Hey guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    The Bean
    @the-bean
      • Total Posts: 65

Hey guys!
      I’m the new guy here. My name is Dorian, otherwise known as The Bean. Don’t ask why. I don’t know. I live in Switzerland, am sixteen years old, doing forest engineering school, am passionate about cheese tasting, managed to make a fake toothpaste out of buckwheat flour as an April fool’s prank on my family, have a pet pholcid spider named Charles, but, most importantly, I am a Christian, saved by the blood of Jesus-Christ who died on the cross for me. Whew. Long sentence. Oh yeah, and I love writing. Especially short scientific articles, for some reason.
      That’s me in a few words.
      Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Ps. ClareC, it’s through your sister Heather that I learned about Kingdom Pen. She’s a cyber friend of mine from Revive.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Howdy Bean,

Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

I think forestry’s awesome. What’s your profession goal with that? Are you into agroforestry by any chance?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome to KP, @The-Bean!

Forestry? What exactly does the study of forestry entail? And what’s a pholcid spider?
          So you like science. Just science in general, or a specific type? Physics? Biology?

Again, glad to have you. It’s always nice to meet new people. 😀

The Bean
          @the-bean

Nice to meet you, Daeus!
            More into sylvicultural forestry. I don’t know if that exists elsewhere than in Switzerland. It’s absolutely, flabbergastingly fascinating.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@the-bean I don’t think I’ve heard that term before, but do you simply mean the cultivation of trees? That’s pretty neat stuff. Love trees.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Grace W.
              @rebelutoinary
                • Total Posts: 32

Hi @the-bean! I am new here too, bu hi! What do you mean cheese-tasting exactly? And what kind would be your favorite? Wait, did you say Revive? I hadn’t heard about it until recently, but now several of my friends keep bringing it up!

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

Hello and welcome @the-bean You have stumbled across the bestistest place on the internet in the world. 🙂 Cheese tasting…interesting. 🙂
                  Here’s one thing you might want to know. TAGS! My tag is @bluejay which is the same as the name under my profile picture. However (let me use Sara W. as an example) she is @rebelutoinary. (not the same as under her name) You can find out what people’s tags are by clicking on their profile picture and you’ll see a @something there. The more you use the them, the more you can memorize them.
                  Tell me, what did your family think of the April’s Fool joke. KP did a pretty awesome April’s fool joke on us. Here’s the link to the page. https://kingdompen.org/a-farewell-from-kingdom-pen/

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
                  • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
                  Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy
                    • Total Posts: 1352

Hullo, @The-Bean. You sound crazy. You’ve come to the right place. 😀

Toothpaste out of buckwheat flour. Yum.

Oh and Switzerland! I love Switzerland.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                    Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

@the-bean
                      Greetings! Funny you should mention long sentences. Did you ever notice how long Paul can make his sentences in the Bible? 😀
                      So, do you write any fiction, or do you just do articles?
                      Welcome from the Dragon,
                      -Dragon Snapper-

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Hoven
                      @sarah-h
                        • Total Posts: 669

Hi Dorian! Welcome to the forum! Switzerland is amazing. What’s it like living there? Forestry…that does sound interesting. What is your favorite thing about it? Do you think you will post any of your scientific articles on KP? What is Revive?

@the-bean

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Sarah Hoven.
                        The Bean
                        @the-bean

Sorry for not answering right away. It was my bedtime.
                          I’ll try to answer each one of your questions.
                          So, working in sylvicultural forestry means I’m mostly “accompanying” the forest in it’s growth, trying to work it out so that only the best trees and plants win the race to the heights. Also, I will not only be planning out interventions but will also be one of the guys out there with the chainsaw cutting down the trees. I love it.
                          The funny thing about buckwheat flour toothpaste is that it sticks everywhere once moistened. A person brushing his/her teeth with buckwheat flour looks like a dog to whom we gave peanut butter to eat (for you guys who haven’t seen that, this Garfield comic strip describes it well: https://garfield.com/comic/2016/09/25).
                          I have tried writing almost anything. Poetry gave the worst results, and my scientific articles came out pretty good. They are mostly on biology, though I will also occasionally write about psychology and neuroscience (other subjects I am fascinated about). I will gladly share some with you soon.
                          Revive (https://revivingtheredeemed.org) is a Christian social media created by teens for teens, on which “revivians” share prayer subjects and learn from each other on many subjects. Joining is highly recommended. Great place.
                          I think I answered all the questions?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by The Bean.
                          The Bean
                          @the-bean

Also, please correct my English mistakes. My first language is French, and I often find myself speaking “frenglish” as a result.

Grace W.
                            @rebelutoinary
                              • Total Posts: 32

@the-bean I think you covered all the bases except for cheese! 🙂 I have literally given my dog a mouthful of peanut butter, it was hilarious. That sounds awesome! I just joined Revive, btw!

Sarah Hoven
                              @sarah-h
                                • Total Posts: 669

@the-bean I can see why you like forestry so much. That sounds like a lot of fun. Your English is very good. I took French for four years, and I still can’t speak it. Maybe I should join Revive too. It sounds really neat.

ClaireC
                                @clairec
                                  • Total Posts: 628

@the-bean, Welcome. Sorry, I didn’t see your post straight away. Heather tells me you don’t like chocolate…Even though you’re from Switzerland!! *gasp* Switzerland’s awesome, by the way, everyone! 🙂 I suppose Heather’s already talked to you about that…

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >