Hey there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    QuietGirl
    @quietgirl
      • Total Posts: 3

First off, it’s so great to be here and meet y’all! I’m QuietGirl, a fantasy-loving ISTJ/Enneagram 5w6 who enjoys rainy days, long books, and a warm cup of tea. I’ve always enjoyed both reading and making up stories, but it’s the “getting it down on paper” part that gets me every time. 🙂 My all-time favorite book is The Hobbit, though I’m always open to finding new reading material and hopping into new stories.

I also love to kidnap adopt other peoples’ characters and draw them, play ukulele, and (apparently) procrastinate. I’ve been homeschooled for most of my life and much prefer writing papers to solving algebra problems and balancing chemical equations. I’m not quite sure what else to put here, so if you have any questions, please ask!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you amazing people!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1379

@quietgirl

Hello and welcome to the Kingdom!!

Totally relate on the “getting it down on paper” thing! 😂 It’s so much easier to make up plots than to put them into the right words.

And if you ever want to adopt *cough* kidnap any of my characters, I’d be glad to hand them over!

Issabelle Perry
        @issawriter7
          • Total Posts: 976

@quietgirl

HEEEELLLOOO!!!!!!!! *waving* It’s SUPER AWESOME to meet you!!! WELCOME to the Kingdom!! *throws out party streamers and passes out cake* I’m Issabelle!!!! Oooh, I LOVE the Hobbit and LotR’s movies and have been DYING to read the books SOOO BADLY!!!! I hope one of these days I can! Ooof, I feel ya on the algebra and science stuff. Soooo how ’bout some questions to get this welcome part started!!

What’s your WIP about?

Who’s your fav character in The Hobbit?

If you were in a medieval type battle, what would be your weapon of choice? (i.e. sword, bow…)

If you had a pet squirrel, what would you name it?

If you found a genie lamp, what would your three wishes be?

Do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks in books?

Well, I guess that’s all I’ve got!!! Again, it’s SUPER AWESOME to meet you, and I can’t wait to get to know you better!!!!!!!!!!! <33

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
          TeenWritersNook.com

Abigail.M.
          @abigail-m
            • Total Posts: 1242

@quietgirl

Hi! I’m Abigail and welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I love The Hobbit and all of Tolkien’s work. And me too, I often like to kidnap  adopt other people’s characters and write out stories for them (I most often do that with characters from Spirit Riding Free).

What is your favorite setting to write in? Contemporary? Jungle? Tundra? (I usually write in the Tundra or Riding Stable type places.)

Anyway, welcome! It’s great having you here at KP:)

ella
            @nova21
              • Total Posts: 604

@quietgirl

Hey!!!!  *waves ecstatically*  Welcome to KP!!!  I’m Ella, and here are a couple of things about me:

1)  I’m an ENFP/Enneagram 3w7

2)  I love basketball and making smoothies

3)  I LOVE writing SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My WIP synopsis:

Seia has lived in isolation her whole life. With an abusive mother, few friends, and no prospects, there is only one thing keeping Seia from running away: her sister, Sadana. Seia’s only wish is to escape with Sadana and find a new life of peace and safety in a far off land. But then the unthinkable happens: Sadana is engaged to one of the most powerful and dangerous men in the empire. Thrown into a world of adventure, Seia must navigate her way through new friendships, danger, mystery, and romance, all to save her sister before it is too late…

What’s your WIP about?  Do you play sports?  What’s your favorite kind of tea?  (i ❤ tea SO much!!  my fav kind is chamomile with milk and lots of honey…)

Well, I hope you have a great time on KP!!  GREAT to meet you!!!

what we do in life echoes in eternity
              -gladiator, 2000

imwritehere1920
              @imwritehere1920
                • Total Posts: 92

@quietgirl

Hi there, I’m Lily.  Nice to meet you! (I’m also a newbie around here.)  🙂

Care to share what your current writing project is about?

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

QuietGirl
                @quietgirl

@joy-caroline thank you!! I’ve really enjoyed being on here so far. 🙂 ooh, yes! I will definitely take you up on that sometime *pats kidnapping supplies*

@issawriter7
                  hi!! YESSS if you start reading Hobbit/LOTR, please let me know! And I’m always up for fangirling either way! 🙂

My current WIP is a fantasy novel about a dying thief and the meaning of a life well lived. I’m working on the rough draft at the moment and it’s going very slowly, but it’s been so much fun developing the plot and characters.

My favorite character in Hobbit…oh boy, I have to choose?! XD I think I’d have to go with Bilbo Baggins, though. Maybe I’m just a hobbit at heart, but he’s so relatable (half the time I have no idea what I’m doing with these people either (introvert problems)) and the way he changes throughout the story is amazing. I really love all the characters though–even Smaug, because he’s a great antagonist. <33 How about you?

Lol I don’t think I’d be able to actually use any medieval weapon, but I would definitely choose a bow and arrow! I don’t do archery, but I’ve always found it really cool.

The first name that popped into my head is Iggy, I think it sounds really cute. <33

3 wishes…ooh, that’s hard! I think I’d choose (1) for more people to know about God, (2) a never-ending supply of new books, and (3) maybe a chance to meet some of my favorite characters? Like, really meet them, face-to-face, and hear what their voices actually sound like and see their little quirks and flaws in real life.

I prefer hardcover books, I think. 🙂 it’s so much easier to attach a reading light to the cover if it’s not all floppy, and the book won’t get bent up in my bag if I want to take it with me.

@abigail-m
                  it’s so nice to meet you!! Yes, I feel you. XD I haven’t seen Spirit: Riding Free, but I’m a big fan of the original movie! I think my favorite setting to write in is a medieval-type setting? I’m not quite sure what to call it, but small villages, open pastures, castles, rolling hills and deep forests have always been a part of my writing. 🙂

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@quietgirl

Yay! Feel free to join any of our topics – especially the WIP chat to tell us more about your book. (Which sounds very interesting, by the way!) I write in the Biblical fiction genre, but I very much enjoy reading fantasy.

Issabelle Perry
                    @issawriter7
                      • Total Posts: 976

@quietgirl

YESS!!!!!!!! If/when I start reading them I will let you know and we are TOTALLY GOING TO HAVE TO FANGIRL OVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The movies are hands-down some of my favorites ever!!! And since the books are always better than the movies, I’m sure they’d be some of my favs!!!!!! WOW!!! You’re WIP sounds AWESOME!!! It totally sounds like one I’d LOVE reading!!

Aaaah, yeah, Bilbo is tied with Thorin for favorites!!!!! Aaah, this just makes me REALLY wanna read the books soooo much more!!

Oooh, that’s a good pick! I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try archery out!

Aww, Iggy is a really cute name!

*gasp* THOSE ARE THE MOST AWESOME WISH CHOICES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh, SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I prefer hardcover’s too! I think they look cooler! dunno why. Wow, it seems like we have LOADS in common!!!!!!!!!! *high-fives*

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
                      TeenWritersNook.com

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12
                        • Total Posts: 6645

@quietgirl Ooh!! Hi!!! Yay another fantasy lover/writer!! I also write fantasy!! Your WIP sounds so interesting!!

This is mine-

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Life in (World Name’s) Garden has always been wonderful, but the rest of the world can’t say the same. Continuing to rebel against the one who created them, the rest of the world has plummeted into darkness. Still, those with open hearts remain, including one special handmaiden by the name of Arabella.</p>
                        Prophesied to bring peace for a time and leave the only home she’s ever known with nothing but the clothes on her back and her best friend, November, Ara struggles with anxiety and doubt. Bitten by a possessed snake as a child, the chosen handmaiden’s journey is rocky even before she sets off and this fuels her lack of confidence.

When the time to leave arises, Arabella and her friend November are plunged into a wacky, odd and frightening land. Unable to leave, the two are caught between a wicked plot that’s been years in the making, and a foe no one was prepared to face. Death strikes, putting a young girl by the name of Jocelyn at risk. Framed for a crime she didn’t commit and being Ara and November’s only true friend in this crazy land, the two are tasked with proving her innocence.
                        <p style=”text-align: left;”>Everyone is a suspect in this race against time and, should Arabella not face her own self-doubt and rise to the challenge, she and her friends might be the next victims. </p>

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

QuietGirl
                        @quietgirl

@nova21 Hey!! Its so nice to meet you! And I absolutely adore your signature quote.<3 What’s your favorite kind of smoothie?

Your WIP sounds really interesting, and I totally want to pick it up and read it! I don’t have a fully fleshed-out synopsis for my WIP yet, but it’s a fantasy novel about a dying thief thrown into a search for a missing girl and, along the way, learning that a long life means nothing if she is only living for herself. 🙂

At the moment I’m not doing any sports bc of a busy schedule, but in the past I’ve done ballet, competitive swimming and volleyball. Swimming is probably my favorite sport and I still enjoy watching it. 😉 Hey, another tea fan! *highfives* My absolute favorite tea is vanilla chai with lots of milk, but I also like peppermint and chamomile. I don’t usually sweeten mine, but I’m definitely gonna try it with honey now!

@imwritehere1920
                          hi Lily! Yay, another newbie! How are you liking it around here so far?

My current WIP is a fantasy novel about a dying thief and her struggle to find new life in a war-torn world. How ’bout you? 🙂

ella
                          @nova21
                            • Total Posts: 604

@quietgirl

thanks!!  Ooo, my favorite kind of smoothie is probably strawberry-banana with honey and cinnamon!!! 😃

i totally want to read your WIP too!!!  That’s an amazing idea!!  I always love unique story ideas like that… 😍

I have a lot of friends who swim, and it sounds so hard!! 😓  You go girl!

oh, I love chai sooo much!!!  Yes definitely try honey in your tea! 😉

i Love your pfp, btw.  That’s so me, lol😂

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                            -gladiator, 2000

imwritehere1920
                            @imwritehere1920
                              • Total Posts: 92

@quietgirl

I’m really enjoying it; I hope you do to!

That’s a cool premise for your story.  Mine’s about a brother and sister who must rescue a lost phoenix.

And I love your profile picture.  It made me chuckle. (it sounds like something Sage, from the False Prince, might say.  Have you read The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen?)

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

Linyang Zhang
                              @devastate-lasting
                                • Total Posts: 1700

@quietgirl Hi there! Welcome to the Kingdom!

Your WIP sounds so interesting! I’d love to hear more about it!

I was gonna ask you some questions to get to know you better, but it appears that everyone else has already asked them! So feel free to join us in any of our discussions around the forum!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                Would you mind letting me know
                                If hours don't turn into days

Abigail.M.
                                @abigail-m
                                  • Total Posts: 1242

@quietgirl

I love those type of settings!
                                  I’m a big fan of the original movie too. Dreamworks is actually making a second one, based off the series called “Spirit Untamed” and are releasing it on May 14th.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >