Hey fellow writers! :)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey fellow writers! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Queen_of_Alvastia
    @queen_of_alvastia
      • Total Posts: 612

Hi guys! I’m Sydney Witbeck and I’m so happy to have found KP 😊

I’m an avid bookworm who loves Jesus, my amazing family (including my somewhat-spoiled goat, Tumnus), writing medieval fiction, and a slight obsession for anything Middle-Earth!! When I’m not working on school assignments, walking my dogs, or trying to keep Tumnus from devouring our apple trees, I’m in the midst of writing a sequel, which is going in a very different direction that I had originally planned….

***some of my characters want to have a mind of their own and aren’t listening to me one of my characters has a mind of his own and at the moment isn’t listening to me…***

After college, I hope to become an editor and write books on the side.

Anyway that’s just a little bit about me and I look forward to connecting with fellow Christian authors/writers here!!

🥰#TorrynVelgardProtectionSquad🥰

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@queen_of_alvastia. Hello Sydney, and welcome to Kingdom Pen! 😀

That’s so cool that you have a Goat! 🐐 I LOVE goats, though they are not my favorite animal, lol. 😂

Ahh…the characters who decide to have a mind of their own…*sigh* so relatable. 😅

Anywho, where are my manners!? 😅 I am FreedomWriter76, a Homeschooled, Southern, Christian teen girl that is a huge Marvel and History nerd and has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction. 😄

As is customary for us to do on Kingdom Pen, I’m gonna ask you a few random ask-the-newbie questions! 😜

1. What’s your favorite thing about your genre?

2. What’s your WIP about?

3. Favorite books/authors?

4. If you could go back in time, which Historical Figure (whether well-known or not) would you like to meet?

5. Would you rather ride a Gargoyle or a Dragon? (y’know, if we could…oh, the imagination of a writer. 😂)

6. Coffee, Tea, or neither?

And…7. Pineapple on Pizza, yay or nay?

Again, Welcome To Kingdom Pen! This is such a wonderful, caring, helpful community. You’ll love it here! 😁 Can’t wait to talk to you some more! God Bless! 🙏💖

Queen_of_Alvastia
        @queen_of_alvastia

Hi FreedomWriter76!

We actually have 5 goats….and mine, of course, has to be the naughtiest…..

It’s great to meet a fellow homeschooler here!!

Oooh! I love answering questions 😊😊😊 Okay, here goes

1. My genre is fantasy. Or as I call it, Christian adventure fiction. I mean, it’s fiction set in a medieval based time period, but it’s not centered around or grounded on a historical date/event. I made the kingdom up. And there’s not any magic or talking animals or things like that. Hope that makes sense. My favorite thing about this genre is being able to invent a kingdom/realm/place (Alvastia by the way XD) and infuse it with all things medieval. It kind of came out of my fascination with the time period, adventure, and royalty.

2. Ha ha. This should be interesting, as I try not to give anything away….ummm…. Okay, basically, like I said, it’s a sequel to my first book. The MC is a…well, one of the characters from the first book but what happened to him is a ***MAJOR*** spoiler. So basically a famine has struck the land of Alvastia. The rulers (Esther, the princess MC from the first book and her husband) are, in the eyes of the village, too young and inexperienced to handle the crisis. Their royal advisor, Harmen, advises them to start trading with the North which has supplies to spare. Esther and the King refuse, since the North raised their mortal enemy in the first book. They are determined to trust God and rebuild their city. But even as they do, an underground operation threatens to destroy all they stand for. Meanwhile, *Ethan* (my MC. That’s not his real name. I came up with an alias for him) is about to confront the echoes of his past face-to-face. Whew! Did it!

3. Lord of the Rings by Tolkien!! Hands down!!! NO QUESTION! If you get me started, I’ll talk about it all day….

4. J. R. R. Tolkien! Any wonder? And be too tounge-tied to say or do anything… XD

5. A Dragon! By all means 🙂 (Hey is we didn’t have such a wild imagination, where would we be?! 😅)

6. Coffee 🙂

7. Nay….

Thank you!! I’m thrilled to have found this place!! ❤❤😊😊

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. 5? Wow! That’s a lot of goats! 🥰 (and haha, that’s the way it goes, isn’t it? 😂)

A lot of us here on KP are homeschoolers! 😉

And you’re homeschooled too? YEAH! Homeschoolers UNITE! 🤜🤛

Fantasy without Magic is my jam. I stray away from Fantasy BECAUSE of all the magic in it, so it’s always epic to hear someone writing Fantasy without magic. 😁

Your WIP sounds so interesting! 😊

I’ve heard a lot about LOTR. My best friend loves the books and movies. Haven’t read them yet though. I only RECENTLY began reading the Chronicles of Narnia. 😅

EPIC!

Oh yeah, definitely agree on the Dragon. 😆

Nice. Never really tried coffee yet, lol.

I have to agree. But…I hate pineapples, so…bias. 😂

You are SOOO Welcome! Yes, I was so happy when my friend recommended the website! You’ll have so much fun here, I just know it! 🥰

Queen_of_Alvastia
            @queen_of_alvastia

Ha ha yeah! I never thought we would have 5 goats! Yes XD He was the runt so of course he got VERY spoiled. I think his feet hardly touched the ground when he was little, we picked him up and carried his around that much!

YES!!!! Homeschoolers are AWESOME!!! ✋🏻😊

Me too! My parents own a homeschool bookstore so that was where I heard a lot of moms saying they had a hard time finding Christian fantasy that was adventurous and clean at the same time. That’s what inspired me to start writing 🙂

Aaaaw, thank you so much!! 😊

I’m crazy about LOTR! XD I love Narnia too. Lewis and Tolkien are two of the authors whose writing has inspired me the most.

XD

Yes, that would be so cool!!!

Well, actually the only times I’ve had coffee are when I was one of the drivers on a long trip and we were trying to stay awake and then as a special treat once when my mom and I were on a conference together. So I’ve had it maybe 3 times in my life? XD

Yes! Well, I like pineapples, I just can’t see them on pizza.

***jumps up and down!!***

YEEESS!!! I found it from YWW and I’m so excited I did! I can’t wait to get involved here!!!

Anonymous

@queen_of_alvastia. EPIC! You are sooo Welcome! 😁

And that’s cool that it inspired you to write. I can’t remember what inspired me to write other than my Aunt who’s a writer. She writes fantasy. 😄 I, of course, write Historical-Fiction, but…she still inspired me to write. But to write His-Fic books that were more specifically Christian…can’t remember where that inspiration came from, honestly. I wish I could. 😊

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >