Help Needed Concerning Writing an Article for KP!

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Non-Fiction Help Needed Concerning Writing an Article for KP!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3221

@kathleenramm @gracei-j @joy-calle @r-m-archer

Ok. I tried to tag those who I know have written articles before.

So I have some questions.

I’ve been thinking about writing an article to submit to KP for publishing… but I’m not sure where to start.

Could I have some help in tips on how to plan and write an article?

(Never done this non-fiction thing before 😜)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Kathleen
      @kathleenramm
        • Total Posts: 635

@esther-c

Cool! Here’s how I usually write articles:

1. Write about something that is meaningful or has personal significance to you.

2. Before writing ask yourself: “What problem am I trying to solve?” this will help guide your research and writing.

3. Brain dump every and all thoughts and ideas you have on the subject on a piece of paper or two. (This will help get ideas flowing while also getting a better look at the material in your mind and how you can shape it into an article)

4. Look at everything you’ve written down, and decide the necessary points the article needs to organize these ideas into a cohesive message.

5. Write down the main points of the article and provide a summary for what you plan to write for each point, along with supporting examples.

6. If during or after this process you find some gaps in your understanding, research the topic through other articles online, YouTube videos, books, asking someone you know, or even asking someone here on the forum.

7. Now you just have to put it together! This is the structure most articles use: Introduction and objective> main points and examples>summary and conclusion

8. Have a family member or friend give you read your article and give you feedback.

So yeah, that’s my process! It’s not the only way to write an articles, but it’s a way that has really helped me. I hope this gives you some ideas on how to get started writing articles!

Esther
        @esther-c

@kathleenramm

All of that is super helpful!! Thanks so much!! I’ll definitely be referring back to this multiple times! 😀

Esther
          @esther-c

@gracie-j

Oops! Tagged ya wrong!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >