Hey, it’s been a while. ~ Chat Space

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Hey, it’s been a while. ~ Chat Space

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Annabelle
    @annabelle
      • Total Posts: 108

Hey everyone, it’s been like…. forever since I’ve been on here. XD Most of you probably don’t remember me… but yeah. I’m back!! 😁

So I just wanted to create a chat space where we can chat about characters and books and stuff, and I can get to know you all. Also, if anyone has a blog or social platform, feel free to share it here, because I love following and supporting other writers!!

Alright, here’s a question we can start with:

What is everyone’s current WIP? (I know, simple question. I just thought it was a good place to start).

Tagging the people I remember. @smiley @godlyfantasy12 @joy-calle @keilah-h @daisy-torres

In the words of Jinto Queb, "Hurry, reading is fun!"

Smiley
      @smiley
        • Total Posts: 2179

hey!! Long time no see XD @annabelle

So you already know my current WIPS xd and you know about my blog so…. But I’m currently obsessed with my character Falon XD (she’s amazing and she has been in my head for years XD) but now she finally getting written XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Annabelle
        @annabelle

@smiley I know! It’s been over ten minutes already! 😆

True lol. YES FALON! I love her too (although I haven’t gotten very far in your fanfic yet). Characters with depressing backstories are always the best lol.

Smiley
          @smiley

@annabelle

Thanks yeah she’s one of those characters who have scars that point to her pain. And she also has a lot of issues the biggest being her fear to trust people.

What about you? do you have any depressing characters?

Oxygen shortage

Annabelle
            @annabelle

@smiley

I mean, Maria from Identity kind of had a depressing backstory, though she’s not as much of a depressing character. Also, in my other side WIP (that is currently on hold), my MC Kali and the future love interest Judah both kind of have depressing backstories. (But it is dystopian lol… so doesn’t everyone have a depressing backstory?) But yeah, most of my Daughters of the Sea characters (besides Maria) don’t have as heavy of backstories because I wanted to keep the book pretty light for younger kids. In tStS, I explore a lot more heavy topics so I have more of those depressing characters.

I don’t know if that made any sense lol. I just ranted a ton.

Also, if you can choose, who is your favorite character you’ve created so far?

Smiley
              @smiley

@annabelle

Haha yeah I understand that XD And yeah pretty much every dystopian character has a depressing backstory lol

And how do you expect me to choose one?! Fine, probably Falon or Skylar. What about you?

(I don’t know why but every one of my stories includes a jaded teen girl XD)

Oxygen shortage

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                @kyronthearcanin
                  • Total Posts: 697

@annabelle

Nice to meet you! I’m Solfyre, don’t think we’ve ever met because I’m fairly new, I guess.

I don’t have any kind of platform, but my main WIP is called Healer, kind of a mix of sci-fi and fantasy stuff. It’s pretty complicated lol, so I won’t get into everything, but the MC’s name is Rina.

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Annabelle
                  @annabelle

@smiley

Nice! I think Falon or Sara are my favorite book characters that you’ve created (so far).

Hey, jaded teen girls are always the most fun to write. Some people might disagree with me, but I love female characters who are outwardly strong but actually hide a lot of insecurities inside. They leave so much room for plot twists and lots of emotion!

@kyronthearcanin

Hi! No, we haven’t met before… I think it’s probably been about a year since I’ve been on here, so it makes sense.

I love sci-fi and fantasy!!! Oooh, tell me all the more complicated stuff! I love plot and story details! And I love that name for your MC. If you want a beta reader or just a brainstorming partner then I’m here!

Smiley
                    @smiley

@annabelle

Nice! I think Falon or Sara are my favorite book characters that you’ve created (so far).

Thanks, I have to write more in ASA but I’ve been kind of stuck XD

Hey, jaded teen girls are always the most fun to write. Some people might disagree with me, but I love female characters who are outwardly strong but actually hide a lot of insecurities inside. They leave so much room for plot twists and lots of emotion!

They really are, mine are always orphans so they get adopted by someone

Oxygen shortage

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                      @kyronthearcanin

@annabelle

Awesome!!!

So the solar system in Healer is called Orythia- it’s basically where all the life exists in that universe. There are five races- the Lupinari, which are wolves that stand on two legs, the Falcor, which are basically large birds, the Felisaro, which are large cats, the Serpenree, which are large lizards that walk on two legs (for the Lupinari and Serpenree just think the size of the average full-grown human), and the Arcanin. The Arcanin are large bears with stars on their foreheads, which mark them as having magic. They each have individual powers though- firebreathing, mindreading, etc…

There are also halflings, a combination of two races. Rina is a combination of Arcanin and Lupinari, so she’s basically a Lupinari with thicker fur, the ability to stand on all fours, slightly less stamina in running, and a star on her forehead, which marks her as having magic. She doesn’t know what kind of magic and denies that she has it at all in the beginning.

Some backstory on Rina. The Serpenree and Lupinari have been at war for hundreds of years. The Serpenree hate both the Lupinari as well as halflings, and in an attack on Lupus, the Lupinari planet (the races all live on separate planets, mostly), they capture Rina when she is young. So almost her entire life she has been a prisoner to the Serpenree, and they’re trying to figure out her power as an Arcanin. She works as a healer on the battlefield- for the Serpenree, and against her will.

Animals on the planets are mostly the same as those on earth. There is a universal language, but the Felisaro have also developed a secret language for use in emergencies. The Felisaro are sort of the inventors out of the races, even though they have to work without thumbs, lol. It’s sort of confusing, but only the Lupinari and the Serpenree actually have thumbs to work with.

So, that’s just a little bit of Healer, but if you’d like to read it, I have it posted in the novel critiques forum. (and yeah, any and all critiques are welcome, as I’m in the first draft) 🙂

Do you have a WIP you’re working on? I’d love to hear about it!

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 3875

@annabelle Hi there!!

My current WIP?

Well….

Not sure if this counts….

But I am hand-drawing a Star Wars fan fiction comic!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3205

@annabelle

Welcome back!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, fiction-writing, teen girl!!

(I really have to shorten my introduction… 🤔😂)

I don’t have a blog, but I’ve considered starting one. 🙂

Oooh, I like this question. What’s my WIP about… Well, it’s a trilogy called the Endoxos Trilogy. I’m currently working on the second draft of the first book, Ember of Hope. The other two books, Spark of Courage and Flame of Truth, are currently just in my head. 😜

Here’s the blurb for the trilogy:

They’ve been trapped inside The Orb for twenty years. It covered all of Aletheia. But it slowly closes in on the nation. The people stuck inside have no way to communicate to those outside. Families are separated. But the people have gotten used to The Orb. Until it is down to one district… only a few cities… Amidala Nadir is content with staying with her family in their corner of the district, but Everton Barlowe is determined to destroy the man who first placed The Orb over Aletheia. He joins a rebel group that is planning a coup on Bayron Len, the man who instituted the Orb. When the coup is performed successfully, a celebration is held throughout the city. But The Orb didn’t just disappear. Amidala was the only one who heard Len’s last words… and the truth is hidden in his riddle. Amidala and Everton understand enough of his puzzling statement that they know they have to take Len’s place. Len was holding back a much greater evil from corrupting their nation than they ever would have guessed. Will they be able to fulfill his role? Can they work together to push back the evil? They know what they must do, but it could cost their lives. Will they succeed? Or will the darkness subdue them all?

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Annabelle
                            @annabelle

@kyronthearcanin

That sounds so cool! I love that concept! I will try to find time to read it soon, because it sounds really cool! 🙂

I have two main WIPs right now. The first is called The Keeper of the Phantom Reef, and it’s the second book in my Daughters of the Sea series. I published the first book, Identity, in March. It’s about an orphan girl named Maria who discovers she has the ability to change from mermaid to human. It sounds like a little kid’s book, I know, but it’s really not. XD It’s kind of a mix of genres: contemporary fantasy, romance, mystery, drama, action/adventure… and probably some other ones too. XD

My second WIP is called The Song that Silences and it’s sort of a dystopian/utopian novel (I’m still figuring it out lol). It’s about a girl named Kali who has the talent of singing, but all forms of art (singing, dancing, writing, painting, etc.), have been abolished by her brother, who is the current ruler of the land. And then there’s also this high school drama subplot through the book that I’m really excited about.

Also, if you want to read the blurb for this WIPs, I have them all on my blog under the books tab.

And I guess that’s about it! XD Are you a plotter or a pantser?

@keilah-h

That is SO COOL! I haven’t watched to much Star Wars, but a comic?? It sounds epic! 😀

@esther-c

That’s awesome! I’m homeschooled too. 😉

Cool! If you start a blog, let me know because I will definitely read it!

Wow, your WIP sounds epic! I would totally read something like that! I love the titles you chose for the trilogy, too.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                              @kyronthearcanin

@annabelle

Thanks!!

Wow! Both of those sound really cool! I’ll definitely be checking out the blog. 😉

While I try my best at plotting, I am definitely a pantser XD. Sometimes I just can’t stick to a plot.

Annabelle
                                @annabelle

@kyronthearcanin

Thanks! Unfortunately, I’m having some serious problems with my website today, so I’m not sure you’ll be able to view any of the pages. 😟 I’m hoping it will be up and running soon.

Same! I normally start making an outline before I write, but it ends up changing so much when I write the first draft. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >