Hey! I’m new!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey! I’m new!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Horsegirl13
    @horsegirl13
      • Total Posts: 11

Hey, my name is Carrie and I’ve actually joined the forum a bit ago, but never got the chance to introduce myself.

I love to read and write, especially fantasy and historical fiction. I also love music, dance and training dogs, horses and sometimes cats!

I really enjoy For King and Country’s music and more than anything else, I love Jesus!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@horsegirl13! Hey! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! (I’m new to the forums as well!)

Ooh, I love Historical Fiction, music, and for KING & COUNTRY as well! I’m FreedomWriter76 and I am a Historical Fiction Writer, History Buff, and unabashed Marvel nerd. 😉

As is typical of us on Kingdom Pen, I’m going to ask you some random questions! 😉

1. What’s your favorite book and author?

2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?

3. Do you have any favorite movies or TV series?

And 4. What’s your WIP about?

That’s all for now. I hope you have a wonderful time on Kingdom Pen, can’t wait to talk to you more, and God Bless you! <3

Horsegirl13
        @horsegirl13

FreedomWriter76! So you love history too!? I tend to be a very patriotic person, lol

I don’t know what my exact favorite book is, but I like C.S Lewis fiction and nonfiction a lot. I’ll also read any history books I can get my hands on, mainly American revolution time period.

My favorite ice cream is probably Mackinaw fudge, and I like watching some Disney movies, old TV shows and movies like Albion: The enchanted stallion, even though it’s not my favorite. And the movie Dreamer!

My WIP is fantasy, based off of an Irish legend about a white horse. I’m still in the planning part, so I’m letting my imagination take over right now.

Anonymous

@horsegirl13. Girl, I’m a History NERD! XD Ain’t nothing wrong with Patriotism. I’m the same way. 😉 You sound like me about reading any History book, lol. XD

You’re WIP sounds very interesting! Ah, C.S Lewis. I’ve only read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but after reading that one book I want to read more. XD I’ve never heard of that ice cream, but it sounds intriguing! 😉

The American Revolution is a lot of fun to learn about! I have two planned Novels set during the American Revolution. 😉 But my main WIP right now is WWII and The Holocaust. If you love the American Revolution though, I recommend the animated show Liberty’s Kids! 😉 It’s so good! I love it entirely! (except for Benedict Arnold and General Howe, but they don’t count. XD) Oooh, and the Non-Fiction book Forged in Faith by Rod Gragg, all about the Judeo-Christian background of the formation of America. And for fiction, the book Preacher on the Run by Christian Author Jayna Baas. (Her book is my absolute favorite book ever! She’s working on the second one, and girl, I literally cannot wait! XD) There’s just a few suggestions for the American Revolution. 😉

What other time periods do you enjoy? I enjoy Ancient Israel, American Revolution, American Civil War, WWI and WWII (WWII more though…), Korean War (I really want to research this one more, to be honest), The Vietnam War, and The Afghanistan War. (And girl, I’ve wrote things for all those time periods, save for Korean War. XD) But WWII and the American Revolution have got to be my favs. 😉

Horsegirl13
            @horsegirl13

You totally should read the other books in the Narnia series! And they have three movies based off of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th book. All are good.

Your WIP sounds cool and also like something I would read.

I’ll look into your reading suggestions, they sound awesome! And I love Liberty’s Kids! I sort of grew up watching it, lol. I can still imitate Sarah Phillips and I used to annoy my sisters so much.

My favorite time periods are American Revolution, War of 1812, Oregon trail, the Civil war, both World Wars, Korean war and the Vietnam war.  I really enjoy genealogy, especially researching ancestors who served in the military. I also like to research the Spanish riding school during WWII and how the Germans and the Americans teamed up to save the lipizzan  horses. There’s an awesome movie based on that called miracle of the white stallions.

Anonymous

@horsegirl13. I’m planning on reading them. Just need to find them not in eBook form, because I like reading Physical Copies of books. 😉

Thank you! I have many WIP’s. (I’m a huge procrastinator and multitasker XD) YAY! Another Liberty’s Kids fan! Lol, that’s hilarious about being able to imitate Sarah. XD XD XD

Ooh, yeah, genealogy like that sounds awesome! I found a book about the Spanish Riding school! (Alas, I did not finish reading it. XD But the story sounds very interesting.) I may need to check out the movie though! Say, have you ever heard of Samuel Whittemore? 😉

Horsegirl13
                @horsegirl13

I don’t blame you for not wanting e book form. Sometimes it feels like that’s all our library has in a certain topic.

I don’t think I’ve heard of Samuel Whitmore. Is he an author?

Anonymous

@horsegirl13. I know, right!?

Actually, he was an American Revolution hero in the battle of Lexington and Concord that’s rarely ever been heard of! I only ever heard about him from one History Book(Guts&Glory: The American Revolution by Ben Thompson. He’s a great History writer, never opinions, just the facts. I highly recommend him!), and his story is both inspirational and amazing.

So, by the time of Lexington and Concord, Whittemore was almost 80 YEARS OLD! So, when the battles were over and the British had to march back to Boston, for one regiment, Samuel Whittemore was waiting for them. He only had a French sword, two dueling pistols, and a musket. He engaged the Regiment(all of whom were like, a quarter of his age!)in combat, shooting one soldier down with his musket, two more down with his dueling pistols, and then unsheathed his sword and engaged them in hand-to-hand. But then, he was shot by a .69 caliber bullet, hit with a rifle, and bayoneted THIRTEEN times. The British left him for dead. But low and behold, girl, when a neighbor found Whittemore, he was still trying to reload his musket! He survived that, survived the war, and died of old age(and awesomeness, the book said XD) in 1793!

His story is so wonderfully awesome! XD But yeah, that’s who Samuel Whittemore was! 😉 Great Character material too, lol. XD

Horsegirl13
                    @horsegirl13

Wow! That’s so awesome! I’m going to read up on him. And I’ll check out that book!

Anonymous

@horsegirl13. I know, right!? His story was awesome the second I read it! And absolutely check out the book! He has a Civil War and WWII book as well that are also great! 😉 All in all, he’s just a great History Writer. 🙂

Horsegirl13
                        @horsegirl13

Thx so much, girl! I’m going to see if our library has it

Anonymous

@horsegirl13. Anytime Girl. 😉

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 147

@horsegirl13 Hiya, girl! Name’s Wilder, though I have been known to conceal myself as other people too lol! I’m quite new here myself, but I figured I’d give my introduction since you’ll probably see me hangin’ around.
                              Like @freedomwriter76. said, we like to greet each other with a couple of questions….so without further ado, here are my lovely little things for you to answer:

Are you an inspired writer? And if so, what inspired you?

Do you like coffee? Or tea? Or both? Or not at all?

Do you have a favorite quote or verse?

If you could talk about one thing all day (us peeps here are nerds about a ton of things), what would it be?

Horsegirl13
                              @horsegirl13

@wilder-w

Hey! Sorry, but not exactly sure what you mean by inspired writer?

I don’t like coffee or tea, but I love hot chocolate and lemonade. Just don’t ever trust me to make lemonade that you’re going to drink. I almost put salt in my sister’s lemonade instead of sugar by accident once.

A couple of my favorite Bible verses are Psalm 22:22 and John 16:33.

If I could talk about anything all day it would be violin, classical composers, or American history. I’m a nerd about all three!

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 147

Mmmm….were you inspired to write by a person, place, or thing? Otherwise known as a noun lol.

Ha! Sounds like an interesting story.

Both of those verses are super cool! Love the Psalms one!!!

And ah yes, the violin. Although I am not subject to this topic, I myself play the Mandolin (a folk instrument with eight strings with the same tuning as the violin). Ever heard of Eternal Eclipse? Their really, really good!  I love their classical stuff!!! Also, if I may, what part in American history? Do you have a specific part you like?
                                  Me personally, I prefer Irish history….weird, but its pretty cool!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >