediums you use sound awesome!! I’d love to see some of your work sometime!

katie
                            @lifeofkatie

@emma-flournoy – Thanks, Emma 😀

Anne of Lothlorien
                              @anne-of-lothlorien
                                • Total Posts: 440

@lifeofkatie *runs into the room breathless, brushing cake crumbs and dirt from my cape*
                                Sorry I am late, but allow me to introduce you to myself, fair lady. I am Anne Greenleaf of Lothlorien, The Secret Lady of London.
                                Welcome to the land of the most insane, the most awesomest, the bestiestestiest ever friends on this planet, and even some of the other ones.
                                You’re an ENFP too? *squeals and gives you an ENFP hug*
                                So, two questions…
                                1. What is your middle name? (Mine’s Elizabeth) – and –
                                2. What is one of your favorite quotes? (Can’t think of one right now)

If you know Daeus and Kate, head over to the short story sections and read The Legend of King Daeus. Dragon Snapper captured him a Kate, and a few other people so perfectly in her story. You’ll love it!!!

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

katie
                                @lifeofkatie

Hello @anne-of-lothlorien! 😀

How lovely to make your acquaintance, Secret Lady of London.

Thank you for the warm welcome and ENFP hug! 😀

To answer your questions:

1) My middle name is Lee – Katie Lee (Yours is so pretty!)
                                  2) One of my favorite quotes?? It’s so hard to choose…I will give you two, but please know there are a TON more 😉

“A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.”
                                  “To be much like Christ, be much with Christ.” C.H. Spurgeon
                                  “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” Dr. Seuss

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >