HELP!!!! HUGE Plot Hole in my WIP!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Plotting HELP!!!! HUGE Plot Hole in my WIP!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Evelyn
    @iluvhim18
      • Total Posts: 95

@godlyfantasy12

Okay, well then maybe she fought with them the day before or something?

If you ask me about my book, I will talk for hours. Have a nice day!😊

Madelyn
      @madelyn
        • Total Posts: 115

Hi!!

@godlyfantasy12

Could there be someone who falsely witnesses against her? Say, someone who has reason to hurt her or maybe the actual murder trying to protect themself?

On a similar note, maybe someone powerful in the background pulled strings to have her convicted?

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Jodi Maile
        @jodi-maile
          • Total Posts: 138

@godlyfantasy12

Hey there! I love a good mystery, and some of my favorite novels are legal thrillers XD

I have some ideas for you:

What if Jocelyn wasn’t the main suspect at first? What if there was another suspect who was the main suspect until they were killed, and then Jocelyn was framed for both deaths?

What if someone important/close to Jocelyn betrayed her and helped to frame Jocelyn for her uncle’s death, in order for this important/close friend or relative to achieve some goal of theirs (being given a reward, advancing their place in society, etc.)? Because this person knows Jocelyn well, the community might believe that this person is telling the truth, especially if this person puts on a show about how they can’t BELIEVE Jocelyn would do this, but she did.

Evidence is known to be one of the most surefire ways to get a group of people to believe that someone did something–unfortunately, even if that person didn’t commit a crime. What if a belonging of Jocelyn’s was found at the scene of the crime?

What if someone saw Jocelyn’s uncle get killed, and vaguely saw the person who did it? They could then think that they saw Jocelyn do it because the actual murderer looked similar to Jocelyn? Faulty eyewitness testimony is actually like one of the main reasons that people are misidentified as criminals in our criminal justice system today.

If Jocelyn was near the place where her uncle was killed at the time that he was killed, then others might think it is much more likely that she is the one who killed him. This would work especially well if her uncle was supposed to be all by himself somewhere, and Jocelyn was the only known person nearby who might have been able to kill him.

If Jocelyn is pretty protected and naive, I’m assuming she might not have much contact with the rest of the people in her community. You might be able to use their lack of interaction with her as a way to get them to believe that since they don’t know her well, she could be capable of committing murder, even though her immediate family and the reader know of her innocence.

That’s all I have right now! I hope this helps 🙂

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

Thank y’all for the help!

@jodi-maile
            ooh the faulty eyewitness and stuff is great!! Ahhhh I’m feeling a little bit inspired lol!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Jodi Maile
            @jodi-maile
              • Total Posts: 138

@godlyfantasy12

I’m happy to help! Good luck with your story! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >